Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

A dominant program got caught cheating? Well, knock me over with an Academic Index...
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Remember the NFLPA concussion lawsuit against the NFL.

Wuh-woe ... here comes one aimed at the NCAA.

https://apnews.com/4a4ed68e4c3a426abc4e34606ae4a399
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Good times at Clemson:

"Dabo Swinney: Clemson Might Have Accidentally Given PEDs To Suspended Players"
        https://deadspin.com/dabo-swinney-cl...adspin_twitter

The PED in question is ostarine. That stuff (per link) " ... is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country, there are no legal medications that contain ostarine."

So how did something so clearly in violation be "accidentally given" to his players.

How's it even on campus (outside of say a lab environment).
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Miami to play Miami in Miami.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/c...mpression=true
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Yo dawg....

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Good times at Clemson:

"Dabo Swinney: Clemson Might Have Accidentally Given PEDs To Suspended Players"
              https://deadspin.com/dabo-swinney-cl...adspin_twitter

The PED in question is ostarine. That stuff (per link) " ... is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country, there are no legal medications that contain ostarine."

So how did something so clearly in violation be "accidentally given" to his players.

How's it even on campus (outside of say a lab environment).
              You are misrepresenting Dabo. He said it could have come from anywhere. There is nothing showing it came from inside the program. Here is the quote:

Swinney told The Post and Courier that the process is out of his hands and that the university’s legal team is still looking into all possibilities, which includes the chance that Clemson gave the players something the athletic department thought was cleared by the NCAA.

“Oh yeah, I mean, there’s a chance that it could come from anything,” Swinney said when asked if it’s possible the players ingested ostarine in a Clemson-issued supplement or were exposed to it in some other way at the school. “They’re going to test everything and look at everything. And that’s the problem. As you really look at this stuff, it could be a contaminant that came from anything, that was something that was cleared and not a problem, and all of a sudden, it becomes there was something.”
              Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 02-19-2019, 07:23 AM.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                You are misrepresenting Dabo. He said it could have come from anywhere. There is nothing showing it came from inside the program. Here is the quote:
                I don't think Dabo really wants to go there.

Ostarine (per previous link) " ... is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country, there are no legal medications that contain ostarine."

Who in the world would give something not approved for humans to humans. Why is something like that on campus (outside of say a research lab) to even be exposed to.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  I don't think Dabo really wants to go there.

Ostarine (per previous link) " ... is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country, there are no legal medications that contain ostarine."

Who in the world would give something not approved for humans to humans. Why is something like that on campus (outside of say a research lab) to even be exposed to.
                  Google is your friend...

Here is a disturbingly long list of supplements that contain illegal ingredients.

One study found that...
                  Chemical analyses found that product labels did not reflect ingredients for 80 percent of bodybuilding and performance enhancement supplements, and 72 percent of weight-loss products, the researchers reported.
                  "We found that half of the bodybuilding supplements in our analysis contained undeclared anabolic steroids," Navarro said.

Comment

I'd say fix the supplements industry to have to live under the FDA, but that won't happen.

Google: supplements Orrin Hatch

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

We use all the poor kids to go out and beat their brains out for our amusement. Why not let them juice up as much as they want. Seems a little late to be paternalistic.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Yo dawg....
                        Crap!

Beat me to it.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

St Thomas kicked out of MIAC for being too good at football.

https://sports.yahoo.com/division-ii...161438749.html

Now, I’m not well versed on my Minnesota division 3 schools, but when there were rumblings of this a couple months back I saw some discussion that at one point they had thought of going D1 but decided not to? I’m not sure of their other options, but is it possible they may need to go D2, in which case we may have a dark horse for another D1 hockey team?
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            St Thomas kicked out of MIAC for being too good at football.

https://sports.yahoo.com/division-ii...161438749.html

Now, I’m not well versed on my Minnesota division 3 schools, but when there were rumblings of this a couple months back I saw some discussion that at one point they had thought of going D1 but decided not to? I’m not sure of their other options, but is it possible they may need to go D2, in which case we may have a dark horse for another D1 hockey team?
                            I mean, most of the WIAC isn't that far down the road. They may be able to jump in with that conference and stay D-3... Not sure if UW-Whitewater would want another big fish in their pond, but it seems feasible from a travel standpoint at least...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Honestly I wish more conferences would do that when competition becomes so unbalanced that there is an annual race for second.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Honestly I wish more conferences would do that when competition becomes so unbalanced that there is an annual race for second.
                                Or third, which is where St. Thomas finished last year in football.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X