Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Good weather plus money.
    And a rather casual attitude toward academic integrity.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

Hey, none of those involved the sailing team.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Plus, weren’t those involved in the scandal actually bad at the sport they were playing? If anything, it hurt them.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Plus, weren’t those involved in the scandal actually bad at the sport they were playing? If anything, it hurt them.
          Well, I mean, they were filling those teams with people who never played the sport, so I would assume it didn't help them. (Did they even play for the teams? I don't think so. So I guess the teams lost scholarships? Or did they not? Maybe it just says something about how serious the schools took those sports so they probably weren't going to be world-beaters there.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

My understanding is the bogus applicants did not go even go out for the team, nor were they offered an athletic scholarship. To the Admissions Department, they appeared to be the perfect situation – an athlete who’s willing to pay his own way. So it wouldn’t affect the strength of the team, nor would it affect the number of athletic scholarships.

As for the possibility of follow-up, there’s no way the Admissions department is going to check the rosters of the teams to see if every applicant the coach put in a word for is actually on the team. That's what makes it a great scam.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
              My understanding is the bogus applicants did not go even go out for the team, nor were they offered an athletic scholarship. To the Admissions Department, they appeared to be the perfect situation – an athlete who’s willing to pay his own way. So it wouldn’t affect the strength of the team, nor would it affect the number of athletic scholarships.

As for the possibility of follow-up, there’s no way the Admissions department is going to check the rosters of the teams to see if every applicant the coach put in a word for is actually on the team. That's what makes it a great scam.
              Can't be that great if they got caught...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Can't be that great if they got caught...
                It was a fluke they got caught.

Comment

June is here.. 1 more month until College Football media days start popping up.. enjoy your summer, y’all.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I wonder how warm Harbaugh's seat at Michigan is right now, considering futility against Sparty and Ohio State and no CFP appearances.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Irish 2019 schedule could be really difficult... or not. Almost every opponent is in the "could have break out year.. or fall on their face" liminal zone.

My guesses:

W ... at Louisville (ACC, 2-10)
                      W ... New Mexico (MW, 3-9)
                      L ... at Georgia (SEC, 11-3)
                      W ... Virginia (ACC, 8-5)
                      W ... Bowling Green (MAC, 3-9)
                      W ... USC (Pac12, 5-7)
                      L ... at Michigan (Big10, 10-3)
                      W ... Virginia Tech (ACC, 6-7)
                      W ... at Duke (ACC 8-5)
                      W ... Navy (AAC 3-10)
                      W ... BC (ACC, 7-5)
                      W ... at Stanford (Pac12, 9-4)

I think each of the red games could go either way except Georgia which I can't see us winning without divinus amor.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 06-02-2019, 02:51 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        I wonder how warm Harbaugh's seat at Michigan is right now, considering futility against Sparty and Ohio State and no CFP appearances.
                        As Outkast would say, "what's cooler than being cool?"

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          As Outkast would say, "what's cooler than being cool?"
                          Figures. Yet all the Michigan fans I know are still screaming this is "the year." The year you do what? Beat Sparty? Beat Ohio State? Finally win a bowl game?
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Figures. Yet all the Michigan fans I know are still screaming this is "the year." The year you do what? Beat Sparty? Beat Ohio State? Finally win a bowl game?
                            If they lose to OSU, then maybe he starts getting some heat. A few Michigan fans I know just chalked it up to Urban having Harbaugh's number. If Day continues that, then I can't say they'll be as resigned.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

UConn to the Big East in 2020. Obviously the Big East doesn't have football, but reportedly the American will not let them stay as a football-only member, most likely because they're awful.

Options are:
                              A) Independent
                              B) Join as an affiliate. I think Sun Belt would be the only real option as they're without divisions.
                              C) Drop to FCS
                              D) Fold

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Football seems like a waste of resources for UConn.

Comment

Working...
                                X