Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

The Ohio State saga continues...

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-s...120591286/Amp/
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Re: College Football 2018-19: We Want Mugs, Pugs, Thugs... AND METHODISTS on our team

From a CBS Sports article (
      https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...be-unfair/amp/)

Since 2011, four schools -- Nebraska, Penn State, Rutgers and Ohio State (twice)-have been sanctioned in major NCAA investigations. That's actually the fewest number of major cases (five total) among the Power Five schools in that span.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Risky or risque?

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ith-ohio-state
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          That is incredible.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

AP Poll out

Since we know it's a crapshoot, how about this-

Last 7 years, 11 AP preseason Top 10 teams finished year unranked:

2017 No. 3 FSU
            2016 No. 10 Notre Dame
            2015 No. 6 Auburn, No. 8 USC, No. 9 Georgia
            2014 No. 4 OU, No. 9 South Carolina
            2013 No. 10 UF
            2012 No. 1 USC, No. 10 Arkansas
            2011 No. 8 Texas A&M
            Who will be it this year?
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Pre-season #6 Washington Huskies.

They'll lose to #9 Auburn to open the season, then overlook the North Dakota Fighting Hawks and be 0-2.

C'mon, ... a guy can dream can't he?
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

AP Poll out

Miami

Comment

AP Poll out

Auburn and Oklahoma.
                  AF 99

Comment

Pretty good article by Sally Jenkins on college football coaches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.6ab3cebec7fa
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Should know Urban Meyer’s fate today.

I highly doubt he’ll be fired, which is a shame.
                      AF 99

Comment

Not sure they could fire him based on the evidence. They like Meyer and arent going to risk a lawsuit based on this case especially since he says he reported the ncident. If they fire him they will end up paying off the whole contract.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Not sure they could fire him based on the evidence. They like Meyer and arent going to risk a lawsuit based on this case especially since he says he reported the ncident. If they fire him they will end up paying off the whole contract.
                          If he stays, OSU becomes Wife Beater U.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            No one will remember this a year from now.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Urban Meyer is what he is. He was scum in 2008 when his national championship Gators had a couple dozen players with a criminal record (and one pious QB who convinced the media they weren't that bad) and he's scum now. Win and having worked at ESPN in between and he'll be just fine.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                No one will remember this a year from now.
                                There are plenty of OSU haters to remind everyone. Just like Pedo State.

Comment

Working...
                                X