Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Holy Cross 2018-2019

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Way up north
    Posts
    8

    Holy Cross 2018-2019

    The schedule is up and Iím looking forward to the schools inaugural season in Hockey East!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Way up north
    Posts
    8

    Re: Holy Cross 2018-2019

    Well after two weekends of hockey, things arenít looking too bad for this first year program. A 2-0 loss and a 1-1 tie last weekend vs RIT and then another 1-1 tie this weekend vs RPI are not a bad start. RPI has beat RIT 7 times in their last eight meeting, several games were high scoring wins, so a tie vs the Engineers is great for the Crusaders. The first year players are playing very well and the returning skaters are accepting the challenge and experience of playing at the highest level.

    Next weekend the team faces its first significant test, playing Providence and UCONN.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    east
    Posts
    133

    Re: Holy Cross 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by gotanytape View Post
    Well after two weekends of hockey, things arenít looking too bad for this first year program. A 2-0 loss and a 1-1 tie last weekend vs RIT and then another 1-1 tie this weekend vs RPI are not a bad start. RPI has beat RIT 7 times in their last eight meeting, several games were high scoring wins, so a tie vs the Engineers is great for the Crusaders. The first year players are playing very well and the returning skaters are accepting the challenge and experience of playing at the highest level.

    Next weekend the team faces its first significant test, playing Providence and UCONN.

    You have a great coach there. first class all the way.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
    You have a great coach there. first class all the way.
    Heís the best. A great hockey mind

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6

    Re: Holy Cross 2018-2019

    Great school, stand up coach and hopefully a great program in the near future. Good luck!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Way up north
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut69 View Post
    Great school, stand up coach and hopefully a great program in the near future. Good luck!
    After watching this team the past few weeks, I can say that the key to keeping the games respectable is staying out of the penalty box.

    The few D1 recruits are playing well and the majority of the existing players are able to keep up, but they just donít operate at that next level. Penalty kill situations are wearing the team down.

    The BC game was fun to watch because nobody gave up the entire game. Merrimack could have been closer.... too many mistakes

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    20

    Re: Holy Cross 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by gotanytape View Post
    After watching this team the past few weeks, I can say that the key to keeping the games respectable is staying out of the penalty box.

    The few D1 recruits are playing well and the majority of the existing players are able to keep up, but they just donít operate at that next level. Penalty kill situations are wearing the team down.

    The BC game was fun to watch because nobody gave up the entire game. Merrimack could have been closer.... too many mistakes
    It is hard to stay out of the box when you are chasing the puck the whole game and playing defense.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Center Ice
    Posts
    213

    Re: Holy Cross 2018-2019

    Huge shout out to Holy Cross on their first ever Hockey East victory. I was hoping their hard work would pay off one of these weekends - HE #10 knocking off HE #1, what an epic first league win. Congrats Holy Cross!

    Here's a link to some highlights and post-game interviews: https://goholycross.com/ViewArticle....936.1539133117
    THINK PINK
    BLEED BLUE

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by whoop87 View Post
    Huge shout out to Holy Cross on their first ever Hockey East victory. I was hoping their hard work would pay off one of these weekends - HE #10 knocking off HE #1, what an epic first league win. Congrats Holy Cross!

    Here's a link to some highlights and post-game interviews: https://goholycross.com/ViewArticle....936.1539133117
    Not quite as "feel-good" of a story as Team India, but watching the video still brought a big smile to my face. Congrats an your historic win!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    38

    Re: Holy Cross 2018-2019

    What is the latest on this program in addition to this:
    https://www.uscho.com/2019/04/11/mer...te-head-coach/

    I know of 2 incoming recruits from MN that are nice players:
    Carly Beniek F, Breck (MN)
    Kailey Langefels D, Minnetonka (MN)

    Both were all state HM, Kailey made USA Select 66 in 2017 & 2018.

    Any others of note? Whats the future looking like now that Lachapelle has taken over the reigns officially from Van Buskirk?

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by used2lurk View Post
    What is the latest on this program in addition to this:
    https://www.uscho.com/2019/04/11/mer...te-head-coach/

    I know of 2 incoming recruits from MN that are nice players:
    Carly Beniek F, Breck (MN)
    Kailey Langefels D, Minnetonka (MN)

    Both were all state HM, Kailey made USA Select 66 in 2017 & 2018.

    Any others of note? Whats the future looking like now that Lachapelle has taken over the reigns officially from Van Buskirk?
    I think the new coaching staff is going to bring a more current look and feel to the program which will make the program become more legit in the D1 game. Nothing but a positive future as they grow their talent level over the next 3 or 4 recruiting classes in my opinion. I hope they will improve very quickly!
    Last edited by shelfit; 04-26-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •