Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Toothpaste beat Union and RPI beat Cornell.

Some **** went down in the ECAC last night.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Either way, after last weekend, RPI is still the fourth worst in ECAC, but no longer #6 in our poll. After the regular season ends the first weekend of March, I will release another MARS, reflecting a permanent top 5.

Under new rules, teams that do not make their conference playoffs don't have opportunity to move up or down the rankings after the RS ends. They sucked that bad.

And now I go to Snively for an update from Mt Washington.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Either way, after last weekend, RPI is still the fourth worst in ECAC, but no longer #6 in our poll. After the regular season ends the first weekend of March, I will release another MARS, reflecting a permanent top 5.

Under new rules, teams that do not make their conference playoffs don't have opportunity to move up or down the rankings after the RS ends. They sucked that bad.

And now I go to Snively for an update from Mt Washington.
        You got it, MT. If others have not heard, the observatory on the summit of Mt Washington clocked a wind gust of 171 mph on Sunday evening, breaking the old Fehruary record wind speed of 166 mph in 1972. Needless to say, no one, including Marty the Cat, has ventured outside far enough to inspect ice conditions at the summit parking lot, which lies about 100 vertical feet below the summit. Stay tuned, as more information is received.

Comment

Thank you!

Got an update from Bad Axe. Although the area has a rich history of hockey, I put out notices that we're looking for referees that weekend, preferably with no prior knowledge of hockey and no time on ice skates. They'll get paid in Steel Reserve cans.

Going to Fade for an update from Odessa, TX and John J. MacInness out of the West.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Thank you!

Got an update from Bad Axe. Although the area has a rich history of hockey, I put out notices that we're looking for referees that weekend, preferably with no prior knowledge of hockey and no time on ice skates. They'll get paid in Steel Reserve cans.

Going to Fade for an update from Odessa, TX and John J. MacInness out of the West.
            Are they going to have yellow practice jerseys like that playoff game after Schönfeld's suspension?

Comment

Going to Fade for an update from Odessa, TX and John J. MacInnes out of the West.
              West Regional planning was delayed due to the government shutdown, but is now underway. The rink, which straddles the US-Canada border, has begun construction of the boards. Included in the construction are two border security checkpoints along the center red line. All players will be required to go through one of the checkpoints when moving to the other end of the ice, and due to budget restrictions (and the demand that no one attend) the checkpoints will not be staffed by live officers. Instead, each one will have either a video link feed or a telephone line available. If the video link is being used, the other checkpoint must use the phone since only one video line has been installed. As noted before, dumping the puck over the red line will result in a tariff to be paid immediately, with the tariff to be waived if the puck is in possession of a player crossing the border. Faceoffs at the center dot will allow players to reach a stick across with no checkpoint trip necessary, provided the player does not put a skate across the line. Any border infractions will result in a 10 minute misconduct and a misdemeanor charge.

Other notes - the two communities could not agree on a clock system, so separate clocks (which cannot be seen from the other end of the rink) will be used. US Border Patrol also reports that "coyote" smugglers have been noted in the area, reportedly to approach teams about illegal ways to cross.

Comment

Going to Fade for an update from Odessa, TX
                The Odessa organizers have decided to pipe-in mariachi music at all times during games, to ensure that white Texans are so offended that they stay away. We're not worried about anyone of Mexican descent showing up, as all of them will be watching some team they call "El Tri" play something called "fútbol" that weekend. It sounds incredibly boring, but helps our bottom line, so whatever.

On another note, we had the leftovers from Furr's "Fresh" Buffet catered at the last late-night organizers' meeting, and after the results the following morning, everyone concurred the food will be sufficiently inedible and diarrhea-inducing. Of particular note, the lukewarm meatloaf with it's questionable composition and crusted-over ketchup glaze was exceedingly vile. The always disastrous, frozen corn-on-the-cob, and canned green bean casserole were similarly brutal.

I'll have another update on communications, referee plans, and scoring-keeping later.

Comment

I, for one, am actually excited for this tournament as it’s probably UAA’s only chance to “win” anything for the foreseeable future.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    I, for one, am actually excited for this tournament as it’s probably UAA’s only chance to “win” anything for the foreseeable future.
                    You've clinched the #1 seed!

Also, unless Tech pulls itself out of the gutter, they could very well be one of the last teams in. And before you declare Western bias, just remember that Marquette is southeast of Houghton.

Comment

I am pleased as punch to announce that the top 5 seeds have already been locked in:

1. UAA
                      2. Merrimack
                      3. Ferris State
                      4. Vermont
                      5. Connecticut

These 5 teams didn't make their conference playoffs, so they get to wait on their opponents. 6-16 to be determined.

Comment

Time has come for more conferences to get rid of their MBPBEGAM round.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Time has come for more conferences to get rid of their MBPBEGAM round.
                          I'm not wise on all acronyms, so enlighten me as to what that one means.

Comment

Probably something akin to The Union Rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Need to spend more time on the UNH threads. :-)

Chuck Murray coined the acronym MBPBEGAM for Make Believe Phony Baloney Everyone Gets A Medal round a few years ago, to which HEA responded by eliminating the round this season (hence, UVM, Mack, and Yukon are done after next weekend). The freed up weekend was used to spread out the regular season.

Comment

• 1. UAA- Midwest [Laurium MI)
                                2. Merrimack- South [Odessa TX)
                                3. Ferris State- East [Mt. Washington NH]
                                4. Vermont- West [Point Roberts WA)

Since these are the “Top” 4 teams, this should give them as much travel distance as possible.
                                Though it’s not really fair that the other leagues who let everyone in be denied the top seeds. Of course it doesn’t matter what I think...

Comment

Working...
                                X