Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    SLU & SLU(t) in 2 different brackets! I thought split squad games were only in spring training and NHL preseason.

If the lose 2 in both regionals I want to see them meet in the FuFF!!!
    No worries. SLU(t) is code for Yukon (aka UConn), I think?

Comment

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      How can the team with the Belt be here?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        How can the team with the Belt be here?
        Oh poo. Does The Belt change hands here?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          That's what I meant. Clearly, I need more coffee.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Update from Odessa. Since the assistant commish is on vacation, he gave his cell over to a German barista, pretended not to know English, and requested translation into German.

From what I gather, it sounds like ICE is planning some kind of visit/raid at the rink in Odessa during the regional games. That's all I was able to understand, from translating it back into English in my head.

That's all for now, Gute Nacht!

Comment

Guten Tag. I've been lazy following this thread. Now that Tech has made the Frozen Feeders, I'm trying to get up to date. Is that Odessa Texas or Odessa on the Black Sea in Russia or the Ukraine? If so I think we have badly heightened our standards by holding tournaments overseas.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Oh, I see, I read down a bit and found its Odessa, Texas. What a relief! I fear a raising of the standards to rinks in London, Berlin, Moscow, Beijing. Does the rule book specify that the tournaments must be held in the US? Oh, wait, do we have a rule book? I imagine not.
                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  Oh, I see, I read down a bit and found its Odessa, Texas. What a relief! I fear a raising of the standards to rinks in London, Berlin, Moscow, Beijing. Does the rule book specify that the tournaments must be held in the US? Oh, wait, do we have a rule book? I imagine not.
                  Bus access only!
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Report from Marty the Cat at the summit of Mt Washington is that unseasonably warm temperatures have softened the ice in the upper parking lot. But, the forecast is for lower temperatures soon, so Games On.

Comment

Report from Marty the Cat at the summit of Mt Washington is that unseasonably warm temperatures have softened the ice in the upper parking lot. But, the forecast is for lower temperatures soon, so Games On.
                      If they play on slush, that will work too! We don't want "perfect" ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        If they play on slush, that will work too! We don't want "perfect" ice.
                        Perfect ice? Surely, you must be joking.

Comment

Perfect ice? Surely, you must be joking.
                          I said we didn't want that, you big silly. If the ice looks too good, we have ways of making it not so good.

Comment

I received word from the Skating Club in Wilmington, DE. The carbon monoxide detector had been beeping all night, so they took the batteries out.

Also, to prevent another "Elba," we are limiting attendance to tournament officials, the locals we hired to be refs, and Guy Fieri.

Comment

just a thought for future tournaments. when we were in a hotel room and the fire alarm went off repeatedly, the mister would spray shaving cream into it. worked. might be more time efficient that removing the whole detector.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                just a thought for future tournaments. when we were in a hotel room and the fire alarm went off repeatedly, the mister would spray shaving cream into it. worked. might be more time efficient that removing the whole detector.
                                They just took the batteries out. When they called, I requested they leave the batteries out.

There will also be no Zamboni for these games. These teams suck, right... so no gift of good ice. If the ice is rutted, ice shavings pile up, etc... TOUGH BOOBIES.

Comment

Working...
                                X