Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Outdoor venues are welcome, as long as they bring The Suck.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Outdoor venues are welcome, as long as they bring The Suck.
      Would that be a frozen quicksand bog?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Would that be a frozen quicksand bog?
        Ooooh, kinky.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

As we all anxiously await the formation of a Space Force Academy hockey program (I believe the NHL has already funded a study), I hope UAF is allowed to help co-host their first outdoor lunar game. What’s more new and exciting than an outdoor game? Our experience could be invaluable to the fledgling, and most assuredly, bottom feeder program:

- No appreciable difference in outside temp (and it’s still a dry cold).
          - No appreciable difference in probable ticket sales vs our own hosted tournaments.
          - We often play at the Sullivan, so we know how to handle the deafening silence.
          - We are used to very long days and nights.
          - We are used to hosting games in a cold barren wasteland.
          - We are used to hearing teams whining about their travel difficulties and costs.
          - We are used to being far away from the nearest Olive Garden.
          - And if the Nanook Bear is allowed into space, what could possibly go wrong?
          The problem is getting there. None of us can afford the travel. So, regrettably, I must decline your offer at this time. Bus access only.

Comment

If anyone can remember what outdoor pond we had it on in Alaska for 16-17, tell me. Leaning towards that for a West bid.

Comment

The problem is getting there. None of us can afford the travel. So, regrettably, I must decline your offer at this time. Bus access only.
              Richard Branson has a deal, just for us.

Or, we could return to the summit of Mt Washington's summit parking lot for a redux (in the great state of Cow Hampsha)?
              Last edited by Snively65; 08-26-2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Richard Brandon has a deal, just for us.

Or, we could return to the summit of Mt Washington's summit parking lot for a redux (in the great state of Cow Hampsha)?
                Do we get Marty the cat? And can I get the Weather Machine?

Comment

Do we get Marty the cat? And can I get the Weather Machine?
                  The question should be "What do we get Marty the Cat?" Answer is catnip, so maybe he will not steal and hide the puck next time.

Comment

Can Jim Cantore be the announcer for the Futile Four?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Can Jim Cantore be the announcer for the Futile Four?
                      We'll get his non-union Canadian equivalent.

Comment

We'll get his non-union Canadian equivalent.
                        Just promise thunder snow and he'll do it for free.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

As we all anxiously await the formation of a Space Force Academy hockey program (I believe the NHL has already funded a study), I hope UAF is allowed to help co-host their first outdoor lunar game. What’s more new and exciting than an outdoor game? Our experience could be invaluable to the fledgling, and most assuredly, bottom feeder program:

- No appreciable difference in outside temp (and it’s still a dry cold).
                          - No appreciable difference in probable ticket sales vs our own hosted tournaments.
                          - We often play at the Sullivan, so we know how to handle the deafening silence.
                          - We are used to very long days and nights.
                          - We are used to hosting games in a cold barren wasteland.
                          - We are used to hearing teams whining about their travel difficulties and costs.
                          - We are used to being far away from the nearest Olive Garden.
                          - And if the Nanook Bear is allowed into space, what could possibly go wrong?
                          I like this idea.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Elon Musk needs to be approached. After all, if you can put a car in space you can put a bus there too.

Plus there's the added benefit of said teams in this game never returning to Earth to soil another arena.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Elon Musk needs to be approached. After all, if you can put a car in space you can put a bus there too.

Plus there's the added benefit of said teams in this game never returning to Earth to soil another arena.
                              Just called Elon. Says he can do it. But his conscience says everyone must come back, and that when HE'S ready to go, then playtime is over and everyone comes back.

Comment

Gonna post an updated preseason poll soon. You probably will see more AH/WCHA teams in the mix... no changes at the top, though. RPI and UAA are still 1 and 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X