• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Woot!
    https://youtu.be/8Z04FtRzgJc
    Going to see Metallica tonight for the first time since 1989!
    Nice! Somehow, I've never seen them.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      Nice! Somehow, I've never seen them.
      Jesus, even I've seen them since then, although not too long after your guys' dates of seeing them. They put on one hell of a show. I have a Newsted pick somewhere.

It was the 3rd Target Center show, GA, buddy and I fought our way up to 3rd row equivalent in front of Newsted. Kid Rock and Sevendust opened up. It was all the awesome.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Nice.

I have a busy music weekend ahead. Show with Blacksoul tomorrow night in CT. Then Saturday afternoon I practice with Blatch, and Saturday night I practice with the fill-in drummer and BHD. Then Sunday I'm doing double duty at the same show, a set each with Blatch and Blacksoul. And then Monday back to work.

I love playing and all, but couldn't things be spaced out just a little bit?

Comment

Family Tree is Wheeler Walker Jr’s best song
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If anyone is in Mass, I'm playing the Opiate record from Tool tomorrow night at Ralph's in Worcester, as part of a weekend-long Halloween cover party.

Comment

Huge Night Ranger kick right now. Never bought any of their stuff, never saw them live.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Don’t know if there are any shoegaze fans here but **** this new Swervedriver song is great!

https://youtu.be/HVBsk10R_tA
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Going through my Echo and the Bunnymen and Electrafixion catalog. Bring on the Dancing Horses is just sublime for starters. I didn't even hate the 1 album they made with Noel Burke which makes me very rare among their fans I know. When they reformed Evergreen was quintessential imho I still give Flowers and The Fountain regular listens.

Also some Sponge, My Morning Jacket and some 80's Christian rock such as Daniel Amos, Alter Boys, The 77's and the Rez Band. I wonder if Petra still holds up.

Comment

Joy Division on Spotify. Finally listening, and am liking what I'm hearing.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Going through my Echo and the Bunnymen and Electrafixion catalog. Bring on the Dancing Horses is just sublime for starters. I didn't even hate the 1 album they made with Noel Burke which makes me very rare among their fans I know. When they reformed Evergreen was quintessential imho I still give Flowers and The Fountain regular listens.

Also some Sponge, My Morning Jacket and some 80's Christian rock such as Daniel Amos, Alter Boys, The 77's and the Rez Band. I wonder if Petra still holds up.
                      I do not have anything from them since they reformed. I'll have to remedy that someday. Stormy Weather was a great single.

And you're right about Dancing Horses. By that point, they had lost most of their punky edge in favor of lush pop soundscapes, but his double-tracked vocal harmony on the chorus is just sublime. Too bad he destroyed that once amazing voice with too many smokes, and too much booze.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I saw him with Electrafixion in concert at the Fine Line in Mpls and they finished the show with Do It Clean to the delight of everyone. Echobelly and the Dandy Warhols opened and we were lucky enough to attend a party thrown by the Dandys. Their van broke down and couldn't leave town as scheduled so they found a house to rent for the night. Courtney Taylor-Taylor is a weird dude but pretty low key and doesn't take himself too seriously. Sadly Ian didn't make it there.

That was the Dandy's first trip to Mpls. and they've been back many times. It's weird how some bands/cities become favorites of each other and their visits seemed to grow in energy and were always eclectic. They appreciated the fan love so much they were inspired to write the song Minnesoter.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Joy Division on Spotify. Finally listening, and am liking what I'm hearing.
                          Excellent and highly influential rhythm section!
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Excellent and highly influential rhythm section!
                            Definitely hearing where acts like She Wants Revenge and Interpol got some of their sound from.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Down in the Willow Garden - Everly Brothers

This was... unexpected
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Petra was my first ever concert when I was... 8? 9? I knew immediately that I was to be a musician.

Comment

Working...
                                X