X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    https://youtu.be/AEM-1kKcg7g

I’ll Always love the soul and grit of Chris Cornell’s voice
    From that album I'm personally partial to "Face Pollution", but being musically trained I will listen to anything they did. Badmotorfinger is peak Cornell howling, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      From that album I'm personally partial to "Face Pollution", but being musically trained I will listen to anything they did. Badmotorfinger is peak Cornell howling, IMO.
      Yes! Face Pollution is one of my all-time favorite SG songs. When I practice drums I sometimes play along with that one. Cameron kills it on FP.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Ingrid Michaelson released an album where all the songs have some sort of Stranger Things reference. I'll download it anyway, even though I've never seen Stranger Things and don't want to get sucked into the Netflix rabbit hole.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Ingrid Michaelson released an album where all the songs have some sort of Stranger Things reference. I'll download it anyway, even though I've never seen Stranger Things and don't want to get sucked into the Netflix rabbit hole.
          You do. Trust me. You do.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The best review of the worst song I have ever heard.

In general this guy is great:

here

and here.
            Last edited by Kepler; 07-22-2019, 02:54 PM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              You do. Trust me. You do.
              I really don't. My big concern is time, especially after I recover from this foot surgery.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The best review of the worst song I have ever heard.
                But without it we wouldn't have this.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

"Miriam" by Norah Jones always makes me smile. Yes, it ends with "I'm gonna smile when I take your life," but I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZgkClKE6hQ

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    But without it we wouldn't have this.
                    Man, that was Mark Russell level bad.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Downloaded plenty more Ingrid Michaelson.

"Alter Egos"
                      "Girls and Boys"
                      "Stranger Songs"

I also need to download more Norah, more Sara Bareilles, and more P!nk.

Comment

Lioness: Hidden Treasures- Amy Winehouse

Comment

Not sure how many of you are invited to my future wedding, but I wholeheartedly encourage getting as close to your partner as possible on the dance floor. I already see my partner and I dancing super close to songs like this one.

Comment

Five Finger Death Punch is music for men who yell at their girlfriends at Applebee's.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Five Finger Death Punch is music for men who yell at their girlfriends at Applebee's.
                              As a fan of their music, I disagree. I would say Limp Bizkit would be that band.

Furthermore, using that sort of stereotyping, Sarah McLachlan is for hairy-arm-pitted hippie women in flowerdresses that are ankle high, and they hate men at the least, and live alternate lifestyles at the most.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Creed is music for dudebros who yell at their girlfriends at Applebee's.

And I say that as someone who finds the first Creed album to be an enormous guilty pleasure (the rest of their music sucks hard though)

And Rube, you're completely wrong about Sarah McLachlan. The hairy stereotype would be fans of bands like The Gits or L7, whose female fans are usually pretty cool.

Sarah McLachlan fans are the sort of well-shaved, boring, upper middle class, vegan, hipsters who live in Oakland, Berkeley, Portland, Brooklyn, etc. and really wish you'd just learn to like birds (because cats are too mainstream).
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-29-2019, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X