This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

BTW, Tempo by Lizzo/Missy E....sick song. Just sick.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah flip-phones were pre-Bt capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Yeah flip-phones were pre-Bt capabilities.
        Actually, flip phones have had Bluetooth for a long time now, going on multiple decades in Europe, but they don't have the capabilities for the needed music apps. In Europe, they were making credit card purchases with their phones going back to the 90s, all using BT.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by st. Clown View Post
          actually, flip phones have had bluetooth for a long time now, going on multiple decades in europe, but they don't have the capabilities for the needed music apps. In europe, they were making credit card purchases with their phones going back to the 90s, all using bt.
          Stop ruining the bit, Cliff!!

Comment

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band and Buddy Guy @ Bold Point Park in East Providence tonight. Much cooler weather than that sauna tent we were in last summer to see Jonny Lang and 2 songs by BG before we almost passed out.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Actually, flip phones have had Bluetooth for a long time now, going on multiple decades in Europe, but they don't have the capabilities for the needed music apps. In Europe, they were making credit card purchases with their phones going back to the 90s, all using BT.
              They do. I actually turned off all BT abilities, b/c they did nothing for me. And music was not a feature on the BT option. It just allows me to talk hands-free. I don't talk/text on my phone when I'm in the driver's seat.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band and Buddy Guy @ Bold Point Park in East Providence tonight. Much cooler weather than that sauna tent we were in last summer to see Jonny Lang and 2 songs by BG before we almost passed out.
                Samantha Fish was an add-on and she alone was worth the price of admission. The clips you see on YouTube is mild compared to the show she put on. KWS and the band were in their usual kick a*s. Buddy Guy is a treasure. Best concert we've ever been to.

Comment

Leo Moracchioli - he does metal covers of songs from other genres. He has fun with the videos, you should check him out. This is his cover of Ace of Bases' The Sign.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Leo Moracchioli - he does metal covers of songs from other genres. He has fun with the videos, you should check him out. This is his cover of Ace of Bases' The Sign.
                    Dammit for a bit the original was stuck in my head.

Luckily I turned on some Lake Street Dive to jump start my soul.

Comment

Dammit for a bit the original was stuck in my head.

Luckily I turned on some Lake Street Dive to jump start my soul.
                      Great group. They started up here; met at the New England Conservatory of Music.

Comment

Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures turned 40. Still a great effing album.

Comment

Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures turned 40. Still a great effing album.
                          OK, this is going to be heresy. It's not that good of an album.

It has one of the greatest pieces of cover art in history, the story behind the album is amazing, "She's Lost Control" is one of the greatest songs ever written. But a lot of the songs are meh and some are even... bad.

Hell, I've got the shirt (Cornell connection FTW!) and I love the idea of the album. But the actual music of the album. To these ears, overrated.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-26-2019, 11:34 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            OK, this is going to be heresy. It's not that good of an album.

It has one of the greatest pieces of cover art in history, the story behind the album is amazing, "She's Lost Control" is one of the greatest songs ever written. But a lot of the songs are meh and some are even... bad.

Hell, I've got the shirt (Cornell connection FTW!) and I love the idea of the album. But the actual music of the album. To these ears, overrated.
                            Opinions are like....

Comment

Opinions are like....

Well understood.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's Harriet Wheeler's birthday. Got a major crush on that siren.

Telecaster through a Vox amp. Doesn't get any better than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z778slDEsds
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X