X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

R.E.M.- Automatic

My favorite from them, yes. And with Mother's Day hitting me especially hard today, "Sweetness Follows" and "Everybody Hurts" were songs I needed to hear today.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      As for LL...his debut album, and the rap genre was still in growing pains. Rick Rubin produced it (he also did "Raising Hell" by Run DMC) and he went back to the basics, which was unheard of in that era. When he did RH, the group was asking about horns, synths, whatever, and Rick said, "Nope, that is a finished product." Rick wanted to produce what was heard in the streets before hip hop/rap was actually being recorded by the studios. Drum machine and rhymes. That's it. Pretty much forced the MCs to write good lyrics; they couldn't hide behind the music.
      Kim Gordon's story about her interview with LL, and the song it inspired ("Kool Thing"), is great.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-12-2019, 02:35 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Forget it, Jake. It's Reykjavík.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://youtu.be/87kjDEcNwPs

Forgot about Ugly Casanova, great summer jam.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Got a ticket to see Mudhoney in Detroit this October. They're playing some little venue in Mexicantown/Southwest Detroit! (for years, this was supposedly the really bad part of town)

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Got a ticket to see Mudhoney in Detroit this October. They're playing some little venue in Mexicantown/Southwest Detroit! (for years, this was supposedly the really bad part of town)
              Smalls in Hamtramck? If yes, it’s a cool venue.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Smalls in Hamtramck? If yes, it’s a cool venue.
                El Club. Pronounced the Mexican Spanish way, I assume (elongate the 'u', like if it had a German umlaut).

Hamtramck is nowhere near that 'hood.

Comment

El Club. Pronounced the Mexican Spanish way, I assume (elongate the 'u', like if it had a German umlaut).

Hamtramck is nowhere near that 'hood.
                  Ah, haven’t been to that one yet. Have fun, Mudhoney rages live. Arm’s voice is still great!

Comment

Ah, haven’t been to that one yet. Have fun, Mudhoney rages live. Arm’s voice is still great!
                    Not like he's a "trained" singer.

Comment

Not like he's a "trained" singer.
                      Whiskey and cigarettes are the answer to retaining the ability to wail🤣

Comment

Whiskey and cigarettes are the answer to retaining the ability to wail��
                        This latest album from last year "Digital Garbage" - man there are some heavy hitters on the sarcasm from tracks 2-4, 6, 8, etc. No holds barred about current politics and social issues. This is why I like Mark.

Evangelical hypocrites
                        Laying hands on a pile of ****
                        He doesn't give a **** about your Jesus
                        And it's clear that you
                        It's clear that you
                        It's clear that
                        It's clear that you don't either

Boom
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-16-2019, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend. Wonderful lyrics.

Comment

This latest album from last year "Digital Garbage" - man there are some heavy hitters on the sarcasm from tracks 2-4, 6, 8, etc. No holds barred about current politics and social issues. This is why I like Mark.

Evangelical hypocrites
                            Laying hands on a pile of ****
                            And it's clear that you
                            It's clear that you
                            It's clear that
                            It's clear that you don't either

Boom
                            Nice! I’ll have to pick that up. Thanks for the heads-up.

I saw Mudhoney in 2013 at a small festival in Minneapolis. They were fantastic. They were super nice guys as well as was Buzz from the Melvins.

It was fun to see them as music fans when they all shot to the front of the stage to watch Die Kreuzen play. Mark Arm stood in front, stage left from the opening notes to the last note of their set.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend. Wonderful lyrics.
                              Lil Jon, he always tells the truth.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Lil Jon, he always tells the truth.
                                Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X