• Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Checking this out next month.

https://www.metmuseum.org/exhibition...9/play-it-loud
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Just found the "Gett Off" by Prince "official vid," posted in 2017, was unaware of this...with the bonus lyric that is not heard on radio, and was rather hard to find when it came out (the 8-ball lyric). This, IMO, is the TRUE version of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f4BwQFF-Os
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
        It's hard to pick a favorite thing about Cab Calloway, but the fact that he may have been the first headbanger has to be high on the list.
        I can see it. But please listen to my demo.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is great. I missed twice; gotta close your eyes to avoid cues.
          Last edited by Kepler; 04-22-2019, 01:28 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            This is great. I missed twice; gotta close your eyes to avoid cues.
            A seven-beat bar is so crazy to listen to. This is pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
              A seven-beat bar is so crazy to listen to. This is pretty sweet.
              2:10 to 2:30 is tough.
              Cornell University

Comment

Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

**** yeah.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

**** yeah.
                  I still get weird looks when I pop Wu-Tang (or any of their solo acts) into the jukebox. Old arse white dude jamming to the Wu? Hells yeah.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I still get weird looks when I pop Wu-Tang (or any of their solo acts) into the jukebox. Old arse white dude jamming to the Wu? Hells yeah.
                    High five.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      High five.
                      I think it was Greyeagle's kid, on the GPL board, some of us old white folk were posting Wu Tang, Gravediggaz (RZA's side project), etc, and the kid was all into Zeppelin and stuff, and said "You guys are way more hard core street than I am. That's messed up."

Comment

Went to the orchestra tonight. There was an Icelandic pianist who may have played the most beautiful thing I have ever heard as an encore to his post-intermission concerto.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You must hang out in weird places Rube if they really think playing the Wu Tang is edgy for a white guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            You must hang out in weird places Rube if they really think playing the Wu Tang is edgy for a white guy.
                            The last couple times has been in Houghton and the local Old Chicago. The looks I get are from 20-somethings. It's more of an age thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              The last couple times has been in Houghton and the local Old Chicago. The looks I get are from 20-somethings. It's more of an age thing.
                              I could see it Houghton but it's odd 20-somethings would even know the Wu. Also I never know who is picking the music because 95% of the time there's already a queue in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                All the girls say he's pretty fly for a white guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X