X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Stewart messed with Sting: https://youtu.be/ESUYNeoCTl4
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

After the Grammys, I'm convinced Dolly Parton needs to do the SB halftime show.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        What I get from that is Andy Summers has the patience of a saint.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          He used to do it in shows too, messing with tempos, throwing in extra beats, or playing offbeats, etc. Kept the band on its toes.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            What I get from that is Andy Summers has the patience of a saint.
            Absolutely. There’s a 40-minute documentary about their reunion tour and it’s sometimes painful to watch Andy just want to play and get on with it and Sting and Stewart’s outsized ego’s just obliterate everything in their path.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I hated the way they let him Sting the arrangements for the reunion tour. I don't might some artistic freedom when artists play live, but more often than not I want to recognize the song and be able to sing and/or bop my head to the song in my head and Sting ruined that for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I hated the way they let him Sting the arrangements for the reunion tour. I don't might some artistic freedom when artists play live, but more often than not I want to recognize the song and be able to sing and/or bop my head to the song in my head and Sting ruined that for me.
                Yes. Saw the second show at Wrigley. Sting completely neutered Copeland so the show lacked the energy and enthusiasm we all wanted. That version of Next To You was as bloodless as friggin Bon Iver if he covered Bread.

Comment

This afternoon, I was belting out "Kiss From A Rose" by Seal in the car.

I have no shame.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Saw Bob Mould at the Paradise in Boston Saturday night. Excellent show, but I'd forgotten how freakin' loud live music is, especially when you're only 15 feet away from the stage!! Some old, some new, a bunch from Copper Blue (opened with "Hoover Dam" which is a personal fav.)
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I’ve really been enjoying Halsey. Not really sure why but I like her.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Enjoying Morcheeba. Don't know why I didn't start listening to this sooner, but this definitely fits the "upbeat and calming" vibe I have going on right now, thanks to HRT.
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I’ve really been enjoying Halsey. Not really sure why but I like her.
                          Great performances on SNL this season.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Enjoying Morcheeba. Don't know why I didn't start listening to this sooner, but this definitely fits the "upbeat and calming" vibe I have going on right now, thanks to HRT.
                            Glad you like them. Been a fan for some time. Ever listened to Air or Portishead or Spiritualized? Not clones but if a similar vein. You might also enjoy Over The Rhine. Different reasons for all of them but I think you'd dig most of it.

Comment

Air is great.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Glad you like them. Been a fan for some time. Ever listened to Air or Portishead or Spiritualized? Not clones but if a similar vein. You might also enjoy Over The Rhine. Different reasons for all of them but I think you'd dig most of it.
                                Like Portishead and like Over The Rhine. "Dummy" is in my top 10 all time favorites!

Comment

Working...
                                X