This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

I really want to see U2 play Joshua Tree in full (I saw them for the Joshua Tree tour both nights in '87) and there is maybe 1 concert a year here worth going to for non-local acts, but $400+ to be anywhere near the stage...

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Shame I didn't get into them when they first arrived on the scene.
      I was (and still do) playing music at that time and many of my friends loved them. But it wasn’t until around 10-12 years later that I dove into yeah yeah yeahs, liars and other early 2000’s bands. ****, I missed out not hopping on that train earlier
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Watch the MN Orchestra website in December and January. They often do $20 tickets for almost all concerts. We picked up a bunch of them last year. Including a show with a full choir, four classically-trained singers, and the full orchestra. Another was a full symphony from Mahler.

Great deals. Wonderful orchestra.
        Give them money. Orchestras everywhere are in deep financial trouble.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Listening to Janelle Monae and I like what I hear.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Give them money. Orchestras everywhere are in deep financial trouble.
            My daughter in law is friends with a number of Baltimore Symphony musicians. They're getting the shaft from BSO.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              A few years ago, I decided to get my turntable back up and running and that's pretty much all I buy now. After some significant upgrades to the rest of the system, there's just something about it that sounds better, more real, more three dimensional. CDs just sound flat in comparison. If you can abide the clicks and pops, that is.
              The clicks and pops is what makes vinyl awesome. Every record is slightly different.

And Janelle is awesome, Miss Thundercat. "Django Jane" is a killer track.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                The clicks and pops is what makes vinyl awesome. Every record is slightly different.

And Janelle is awesome, Miss Thundercat. "Django Jane" is a killer track.
                I like the entire album. Big fan of "Screwed."
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  I like the entire album. Big fan of "Screwed."
                  Have you checked out the Highwomen? Country/Americana supergroup. They're pretty solid.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Diving back into The White Stripes...**** they were great!

https://youtu.be/tWWNCKio_5U

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...um-882988/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        Diving back into The White Stripes...**** they were great!

https://youtu.be/tWWNCKio_5U
                        I used to like them a lot more, over a decade ago. They're just OK now. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I used to like them a lot more, over a decade ago. They're just OK now. *shrug*
                          I still enjoy them, JW solo, Raconteurs and Dead Weather. JW is a genius.

Comment

Gnarls Barkley- The Odd Couple

Comment

I know I brought it up before, but it holds....NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drh08TlEELQ

Comment

Trying to listen to Dave Matthews Band right now, and I can't bring myself to enjoy it. Is this like Grateful Dead or Phish, where I have to be drunk or high to enjoy the music?

Comment

Working...
                                X