X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I figured. I just decided to be a smartas-s like usual.
    And Kep, I have a new job (one in my field!), I have my best friends, physical therapy is going well... of course I'm going to dance (as much as an achy right foot will allow). Part of the hormones is this freedom to do what I want to do, even if it means listening to cheesy pop songs.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Air – Surfing On A Rocket
      Lizzo – Truth Hurts
      Conor Oberst – Sausalito
      Squeeze – Pulling Mussels
      Hole – Boys On The Radio

I switched to The Current to hear them interviewing Beck about his new record, as well as talking about how he arranged a visit to Paisely Park (he's a big Prince fan apparently) as well as to record some songs. He ended up playing a handful of Prince covers which The Current played. His Strawberry Beret was particularly awesome as was When Doves Cry.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        freedom to do what I want to do, even if it means listening to cheesy pop songs.
        "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

God bless Nick Cave.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Air – Surfing On A Rocket
            Lizzo – Truth Hurts
            Conor Oberst – Sausalito
            Squeeze – Pulling Mussels
            Hole – Boys On The Radio

I switched to The Current to hear them interviewing Beck about his new record, as well as talking about how he arranged a visit to Paisely Park (he's a big Prince fan apparently) as well as to record some songs. He ended up playing a handful of Prince covers which The Current played. His Strawberry Beret was particularly awesome as was When Doves Cry.
            I really like The Current. I may not like every song on there, but the variety is good. The corpie radio stations play the exact same stuff over and over, and while I like a LOT of that stuff, I don't need to hear it every day, 3x over. And don't you mean "Raspberry Beret?"
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              And don't you mean "Raspberry Beret?"
              My mom's favorite Prince song.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                My mom's favorite Prince song.
                Prob my mom's, too. Although she really likes "Cream." I know she knows, but still don't have the heart to really point it out.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It's not a bad song, it definitely has a hit quality, but I'd never say it's his best.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    It's not a bad song, it definitely has a hit quality, but I'd never say it's his best.
                    It's not even in my Top Ten Prince. I just was referring to the double entendre that the song is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      It's not even in my Top Ten Prince. I just was referring to the double entendre that the song is.
                      I knew he was a real Minnesotan when he wrote about "overcast days".

It's not an obvious double entendre as was popular at the time, but yeah...

Comment

I meant strawberry!!!

I still remember the day ATWIAD came out because it was so highly anticipated after Purple Rain. I brought it to school the next day (it was one of the first cassettes to have a clear casing) and passed it around class. Fun times.

Dorothy – Who Do You Love
                        Dave Edmunds – I Hear You Knocking
                        Frank Turner – Sister Rosetta
                        David Bowie – I’m Afraid Of Americans
                        The Avett Brothers – Bang Bang

Comment

Finally found a first pressing copy of Rod Stewart's Every Picture Tells a Story today, with the full fold-out cover. The copies I've owned have been single jacket reissues. Hopefully this one sounds good.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Listened to Beck's new album yesterday, liked it. Also, Midnite Vultures came out 20 years ago today. I'm definitely getting old.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Listened to Beck's new album yesterday, liked it. Also, Midnite Vultures came out 20 years ago today. I'm definitely getting old.
                              The Current mentioned that Pearl Jam Vitalogy came out 25 years ago. Sigh. I remember buying that on vinyl, because 2 weeks later it came out on CD.

Comment

"Alice's Restaurant Massacre" jumped into my head today, especially the line "we was jumping up and down yelling KILL! KILL!"

That song really didn't age well.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X