X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Children's Story by Slick Rick. Great song.
    I was going to mention that.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Also a really good night driving song.
      Absolutely true!
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I had no idea Paul Weller was still recording. Well at least as recently as 2015. Saturns Pattern sounds like something I'm going to want to get if White Sky is any indication.

I've also been looking for some new music to get and since 2014 was really the last year I paid attention to new releases I've started digging into 2015 and although I haven't listened to all of the following I've heard enough to explore further. If anyone feels strong (for or against) any feel free to say so:

The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die – Harmlessness
        Arctic Monkeys – Tranquility Base Hotel
        Interpol – Marauder
        Beach Slang - The Things We Do to Find People Who Feel Like Us
        HEALTH - Death Magic
        Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit
        Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear
        Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color
        Grimes - Art Angels
        Kagoule – Urth
        Blur - The Magic Whip
        Dilly Dally - Sore

Some not new music I've been rotating in today is the Pixies - Doolittle, Surfer Rosa, Bossanova, Trompe Le Monde, Death to the Pixies...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I had no idea Paul Weller was still recording. Well at least as recently as 2015. Saturns Pattern sounds like something I'm going to want to get if White Sky is any indication.

I've also been looking for some new music to get and since 2014 was really the last year I paid attention to new releases I've started digging into 2015 and although I haven't listened to all of the following I've heard enough to explore further. If anyone feels strong (for or against) any feel free to say so:

Interpol – Marauder
          HEALTH - Death Magic
          Grimes - Art Angels
          Kagoule – Urth
          Blur - The Magic Whip
          Dilly Dally - Sore

Some not new music I've been rotating in today is the Pixies - Doolittle, Surfer Rosa, Bossanova, Trompe Le Monde, Death to the Pixies...
          I really like Courtney Barnett. It’s not groundbreaker nag but like The White Stripes it seems like a breath of fresh air after all the stomp/clap stuff like Lumineers that has permeated indie rock.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Interpol – Marauder
            HEALTH - Death Magic
            Grimes - Art Angels
            Kagoule – Urth
            Blur - The Magic Whip
            Dilly Dally - Sore

Has had two studio recordings out in the last couple years, plus a new live album set with the Philharmonic, I believe. He's one of my facebook likes, so I get notifications all the time.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Father John Misty is a'ight.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Beautiful matching of video to song.
                Cornell University

Comment

Kula Shaker - K

Comment

Morcheeba- Big Calm

Having a lazy Sunday vibe right now.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Still on the lazy Sunday vibe, and closing the day with Norah Jones "Little Broken Hearts" and "Day Breaks."
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Lyric website Genius found a way to watermark their work with just plain text, catches Google "red handed" copying their work.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The new Taylor Swift single is great.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            The new Taylor Swift single is great.
                            This isn't going to cause any controversy.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Awesome. My little rat-faced girl killed it.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Love it. Fantastic.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X