X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I hear ya. It's just weird to think Nirvana is 25 years old already. Hell, GNR's Appetite is 30~ years old.
    Appetite was released in 87. Nirvana's Bleach was released in 89, but it didn't get much notice until after Nevermind undeniably moved rock into the 90s, released in 91.

We're getting older. And there was much rejoicing.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Appetite was released in 87. Nirvana's Bleach was released in 89, but it didn't get much notice until after Nevermind undeniably moved rock into the 90s, released in 91.

I'm getting older in age; I reached 38 years old on September 20. But in many ways, the HRT has me feeling young again. No matter how old I get, if the music is too loud... those people are just too old.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

The thing that gets me, and once in a while I'll be thinking about this. I came of musical age in the '70's, so lets take 1978 when Cheap Trick and The Cars were first becoming huge. And Happy Days was on tv. Oldies music was what, 1955-59? So at the oldest, 23 years before. 19 years earlier? A completely different time, like another era.

U2's first album came out almost 40 years ago. Doesn't seem like a different era at all. Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is almost 19 years old.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Also, the Foo Fighters' Colour And The Shape was released in 1997. "Ten" by Pearl Jam was released in 1991 too. Rhythm Nation 1814 by Janet was released in 1989.

I have "Black Cat" by Janet Jackson on my pre-marathon mix in the car.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

The Classic Rock station here played Seven Nation Army this morning.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              We are OLD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                "Classic rock"

Comment

What really blows me away is that Incubus' first album was released in 1995. Make Yourself was where they received national attention, and was released in 1999.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is almost 19 years old.
                    Funny of all the records mentioned here this is the one that most recently struck me as, "Holy s**t I'm old!". I would not have bet that was its age had you asked me that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      "Classic rock"
                      I mean we’re starting to get there, Seven Nation Army could get a driver’s license at this point.

Seven Nation Army, Mr. Brightside, Linkin Park’s Hybrid Theory, Franz Ferdinand are all hitting the cusp of “Classic”. Heck even Blink 182’s Dude Ranch is 22 years old (which means nobody will like it next year).
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I heard Cannonball by The Breeders today and am about to reach for my cane.

Comment

Mudhoney coming up on Tuesday night. Almost didn't happen - I had to tell a sales guy at work to go pound sand so that I didn't have to travel to Atlanta this week.

I've looked at pics of the venue, and this is gonna be awesome. It's basically a bar with a small stage/extended standing area into the building next door. Like Seattle in 1988.

Comment

I've started to get into Lady Gaga.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              I've started to get into Lady Gaga.
                              Cue mookie.

Comment

Hey Good Lookin’ was on in the hotel elevator and lobby this morning as we were walking to breakfast.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X