X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Since you like those two, try Alter Bridge. Don't be put off that it's the Creed guys. Totally different band with Myles Kennedy doing the vox.
    I wondered why I liked them so much (I first heard Myles on the recent Slash solo album).
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I'll check them out.
    And I've got "Do the Evolution" by Pearl Jam going now. One of my favorite videos.
    I f*ing love that song and video. I'm sure I'll be seeing live at least once next week!

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      I wondered why I liked them so much (I first heard Myles on the recent Slash solo album).
      You must be joking. Myles has the most "obvious" voice out there today. When it's him, it clearly him.

Comment

"Fear Fun" by Father John Misty.

This came up on Spotify after "Sleep Well Beast" by the National ended, and I am liking this.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Luscious Jackson.

Awesome lady rockers; had a huge hit with "Naked Eye."
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Ingrid Michaelson- "Everybody"
            Ingrid Michaelson- "Human Again"

Comment

Going to Pearl Jam in Boston Sunday. First time I’ve seen them since the No Code tour ( no Ticketmaster venues) in 1996

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                Going to Pearl Jam in Boston Sunday. First time I’ve seen them since the No Code tour ( no Ticketmaster venues) in 1996
                Geez, I remember that tour (assuming it was the same one that hit Milwaukee in '95). Buddy was part of the Ten Club, and got 2 tix, and invited me (ROAD TRIP!). Our original plan was Smashing Pumpkins in East Lansing on Fri night, then PJ in MIL Sat night, and then the Pumpkins in the Twin Cities Sunday night, IIRC. Unfortunately, couldn't score tickets to either show for the Pumpkins.

One of the best parts of the MIL show was for the last song, it was Vedder on piano, and a Neil Diamond impersonator came out and they sang "Forever In Blue Jeans," which Vedder announced was "the original grunge song." The concert is on YouTube somewhere.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lucky you didnt have to suffer through Theo Epstein on guitar
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Lucky you didnt have to suffer through Theo Epstein on guitar
                    I didn't see Theo, but Arroyo wasn't terrible in 2016. Youk on the other hand was drunk embarrassment.

Comment

BRMC for me is one of the most underrated bands ever. Every time I go back to their music I'm not disappointed and they have put out really excellent **** over the years without getting stale. I'm listening to their breakout self-titled record now feeling good, Louis!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...v6LWbrQOnxyVu1

So effing cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        BRMC for me is one of the most underrated bands ever. Every time I go back to their music I'm not disappointed and they have put out really excellent **** over the years without getting stale. I'm listening to their breakout self-titled record now feeling good, Louis!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...v6LWbrQOnxyVu1

So effing cool.
                        I'd have to dig, but I'm sure I saw them at First Ave before they hit it big (well....."big"); opening for some other small-time band. They were really good.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Holy moly. Taylor swift puts on a great show. Unreal production actor.

Somewhat disappointed quietly, Camila Cabello put on an incredible opener. I would see her again in a heartbeat. Smaller venue though.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Holy moly. Taylor swift puts on a great show. Unreal production actor.

Somewhat disappointed quietly, Camila Cabello put on an incredible opener. I would see her again in a heartbeat. Smaller venue though.
                            Not a fan of Taylor, but I will give credit in that she does NOT disappoint in live shows.

Comment

My only disappointment is that it was a two-hour set.

If Paul McCartney can get out there at 74 and do a three-hour set...

I really can’t say enough about it though. She used ALL of US Bank Stadium. Plus the coordinated NFC wristbands were an incredible touch.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I really can’t say enough about it though. She used ALL of US Bank Stadium. Plus the coordinated NFC wristbands were an incredible touch.
                                Love those. I've seen them at Disney a bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X