X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That's great.

That woman is h e l l a s e x y like Janine Turner before we knew she was a horrific person.

Should I watch this movie? It looks like it has Roadhouse potential for glorious terribleness, or at least Ski School.
    Ski School is indeed glorious terribleness. If you're gonna make a bad movie, make it as great as this one. "Hello operator. I'd like to make a collect call to Guam. Yes...Guam"

Now Ski School 2 on the other hand............
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Caught up on season 3 of The Deuce the other day. Now that they're in 1984-85, they're right in my wheelhouse. The soundtrack has been fantastic. Heard in the background was Is It Love, by Gang of Four, a song I've always loved, but haven't heard in a long time. Which led me to this, from their first album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8qX...XYT6vzszW3m8jM

It's hard to imagine they went from something like that, to this, in just four years and four albums. Amazing minimalist guitar solo near the end of this built around harmonics, that for some inexplicable reason was cut out of the album track. Andy Gill was a brilliant player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrxyOHUuQBw

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That's great.

That woman is h e l l a s e x y like Janine Turner before we knew she was a horrific person.

Should I watch this movie? It looks like it has Roadhouse potential for glorious terribleness, or at least Ski School.
        It is the dumbest, most childish movie ever made.

And it is awesome!

“What are you doing here?”
        “I’m having a beer.”
        “In Alaska?”
        “I like cold beer.”
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          It is the dumbest, most childish movie ever made.

And it is awesome!
          OK, I'm in.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Never heard of this movie until now.

Comment

First 5 from iHeart today:

Beach Boys – Good Vibrations
              U2 – Sunday Bloody Sunday
              Beastie Boys – Hold It Now, Hit It
              Patti Smith – Wing
              The Cure – Let’s Go To Bed (Live from Wish tour)

Comment

Albums this morning:

The Cranberries: Everyone Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?
                Ingrid Michaelson: Stranger Songs
                Ingrid Michaelson: Everybody
                Lady Gaga: The Fame Monster
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Found this by accident: Freebird

The first comment: I can't believe how hot everyone's grandmas are

Comment

Man, do I loathe that song.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Man, do I loathe that song.
                      There's a reason yelling, "Free Bird" to a band that plays originals is considered an insult.

It was accidental viewing related to something else, but I took note of how much fun the crowd was having and also some of the comments were priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        There's a reason yelling, "Free Bird" to a band that plays originals is considered an insult.

It was accidental viewing related to something else, but I took note of how much fun the crowd was having and also some of the comments were priceless.
                        The 70's were a bad time.

Yes, there was a certain sense of devil may care fun and innocence at the time, perhaps solely due to that attitude you have as a young teen with no responsibilities or cares in the world, but the 70's was not a good era.

There's a reason that punk rock happened. And it's called the 70's.

There's like two Skynyrd songs that I like, Tuesday's Gone and Simple Man. A couple more that I can tolerate. The rest just triggers my gag reflex. Freebird being at the top of that bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

OK, I'm curious now. Why is Free Bird considered an insult? I'm not a fan of the band, but I just don't understand the insult.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            OK, I'm curious now. Why is Free Bird considered an insult? I'm not a fan of the band, but I just don't understand the insult.
                            Cause its a chitty piece of overblown crap.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              As I recall how the story goes, it was intended as a joke originally. For instance, you go to a concert by The Captain and Tennille, then yell "play freebird." Something totally out of context with the singer's sound, basically.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Pretty much as rufus and SJ notes. Basically the band that's playing is so bad you'd rather have them cover that bloviated mess.

I do however enjoy, "Gimme three steps".

Comment

Working...
                                X