This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

We all know that’s North Dakota doesn’t recruit players: they grow them in a lab, like in Westworld.

How else does one explain the fact that Joe Finley exists?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      If what you’re saying is true, how does North Dakota get any recruits over Minnesota and Wisconsin?
      People who go to UM are smart enough make a conscious decision to reject the awesomeness of UW, UW people are smart enough to realize the awesomeness of UW and go there, UND people not are smart enough to understand the awesomeness of UW or the unawesomeness of UM, they like the color green and they hate trees.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

For the players that weren't already criminals, I always assumed Gino and Blaiser and Hak, etc. kept a member of the player's family duct-taped to a chair in the basement under the Ralph for four years.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
          John Prokop is a defenseman out of Wausau West, and will be playing for Omaha in the USHL this season. He was just named to the the All American Prospects Game and is uncommitted. I'm a bit surprised UW has not taken an interest. Perhaps because there is/was no room...
          Prokop has committed to Miami as of today. The lack of room had to be a factor, but time will tell. Wish him luck in joining "the Brotherhood".

Which, incidentally, has always struck me as just a bit eerie... I'm worried behind the scenes they're plotting to overthrow Costa Rica or Poland or something.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Just saw a post that Turcotte grew a lot in the last year. Wouldn't be surprised if you have a top 5 pick coming in next year along with another first rounder that could sneak around 15-20.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Just saw a post that Turcotte grew a lot in the last year. Wouldn't be surprised if you have a top 5 pick coming in next year along with another first rounder that could sneak around 15-20.
              I wouldn't be surprised either. The only reason Turcotte isn't the main player to talk about in every game he plays now is because the upcoming #1 pick is on the same team.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 09-05-2018, 07:35 AM.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

https://t.co/ZEuTZ31YqA?amp=1

Anyone have the goods on how good this kid is?
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

.....and was he on UW's radar? I've got to admit I've never heard of him and don't remember him in the championship game in Feb.

The article states he played 2 games for Sioux City last year, but he's going back to EC North for his senior year.

Son, if the Musketeers want you this year, to hell with high school hockey and get your *** to Iowa.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Neutral Zone Via Twitter....

@_Neutral_Zone
                    34m34 minutes ago
                    More Neutral Zone Retweeted Sam Stange
                    3.75⭐️ Sam Stange commits to Wisconsin. His vision, speed and shooting ability make him a threat every time on the ice. Highly athletic with strong edges and excellent speed. 2001 had strong showings at Nationals and Select 17s.
                    -------------------------
                    FYI....Neutral zone would say a 3 armed monkey that commited to UND has great vision, was strong on his skates and has a nose for the puck, so take it for what it's worth.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I think this is a pretty good get for the Badgers. Stange stood out enough to make the All-Star Game at the Select 17's this summer, marking him as one of the better players among the group of best players across the nation invited to the USA development camp. He's one of a small handful of favorites for WI HS player of the year this year I'd think. Really good athlete with talent and a high ceiling from what I've heard about him.

While I'd like him to play Juniors this year too, I'd say it's not necessarily a one size fits all answer for every player. Presumably he'll play at least one year of Juniors next year which may be just fine for him. For some guys jumping up and playing a limited role when their not physically as ready vs. playing 30 minutes a night of top line and PP on their current team isn't always better. Especially when they're getting the opportunities to go to high end camps and play at high levels outside of the HS season. He's a good player and has at least 2 years to get even better.

His select 17 camp performance has likely landed him on a lot of NHL draft boards as a player to track, and we just saw Gorniak had no problem getting drafted in a decent spot out of WI HS. His future is looking pretty good at the moment.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Spreadsheet updated with the Stange commit.

Sorry, I was out of town for the last week.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          Spreadsheet updated with the Stange commit.

Sorry, I was out of town for the last week.
                          Step your game up, son.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Step your game up, son.
                            I was actually in Madison for a week, but had some family stuff going on. Otherwise I would have tried to annoy a few of you in person. Next time, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I was actually in Madison for a week, but had some family stuff going on. Otherwise I would have tried to annoy a few of you in person. Next time, for sure.

Check out @JeffCoxSports’s Tweet: https://***********/JeffCoxSports/status/1039501839006396416?s=09

Wisconsin picks up a very good commitment from ‘03 RD Grayden Daul from Chicago Mission 16U. A little on smaller side, but very good mobility, two-way defender, excels at breakouts.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                                Check out @JeffCoxSports’s Tweet: https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...006396416?s=09

Wisconsin picks up a very good commitment from ‘03 RD Grayden Daul from Chicago Mission 16U. A little on smaller side, but very good mobility, two-way defender, excels at breakouts.
                                Looks like a '22-'23 defense addition at this point. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X