This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

The spreadsheet is updated with the recent NLI's.

Someone was watching me update it. Hope they enjoyed that. :P
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

It doesn't look correct to me. Also remove Almquist.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        I have updated that. Let me know what you see wrong. I did not add the players that I haven't seen official signing indications from (Twitter, etc.)

Maybe that is what looks wrong as I don't have Liam Malmquist listed as he hasn't signed his NLI yet.

Edit: De Saint Phalle has committed.
        Last edited by gwhinwi; 11-13-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          I read he is going to tO$U. No disrespect, but if we're going to lose players, it may as well be Tier 2 Juniors.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            I have updated that. Let me know what you see wrong. I did not add the players that I haven't seen official signing indications from (Twitter, etc.)

Maybe that is what looks wrong as I don't have Liam Malmquist listed as he hasn't signed his NLI yet.

Edit: De Saint Phalle has committed.
            looks good now. thank you again for all your hard work on this.

Malmquist isn't until next week, but he would be one of the critical signees I would think.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

looks good now. thank you again for all your hard work on this.

Malmquist isn't until next week, but he would be one of the critical signees I would think.
              No worries. Agreed on Malmquist.

Comment

I didn’t even remember Cameron Rowe. Was he ever a verbal?
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  I didn’t even remember Cameron Rowe. Was he ever a verbal?
                  Committed in August. Started by committing to UNO I think and then signed, but was released from NLI with NoDak. He has mediocre stats, was not drafted this last year, but that obviously his story isn't completed yet:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...6/cameron-rowe
                  Last edited by WiscTJK; 11-14-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Noah Grannan stats aren't great either. I just don't see these guys and think elite goaltenders....... https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...4/noah-grannan

Nothing personal directed to them, this is more directed at the coaches....

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Noah Grannan stats aren't great either. I just don't see these guys and think elite goaltenders....... https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...4/noah-grannan

Nothing personal directed to them, this is more directed at the coaches....
                      Grannan just got bumped up onto the NHL Central Scouting mid-term list FWIW....

Comment

I have to say I've never been so Meh about NLI day. It's like what's the point who they get if the players can't be trained or coached to be successful in college even if they have NHL potential. I am in a very dark place.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I have to say I've never been so Meh about NLI day. It's like what's the point who they get if the players can't be trained or coached to be successful in college even if they have NHL potential. I am in a very dark place.
                          I can't disagree with you. I had hopes as last years freshman had many USHL and former team captains that would help lead this years stallions. That hasn't happened yet. Could still happen, but there hasn't been any signs 1/3 of the way....

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            Grannan just got bumped up onto the NHL Central Scouting mid-term list FWIW....
                            I believe there are only 3 NCAA bound/eligible goalies on the list. Grannan(UW) and Commesso(BU) from the NTDP, and Czech, Jakub Dobes(OSU) out of Topeka in the NAHL.

Rowe was the 4th ranked North American goalie in the final rankings last year. Knight(BC) was #1. Number's 2 and 3 were in the CHL so obviously not NCAA eligible.

I don't know why these so called scouts have rated these guys so high -- You'd think they'd be smart enough to check their elite prospects page and see that they suck.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              I believe there are only 3 NCAA bound/eligible goalies on the list. Grannan(UW) and Commesso(BU) from the NTDP, and Czech, Jakub Dobes(OSU) out of Topeka in the NAHL.

Rowe was the 4th ranked North American goalie in the final rankings last year. Knight(BC) was #1. Number's 2 and 3 were in the CHL so obviously not NCAA eligible.

I don't know why these so called scouts have rated these guys so high -- You'd think they'd be smart enough to check their elite prospects page and see that they suck.
                              You just know it all, don't you Wisko? LOL! Rowe was 4th ranked and didn't get drafted - I guess you're right, they did watch and decided to stay away. Neither is lighting it up and both are under .900 save % with big GAA. But those stats don't mean anything to the almighty Wisko!

I never said they sucked, just not high end goalies of the caliber we have seen at Wisconsin in the distant past.
                              Last edited by WiscTJK; 11-14-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

You just know it all, don't you Wisko? LOL! Rowe was 4th ranked and didn't get drafted - I guess you're right, they did watch and decided to stay away. Neither is lighting it up and both are under .900 save % with big GAA. But those stats don't mean anything to the almighty Wisko!

I never said they sucked, just not high end goalies of the caliber we have seen at Wisconsin in the distant past.
                                No those stats don't mean much of anything. Sv% and GAA are about as useful as +/- in evaluation. Without any context it's meaningless. Do you think Cale Morris would have the same SV% and GAA if he played for UAH as he does playing for ND? But suddenly he would be a bad NCAA goalie? Rumpel went from a 1.96 GAA as a soph to a 3.49 GAA as a senior. Can't believe how he phoned it in the last year. What a lousy goalie he suddenly became.

Only two of the six current NHL goalies the NCAA produced in total over the last 10 years were drafted, so I'm not very worried about that either. I've watched them both play. They are very talented.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X