X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    This may have come up before....anybody else remember his dad, Jacques, playing for UW? I remember thinking he was a Québécois, but he was from Philly.
    I recall he was a transfer from somewhere out east and that he didn't play much. Which isn't saying anything bad about his game as the Badgers were just completely loaded to the gills in the early 80's. Some really good players didn't see the ice.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      I recall he was a transfer from somewhere out east and that he didn't play much. Which isn't saying anything bad about his game as the Badgers were just completely loaded to the gills in the early 80's. Some really good players didn't see the ice.
      Did not realize he was a legacy. Looks like his dad was at RPI before UW and only played in 7 games at Wisconsin.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/183082/jacques-de-st.-phalle

BTW, I saw De St. Phalle (and Turcotte) when they played for Chicago Mission U16 and loved his game. I found my post from that day lol, here it is. I even had an Andy Johnson/Chuck Schwartz sighting that day (March of 2017)....

Chicago Mission downed Team Wisconsin U16 5-1 today. Unofficially I had Lindmark with an assist, De St. Phalle with a goal and Alex Turcotte with a goal and assist. Turcotte centers the first line with Luke Toporowski (committed to Spokane Chiefs WHL) on the left and De St. Phalle on the right wing. Lindmark and Koufis played together on a line with Lindmark centering the line.*

I was really, really impressed with Turcotte and De St. Phalle today. Both have elite skating ability...both have incredible top-end speed and acceleration. De St. Phalle has really great hands and he is masterful at possessing the puck, even in heavy traffic. Many times he took control of the puck in his own end and just patiently evaded and escaped every opponent in his vicinity until he found a clearing and started the attack. De St. Phalle used his speed to generate two breakaway attempts today, neither of which he scored on. One he carried the puck, the other he flew behind the defense and received a pass to go in all alone. Turcotte is fantastic on his skates and many times just used his body and his feel to shield the puck and skate around guys while they were trying to push him off the puck. These guys should be terrors in two years when they hit campus.

Lindmark didn't jump out at me a whole lot as I watched. I think his skating is above average.*

Koufis seemed to be an average skater.*

Mission's first line was so good I think it made anyone not playing with them look average. After some penalties Koufis ended up playing the right wing with the top line and he threaded a great pass to one of the other forwards that they almost converted. It just seemed like good things happened to whoever was on the ice with Turcotte and Toporowski. De St. Phalle still stood out when he was not with his typical linemates, but it didn't seem like he was able to consistently show off his complete skill set with the other forwards.*

I used to go watch a lot of hockey at this level but since my daughter has played it has admittedly been a while. My evaluation skills are likely showing some rust...

Funny story...I saw a guy at the rink I knew I had seen a picture of somewhere...got to thinking that maybe it was Andy Johnson. So I walked up and introduced myself and low and behold it was Andy. He and I used to blog together and interact digitally for a lot of years but we had never met in person. It was interesting that he would not "take the bait" and talk about specific players but did say he had seen both those teams play 8 times this year and thought it was a sloppy game after I mentioned I was disappointed with all the defensemen beyond maybe Vlasic and Weiss for Mission.*

Speaking of Weiss (Notre Dame commit), one of the TW players blasted him over the boards into the TW bench area in the third period.

I had a great time watching the future Badgers and was glad I made the time to take in the game. That is a really impressive team. And to think that Badger defensive recruit Brady Smith started the year with that Mission team before jumping to the USHL....

Comment

• Matt De St. Phalle is tied for the USHL lead in points with 8-7-15 in 10 games.
        Last edited by DPlaya; 10-26-2019, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Per his Twitter, forward Robby Newton has committed to UW. Newton is currently with Cedar Rapids in the USHL. He played for University School and Team Wisconsin in high school.
          Last edited by DPlaya; 10-30-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            Per his Twitter, forward Robby Newton has committed to UW. Newton is currently with Cedar Rapids in the USHL. He played for University School and Team Wisconsin in high school.
            Good player. Lots of upside. For some reason I thought he was already committed somewhere... hmmm... I guess that will be my mistake for this year.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

The recruiting spreadsheet has been updated with Robby Newton scheduled as a '21-'22.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Corson Ceulemans will be playing for Canada Black in the World U-17 Challenge beginning this weekend. Caden Brown will playing for Team USA.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Urdahl had 2 goals playing on Lincoln's 4th line last night keying a 4-3 comeback victory.

He has 5 goals so far playing on their 3rd and mostly 4th line. I wonder if they make him top 6 at some point?

Comment

Nice article about Grannan on the USA hockey site.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Ceulemans is ranked 4th OAL by Craig Button for the 2021 NHL draft. I thinks he's a little low.

Comment

According to Todd M - Jack Horbach has committed to the Badgers.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...010987009?s=09

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          According to Todd M - Jack Horbach has committed to the Badgers.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...010987009?s=09
                          Looks like he is the fourth line center for the Caps

Comment

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Spreadsheet has been update with Jack Horbach's commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                Spreadsheet has been update with Jack Horbach's commitment.
                                FYI On the ladies' sheet, Blesi redshirted last year, so she is a RS SO. Thanks for doing the sheet, it is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X