This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    FYI On the ladies' sheet, Blesi redshirted last year, so she is a RS SO. Thanks for doing the sheet, it is awesome.
    I will work on correcting that later. Work blocks Google Drive.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      But at least you are working!
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

National Letters of Intent can be signed starting tomorrow. Should be interesting to see who gets one and who doesnt....cant carry 40 players....

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Thank heavens work doesn't block USCHO or Twitter.....
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
            National Letters of Intent can be signed starting tomorrow. Should be interesting to see who gets one and who doesnt....cant carry 40 players....
            There are literally 25 players listed as F on the spreadsheet for next year. I had no idea it had ballooned to that amount. I seriously wonder what the coaches are telling these kids they will get for $$$. 38 guys on the sheet right now. They must be some crazy good salesmen.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              There are literally 25 players listed as F on the spreadsheet for next year. I had no idea it had ballooned to that amount. I seriously wonder what the coaches are telling these kids they will get for $$$. 38 guys on the sheet right now. They must be some crazy good salesmen.
              40 if you include the goalies (27 forwards/10 dman/3 goalies)....been saying it for awhile - I think what Wisconsin is doing is pretty ridiculous. They are offering every player under the sun and when they commit they will then just wait and either tell the kid he needs another season or two in juniors or hope they decommit. I get aggressive recruiting but this crosses the line in my opinion. They almost have enough for two teams at this point. That being said - every recruit knows what they are getting into if they look at the number of commits Wisconsin has but I am sure they all think that they wont be the one being deferred or led along. The cast a wide net and see what you catch and keep is a recruiting technique some schools are doing (Merrimack comes to mind) but it does border ethically in my opinion.
              Last edited by Lemonade; 11-12-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

40 if you include the goalies (27 forwards/10 dman/3 goalies)....been saying it for awhile - I think what Wisconsin is doing is pretty ridiculous. They are offering every player under the sun and when they commit they will then just wait and either tell the kid he needs another season or two in juniors or hope they decommit. I get aggressive recruiting but this crosses the line in my opinion. They almost have enough for two teams at this point. That being said - every recruit knows what they are getting into if they look at the number of commits Wisconsin has but I am sure they all think that they wont be the one being deferred or led along.
                Good points, but (As you stated) I truly think they are covering for any DEcommits, early departures ←← (don't forget about that possibility), guys not ready, etc. UW has been hung out to dry in the past however, 40 IS a bit extreme.
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-12-2019, 09:33 PM.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Listed on the spreadsheet is not the same as committed to coming in next year. For the most part we don't know when or what guys are told as far as when they may have a spot. We're just guessing. Obviously some listed will wash out or see that they haven't progressed enough to have a chance to play and will look elsewhere. I think Ben Almquist is the only one in his last year of juniors. Good kid that has had some difficulty playing at the USHL level, but is doing ok in the NAHL. (plus the USHL limits teams to four 20 year olds, so the competition for those spots is stiff) Does he want to essentially walk on at UW next year and probably be a four year practice player, or look for another D1 opportunity where he can maybe break in and play, or consider being a top six D3 player? I know what I think he should do, more than likely he does too.

You can't send NLI's to kids who you don't have scholarships guaranteed to be available for. Zimmer is the only Sr skater and then there's the two goalie spots. My guess would be that Grannan and/or Rowe might get NLI's, and then maybe Matt DSP, or possibly Daniel Laatsch. Everyone else will have to wait to see who leaves and what spots are available before NLI's can be signed for next year.
                  Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-12-2019, 03:03 PM.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Listed on the spreadsheet is not the same as committed to coming in next year. For the most part we don't know when or what guys are told as far as when they may have a spot. We're just guessing. Obviously some listed will wash out or see that they haven't progressed enough to have a chance to play and will look elsewhere. I think Ben Almquist is the only one in his last year of juniors. Good kid that has had some difficulty playing at the USHL level, but is doing ok in the NAHL. (plus the USHL limits teams to four 20 year olds, so the competition for those spots is stiff) Does he want to essentially walk on at UW next year and probably be a four year practice player, or look for another D1 opportunity where he can maybe break in and play, or consider being a top six D3 player? I know what I think he should do, more than likely he does too.

You can't send NLI's to kids who you don't have scholarships guaranteed to be available for. Zimmer is the only Sr skater and then there's the two goalie spots. My guess would be that Grannan and/or Rowe might get NLI's, and then maybe Matt DSP, or possibly Daniel Laatsch. Everyone else will have to wait to see who leaves and what spots are available before NLI's can be signed for next year.
                    Solid guesses. Lets not forget they only have 18 scholarships to divy up. I would assume Lebedeff is on some sort of scholarship and you cant afford three goalies on scholarship or even two on full. Usually the 3rd is a walk on...I would assume that Rowe gets a NLI....should make for an interesting signing period thats for sure.

Comment

Solid guesses. Lets not forget they only have 18 scholarships to divy up. I would assume Lebedeff is on some sort of scholarship and you cant afford three goalies on scholarship or even two on full. Usually the 3rd is a walk on...I would assume that Rowe gets a NLI....should make for an interesting signing period thats for sure.
                      Everybody here gets something, nobody gets everything. I've tried several times to figure out who's getting what and how much they have left to go around, but it's pretty much impossible to do. I don't know how it's going to play out, they could push Grannon back for a USHL year, but they still will have three the following year as Lebedeff is just a Sophmore. So it probably doesn't matter if they both come next year as they must have some sort of plan to carry all three on the roster at some point anyway. They may not send any skaters NLI's, or maybe they will. Or maybe they'll send some good for the following year as they have 8 Juniors.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        But at least you are working!
                        Good point!

Thank heavens work doesn't block USCHO or Twitter.....
                        Agreed!

Spreadsheet is updated.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

40 if you include the goalies (27 forwards/10 dman/3 goalies)....been saying it for awhile - I think what Wisconsin is doing is pretty ridiculous. They are offering every player under the sun and when they commit they will then just wait and either tell the kid he needs another season or two in juniors or hope they decommit. I get aggressive recruiting but this crosses the line in my opinion. They almost have enough for two teams at this point. That being said - every recruit knows what they are getting into if they look at the number of commits Wisconsin has but I am sure they all think that they wont be the one being deferred or led along. The cast a wide net and see what you catch and keep is a recruiting technique some schools are doing (Merrimack comes to mind) but it does border ethically in my opinion.
                          I agreed with you when the Gentleman's Agreement was in effect and teams abided by it. But it hasn't been in effect in years. Wisconsin (to their detriment) was one of the last Blue Bloods to abandon it and it's been 6 or 7 years since Eaves said publicly that they would contact players they were interested in periodically to make sure the players were happy with their situation. The verbal commit really doesn't mean much of anything today. Players and their parents like to say they are D1 committed players and schools like to have some sort of plan for bringing in recruits, but it doesn't actually mean anything. Players can go where they want and schools can offer anyone they want. Grant Cruikshank was committed to Wisconsin forever and suddenly he's on a ride at CC. Wisconsin commit Sam Stevens is a freshman at BU this year. How does that happen if there's a gentlemen's agreement in place and no one could talk to these kids or vice versa? The "stockpiling" of players is an illusion. They aren't stockpiled, they aren't restricted in any way, every committed kid can go anywhere he's good enough to get an offer. And if they're good, they're getting offers. Young commits who don't develop to the D1 level are probably just not going to be on D1 hockey rosters. They shouldn't anyway, they should go play at a level where they can play everyday and enjoy the game.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

There should be a column for "Social Media" and Linecharts....For example: Almquist does not have UW listed on the Austin linechart, nor is it listed on his IG account.

Comment

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...a8d8c325175fcc

Sounds like G Rowe, D LaMaster, Laatsch, Kehrer, and F De Saint Phalle, Stange, Malmquist......

Almquist decommitts
                              Last edited by WiscTJK; 11-13-2019, 05:01 PM.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X