This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Any idea why Hurley is not going to be on the Minnesota roster?

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
      Any idea why Hurley is not going to be on the Minnesota roster?
      There's rumors, but I don't think anybody knows for sure. He wasn't at the Sabres development camp this summer, I don't think. Maybe he's just done.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

John Prokop is a defenseman out of Wausau West, and will be playing for Omaha in the USHL this season. He was just named to the the All American Prospects Game and is uncommitted. I'm a bit surprised UW has not taken an interest. Perhaps because there is/was no room...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post

Osiecki and Granato both followed him on Twitter recently, I wondered if he may have committed...

Comment

Palodichuk committed via Twitter a bit ago.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Losing a player like Sampo falls on the coaches and these coaches are getting paid a lot of money. These kind of mistakes can’t happen and then have him going to the Gophers is a killer. If Tony is in charge of the program then it falls with him but it’s most likely on the assistant coaches. We know Oz is in charge of the D and the fishing expeditions. So what does Strobel do? Not the D or Forwards, so I would assume the Academics fall with him. Looks very bad but I’m optimistic for the season.

Comment

Wassup BADges!?!?!?

How recruiting going?
                  National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Any fanbase that thinks Ski U Mah and row the boat are great ways to cheer on their team, welll....I guess you'd have to have rabies.

Comment

Jesus...could be worse I guess.

Quentin Cepheus and Danny Davis...unpucking real!
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                        Wassup BADges!?!?!?

How recruiting going?
                        Spellcheck is your friend.

Time to go upstairs, *****. You're mother is calling you for dinner. She prepared your favorite...Cheetos.
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 08-20-2018, 07:52 PM.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post

He's 15, as we know a lot can happen these days. Wake me up in 3 years when he makes a decision.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            He's 15, as we know a lot can happen these days. Wake me up in 3 years when he makes a decision.
                            I put him on the sheet. Maybe I should call it the tentative sheet for now?

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I put him on the sheet. Maybe I should call it the tentative sheet for now?
                              I think you have him a year too early. He's 15 so the earliest is '21-'22 when he'll be 18.

FWIW and I know it's been speculated on otherwise, but I can hardly imagine a scenario where Lindmark isn't a Badger next year. He's going to be a fairly high draft pick.

Lastly I agree that commit news, now with 14-15 year olds, isn't as fun to follow as it used to be. Sure, a kid might be fantastic, but it's so far off and so much can happen that it's just not as exciting as when they were generally only a year away. Even one year away players aren't as fun as they used to be back when a commit was pretty iron clad. Now it just makes you nervous all year. I'm reminded that Turcotte was picked in the 2nd round of the OHL draft by Saginaw, for example... That's a pretty high spot for a guy that's "for sure" going NCAA.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                I think you have him a year too early. He's 15 so the earliest is '21-'22 when he'll be 18.
                                Updated. My math was poor on that one. You're right on the '21-'22.

Comment

Working...
                                X