X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    He is playing in the BCHL this season I believe. My gut says the staff figures they would be replacing goal scoring next season and he will be here.
    The one great thing about the BCHL is it's a great measuring stick against other recruits. We'll know exactly what he has by the end of the season.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Wow. He may be a one and done as well.
      They really need at least one of the three first round guys to stick for 2 years. It may have made more sense to not bring Holloway in this year, then he could have helped fill the firepower void if one or both fist rounders from this year leave. I don't see any first rounders coming in next year.

Comment

• Apparently they are not expecting much in Montreal (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

https://awinninghabit.com/2019/08/02/montreal-canadiens-cole-caufield-goal-record-university-wisconsin/amp/

Comment

Apparently they are not expecting much in Montreal (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

https://awinninghabit.com/2019/08/02...wisconsin/amp/
          It would be nice if they did correct research. All of their references are to UW-EC hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
            It would be nice if they did correct research. All of their references are to UW-EC hockey...
            Actually it's a huge news scoop! 1st round draft pick switches to D3 school before semester begins!
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
              Well, almost, but that's funny. They did mention the Badgers' finish in The Big 7, Dhooghe and Malone. Then some hack looked up stats on the UWEC page.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                IIRC, the State of Wisconsin is pretty much the rulers of D3 hockey.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  IIRC, the State of Wisconsin is pretty much the rulers of D3 hockey.
                  Actually, Stevens Point has got it covered just by themselves.

Comment

• Rosters posted. No surprise omissions, no new non-NLI freshmen (Shay Donovan having been previously reported to be incoming, although I don’t recall hearing about his NLI).

LaMaster, Bohlin, Almquist, and de St Phalle all have to wait.

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                    Actually, Stevens Point has got it covered just by themselves.
                    I didn’t realize SNC had a Stevens Point campus.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

🤣
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Rosters posted. No surprise omissions, no new non-NLI freshmen (Shay Donovan having been previously reported to be incoming, although I don’t recall hearing about his NLI).

LaMaster, Bohlin, Almquist, and de St Phalle all have to wait.
                        With the roster being finalized, I have created a new section of the spreadsheet called Potential Future Forwards, Defensemen, and Goalies.

Hopefully it works for keeping track of guys such as these.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
                        Last edited by gwhinwi; 08-05-2019, 07:04 PM.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

You, being a badger fan, should know by now that 6 is a bigger number than 5.

UWSP ran the show last year. First undefeated season in D3 history. Not only beat St. Norbert, but shut them out 3-0 in the NCAA tourney en route to the title.

Comment

• Michigan got a commitment from Thomas Bordeleau from the USNTDP who some here speculated UW was recruiting.

Comment

Michigan got a commitment from Thomas Bordeleau from the USNTDP who some here speculated UW was recruiting.
                              Yes, I was hoping they would be able to get his services. This year's dream team recruits are awesome, but they need to sustain that. The next group of USNTDP aren't as nearly as heralded as this years, but maybe the next group will be. Of course there are the Dylan Holloways to be had of course.

Comment

• Per Todd Milewsku, Patrick Keegan is no longer committed to UW.

https://madison.com/sports/college/hockey/wisconsin-badgers-men-s-hockey-recruits-off-to-high-scoring/article_218e4ae4-b445-5534-bfca-438a379ebc7f.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Comment

Working...
                                X