• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Holloway did sign his NLoI.
    Full article at UWBadgers.com

Among the signees are forwards Cole Caufield (Stevens Point, Wisconsin), Dylan Holloway (Bragg Creek, Alberta), Owen Lindmark (Naperville, Illinois), Alex Turcotte (Island Lake, Illinois) and defenseman Michael Vorlicky (Edina, Minnesota).

Comment

UW sure is pumping the interweb with how awesome this recruiting class is. There's no question this is the best class since...but I like it when authors independent of the UW write objective articles and not the totally biased stuff on uwbadgers.com.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

UW sure is pumping the interweb with how awesome this recruiting class is. There's no question this is the best class since...but I like it when authors independent of the UW write objective articles and not the totally biased stuff on uwbadgers.com.
        great class won't matter if they don't improve the special teams and quit taking foolish penalties.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          great class won't matter if they don't improve the special teams and quit taking foolish penalties.
          Agreed. This team needs to mature in a hurry.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            It's college hockey. If they don't pump out content like crazy, the vast majority of Wisconsin Badgers fans will have absolutely no clue (even passively) that they have players of that caliber.

I greatly prefer that to the 2013-14 season when they basically kept everything a secret, hence setting records for attendance lows when fans should've had more reason to be excited than in the previous three years. UW Athletics needs to carry most of the load, because the mainstream national sports media won't do it for you. Remember, they're trying to build a new fan base.

True, for better analysis, I'd seek it out elsewhere, but they need to do stuff like this to maintain any hope of building a new fan base.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              It's college hockey. If they don't pump out content like crazy, the vast majority of Wisconsin Badgers fans will have absolutely no clue (even passively) that they have players of that caliber.

I greatly prefer that to the 2013-14 season when they basically kept everything a secret, hence setting records for attendance lows when fans should've had more reason to be excited than in the previous three years. UW Athletics needs to carry most of the load, because the mainstream national sports media won't do it for you. Remember, they're trying to build a new fan base.

True, for better analysis, I'd seek it out elsewhere, but they need to do stuff like this to maintain any hope of building a new fan base.
              It is also possible Ethan Leyh and/or Sam Stange join this forward class.. two more forwards on the NHL Draft list.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post

I just think anyone with a brain sees through all the organizational promotional hype as just subjective hype. Just about every piece of info in the interweb has a slanted perspective to some degree.

Kinda related, but maybe not...I hate when they post out of town scores or recent results for UW sports on the scoreboard or announce them at a live game, they never announce a loss.

Comment

OK...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                    OK...

And...

Comment

Kinda related, but maybe not...I hate when they post out of town scores or recent results for UW sports on the scoreboard or announce them at a live game, they never announce a loss.
                      That bothered me for ages. What did they think would happen when they would post a losing score, did they think they crowd would riot or something? There must be an official policy to never show a losing score for a Wisconsin team, and I have no idea when that began.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        That bothered me for ages. What did they think would happen when they would post a losing score, did they think they crowd would riot or something? There must be an official policy to never show a losing score for a Wisconsin team, and I have no idea when that began.
                        Everything is pastel rainbows and pink unicorns you know.

Comment

JD Greenway committs to Maine.....

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I just think anyone with a brain sees through all the organizational promotional hype as just subjective hype. Just about every piece of info in the interweb has a slanted perspective to some degree.
                            I don't read or listen to anything with school ties who are afraid to say anything against the UW. (Are you listening The Big 1070?)

I read and trust people who post here on USCHO (or even Buckyville) for the truth. Watch the UW men's hockey Twitter feed sometime. When we're getting our asses kicked you'd never know it !

Oh and by the way......Maine is a safety school.
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-20-2018, 02:32 PM.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              I don't read or listen to anything with school ties who are afraid to say anything against the UW. (Are you listening The Big 1070?)

I read and trust people who post here on USCHO (or even Buckyville) for the truth. Watch the UW men's hockey Twitter feed sometime. When we're getting our asses kicked you'd never know it !

Oh and by the way......Maine is a safety school.
                              There are plenty of sources internal and external that are critical of UW teams when needed. I do not have any specific examples readily available, so you may write this off as "fake news".

I'm not sure what your second comment is geared towards, the people who write articles for the websites or the people in the comments/forums.
                              If you think that the people who post anonymously on internet message boards are the people to trust, that is a very interesting take.

I also follow the UW Hockey twitter feed. They provide updates during the games of when key plans happen for either team, penalties and related power plays, and scoring for both teams. What more would you expect from them? Of course they are going to post more positive things than negative things, the account is run by "the man". I wouldn't expect the PR branch of any organization to highlight the negatives of any situation.

And I disagree with classifying Maine as a "safety school". From what I remember JD leaving wasn't an academic issue. It was a maturity/chemistry issue. Maybe Maine is an "Island of Misfit Toys" school would be more appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                It is so pathetic Lucas sold his soul to UW. He always had an opinion, but now he's turned in his journalism badge for a mouthpiece badge for UW sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X