X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    That's possible Wisco, but it's a business. Luc might not give a ****.
    Alex is almost certainly a one and done, but first we actually have to get him here in the fall. Some teams may have pushed him to Canada, but I feel like LA will be good with him here.

You can see the chip growing on Caufield's shoulder as this progresses. Good!
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Alex is almost certainly a one and done, but first we actually have to get him here in the fall. Some teams may have pushed him to Canada, but I feel like LA will be good with him here.

You can see the chip growing on Caufield's shoulder as this progresses. Good!
      Yep, that chip is getting huge ala Aaron Rodgers.
      EDIT.....well it's down to #15. It WILL be either "Les Habitants" or the Avs for sure.

Well, he better polish up on his French-Canadian now!

I don't think Cole has anything to prove, but I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 40+ points with all the talent around him. Same with Alex.
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-21-2019, 08:58 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Yep, that chip is getting huge ala Aaron Rodgers.
        EDIT.....well it's down to #15. It WILL be either "Les Habitants" or the Avs for sure.

Well, he better polish up on his French-Canadian now!

I don't think Cole has anything to prove, but I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 40+ points with all the talent around him. Same with Alex.
        Recruiting is high end in Wisconsin. Looking solid

Comment

Caulfield Looking for the quickest route to nhl. I’ll be shocked if either he or Turcotte are not one and done’s.

I also would not be shocked if one of them doesn’t skate for UW in fall.

Please tell me i’m too pessimistic.
          Last edited by solovsfett; 06-22-2019, 11:20 PM.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Caulfield Looking for the quickest route to nhl. I’ll be shocked if either he or Turcotte are not one and done’s.

The Montreal beat writer immediately began alluding to Major Junior as a quicker route to the NHL in his first article after the draft. I engaged him on Twitter and sent him a link on the rising number of NHL players coming from college. He came back and said college players take longer. I replied that college players are given longer contractually by the NHL and they don't have to be rushed. The Buffalo GM was just quoted as saying for the later rounds of the draft he prefers drafting college players since they hold their rights longer.

At any rate, the beat writer (Stu Cowan) came back today in an article and said Montreal would let him choose and the team was quoted as saying they expected him at Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Even if they are only here 1 year, it ill be a magical ride that we won't forget. And it will help the rest of the team elevate their play as they have to practice against/with these guys. I'm hoping Holloway is there 2 years, he may be a one and done as well if he puts up a lot of points/looks awesome this year, then gets drafted.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                The Montreal beat writer immediately began alluding to Major Junior as a quicker route to the NHL in his first article after the draft. I engaged him on Twitter and sent him a link on the rising number of NHL players coming from college. He came back and said college players take longer. I replied that college players are given longer contractually by the NHL and they don't have to be rushed. The Buffalo GM was just quoted as saying for the later rounds of the draft he prefers drafting college players since they hold their rights longer.

At any rate, the beat writer (Stu Cowan) came back today in an article and said Montreal would let him choose and the team was quoted as saying they expected him at Wisconsin.
                He said that Major Junior is a quicker way to the NHL. And he is 100% correct. For many reasons. College players are almost always older when they go to the NHL. It will be interesting to see how the draft class from the US NTDP fair over the next few years. That is a large amount of data to analyze. It will be interesting to see how many of those drafted from the NTDP actually go to play one or 2 years of NCAA or go to Tier 1 Junior for a year. I think that the NHL teams still prefer to hae them develop for a year in Major Junior because of the more rigorous schedule. And, I can't help but wonder if a bunch of those kids drafted from the national team might be a product of a good system and they might have a little less luck transitioning their success at the next level. I could be wrong but it seems to be a bit too much talent coming from one program? Boom or bust?

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

The CHL was brought up seconds after Caufield (and maybe Turcotte) was drafted. I don't recall if it was "Regis" (Pierre McGuire ) or somebody else. KEEP IN MIND this broadcast was simulcast with SportsNet in Canada. Whoever mentioned it was just performing fellatio on the Canadian viewers, knowing that there aren't many Americans watching. I remember thinking it was "Regis" because he does the same thing on the NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM; pandering to Canadians. He THINKS he's Canadian, but my Canuck friends want NOTHING to do with him either!

The boys aren't going anywhere....at least for one year.

If you're good enough, the NHL is taking you no matter your age, or where in the world you played.
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-24-2019, 03:37 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    The CHL was brought up seconds after Caufield (and maybe Turcotte) was drafted. I don't recall if it was "Regis" (Pierre McGuire ) or somebody else. KEEP IN MIND this broadcast was simulcast with SportsNet in Canada. Whoever mentioned it was just performing fellatio on the Canadian viewers, knowing that there aren't many Americans watching. I remember thinking it was "Regis" because he does the same thing on the NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM; pandering to Canadians. He THINKS he's Canadian, but my Canuck friends want NOTHING to do with him either!

The boys aren't going anywhere....at least for one year.

If you're good enough, the NHL is taking you no matter your age, or where in the world you played.
                    Yeah, I think the CHL adherents are a bit nervous with the rise of NCAA players making the Show.

I should have known there was some hyperbole coming from hand writers about CHL and quickest path etc.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      Yeah, I think the CHL adherents are a bit nervous with the rise of NCAA players making the Show.

I should have known there was some hyperbole coming from hand writers about CHL and quickest path etc.
                      This video seems to show LA fine with Turcotte at Wisconsin and Montreal OK with it. Some decent insight on players from scouts and front office staff as well.

https://twitter.com/BadgerMHockey/status/1143627050168868865?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                        This video seems to show LA fine with Turcotte at Wisconsin and Montreal OK with it. Some decent insight on players from scouts and front office staff as well.

https://twitter.com/BadgerMHockey/st...168868865?s=19
                        Thanks, D. Great video.

I'm with Craig Button, so I say to Cole Caufield......"Caufield, from now on your Delta Tau Chi name is GOAL".
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-26-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Plenty of recent history of guys going to college, playing a season or two and making an NHL roster immediately. Even more so guys picked in the top half of the first round. Why would a couple of kids from Wisconsin and Illinois want to run around Ontario in buses when they can play basically in their backyard?

Comment

Thanks, D. Great video.

I'm with Craig Button, so I say to Cole Caufield......"Caufield, from now on your Delta Tau Chi name is GOAL".
                            Goal Caufield and Alex "Scores a Lot" Turcotte.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Goal Caufield and Alex "Scores a Lot" Turcotte.
                              Goal Caufield and Alex Skorzalotte. Good, but a little more creative, Timmy!
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-27-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Holloway coming in at 11 in the way-too-early rankings from Peters on ESPN ($)

Comment

Working...
                                X