X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Goal Caufield and Alex Skorzalotte. Good, but a little more creative, Timmy!
    You should know after looking at my handle sometimes creativity escapes me.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      Holloway coming in at 11 in the way-too-early rankings from Peters on ESPN ($)
      Heck yeah! 3 top 15 players on the roster. Resistance is futile.

Comment

• Good Donovan and Vorlicky story

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/golden-knights-nhl/prep-rivals-nearly-inseparable-at-golden-knights-development-camp-1696060/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Corson Ceulemens to attend Hockey Canada World U-17 Camp

https://www.brooksbandits.ca/media-centre/amp/article.html?rYear=2019&nID=15630&rYear=2019&nID=15630&__twitter_impression=true

Caufield is sniping at Habs Development Camp first scrimmage

https://awinninghabit.com/2019/06/26/montreal-canadiens-ryan-poehling-cole-caufield-development-camp-scrimmage-game/
        Last edited by DPlaya; 06-27-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I "went around the system" so you didn't have to subscribe, then I copied and pasted for your reading pleasure!

By David Schoen Las Vegas Review-Journal
          June 26, 2019 - 6:08 pm

Ryder Donovan and Michael Vorlicky have been nearly inseparable this week at Golden Knights development camp. But that wasn’t always the case.

The University of Wisconsin recruits were bitter rivals in high school in Minnesota and almost came to blows after a high-profile incident last fall before working out their differences and becoming close friends. “For a while there, we were kind of at each other’s throats,” Vorlicky said Wednesday at City National Arena.

Donovan, a fourth-round pick by the Knights in this year’s draft, was a forward for northern powerhouse Duluth East High School, while Vorlicky, who went undrafted, excelled on defense at storied Edina High near the Twin Cities.

During a September matchup in the Upper Midwest Elite League before their prep seasons, Donovan and Vorlicky were battling in front of the net when chaos ensued. “I just ran him,” Donovan said with a laugh. “He tried breaking my wrist, just chopped me. We go in the box, and I try to joke with him and he’s furious, he’s chirping me.”

And what about Vorlicky’s version of the story?

“I was standing in front of the net and he kind of cheap-shotted me,” he said. “The play was still going on, but I got up and just went to look for him, and I gave him a pretty good whack across the wrists. I ended up getting kicked out of that game, actually, so it just kind of went downhill from there.”

Not long after the incident, Vorlicky reached out to Donovan to squash their feud. Vorlicky committed to Wisconsin in January, and Donovan chose the Badgers in February after de-committing from North Dakota.

They roomed together on campus this summer in Madison and were together in the locker room at Wisconsin when Donovan was selected by the Knights on Saturday with the No. 110 overall pick.

“It was good to go through that because now it makes us kind of closer,” Vorlicky said. “I talked to him when he was going through his committing process, and we talked about the situation and kind of laughed it off, which was awesome.”
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            Caufield is sniping at Habs Development Camp first scrimmage

https://awinninghabit.com/2019/06/26...crimmage-game/
            So excited for this fall......
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              I "went around the system" so you didn't have to subscribe, then I copied and pasted for your reading pleasure!

By David Schoen Las Vegas Review-Journal
              June 26, 2019 - 6:08 pm

Ryder Donovan and Michael Vorlicky have been nearly inseparable this week at Golden Knights development camp. But that wasn’t always the case.

The University of Wisconsin recruits were bitter rivals in high school in Minnesota and almost came to blows after a high-profile incident last fall before working out their differences and becoming close friends. “For a while there, we were kind of at each other’s throats,” Vorlicky said Wednesday at City National Arena.

Donovan, a fourth-round pick by the Knights in this year’s draft, was a forward for northern powerhouse Duluth East High School, while Vorlicky, who went undrafted, excelled on defense at storied Edina High near the Twin Cities.

During a September matchup in the Upper Midwest Elite League before their prep seasons, Donovan and Vorlicky were battling in front of the net when chaos ensued. “I just ran him,” Donovan said with a laugh. “He tried breaking my wrist, just chopped me. We go in the box, and I try to joke with him and he’s furious, he’s chirping me.”

And what about Vorlicky’s version of the story?

“I was standing in front of the net and he kind of cheap-shotted me,” he said. “The play was still going on, but I got up and just went to look for him, and I gave him a pretty good whack across the wrists. I ended up getting kicked out of that game, actually, so it just kind of went downhill from there.”

Not long after the incident, Vorlicky reached out to Donovan to squash their feud. Vorlicky committed to Wisconsin in January, and Donovan chose the Badgers in February after de-committing from North Dakota.

They roomed together on campus this summer in Madison and were together in the locker room at Wisconsin when Donovan was selected by the Knights on Saturday with the No. 110 overall pick.

“It was good to go through that because now it makes us kind of closer,” Vorlicky said. “I talked to him when he was going through his committing process, and we talked about the situation and kind of laughed it off, which was awesome.”
              careful, board mods have taken issue with people copy/pasting too much of a story, especially if there is a paywall in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                This video seems to show LA fine with Turcotte at Wisconsin and Montreal OK with it. Some decent insight on players from scouts and front office staff as well.

https://***********/BadgerMHockey/status/1143627050168868865?s=19
                Good recruiting video. All these NHL guys know Tony so he should show this to every recruit. I'm jacked. Probably gonna have to buy tickets to see the first home game now.

Comment

Potential disaster?? Brian Posick mentioned this on the radio earlier today:

Last edited by WiscTJK; 06-28-2019, 08:30 AM.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

He's coming. I can't imagine that one week of playing with other prospects is going to change the outlook on things.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Exactly what i’m Worried about. These kids need their heads examined if they think it’s a good idea to jump in at 18.

They should talk with Heatley, Rafalski, McDonagh, Stephan, Turris (he should have played 3 years in Madison), Kunin (should have played 3 years) and on and on.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Absolutely, that's why I'm always worried when I open this thread. With the great talent that has bailed in the past, when I "click" I wonder who's bailing or quitting NOW.
                          I would be VERY disappointed in him (and his family) if he were to go the pro route at this stage.

I couldn't ****ing believe it when Brian reported that this morning.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Goal is coming back to WI to train for the summer, assuming with UW.

Comment

• Caufield interview regarding where he will play next year. Realistically, what else would you say to the media covering your future employer???

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/scrum-cole-caufield/t-277437414/c-68586503

He says ultimately it is his decision and he is already taking summer school courses.

The Montreal beat writer's article today is titled, "Wisconsin appears to be next stop for Canadiens prospect Caufield".

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/wisconsin-appears-to-be-next-stop-for-canadiens-prospect-caufield/amp?__twitter_impression=true
                              Last edited by DPlaya; 06-28-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                                Caufield interview regarding where he will play next year. Realistically, what else would you say to the media covering your future employer???

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/...414/c-68586503

He says ultimately it is his decision and he is already taking summer school courses.

The Montreal beat writer's article today is titled, "Wisconsin appears to be next stop for Canadiens prospect Caufield".

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...mpression=true
                                I read somewhere he was taking summer school classes. It's a lock once he immerses himself into the program and bonds with the lads.

Comment

Working...
                                X