X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    Shay Donovan just committed to UW per his Twitter. I assume he is the other defenseman for next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...0/shay-donovan
    Thanks for the info. I've added him to the sheet for '19-'20.

Adding a 20 year old defenseman can only help next year.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Todd Milewski just confirmed it is for next year. He is Ryder Donovan's older brother.

Shay Donovan just committed to UW per his Twitter. I assume he is the other defenseman for next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/361830/shay-donovan

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        The talking heads over at NHL.com have their draft predictions up:

Adam Kimelman
        Buffalo picks Caufield at 7
        Philly picks Turcotte at 11

Mike Morreale
        Detroit picks Turcotte at 6

Guillaume Lepage
        Detroit picks Turcotte at 6

LINK
        This is what scares me and why I call them one and dones. I really hope i’m wrong but the last few highly regarded players UW had like Frederic, Kunin and Turriscall left way too early.

McDonagh was smart as was Geoffrion. Stepan proved me wrong.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Having Badgers playing for the Rangers makes me want to throw up in my mouth.
          Come on! D Steph, B Smith, McD, Ritcher!!!, Driver just to name a few that popped right into my noggin. I was always the Rangers when I played Blades of Steel.

I LOVE getting a 20 yr old D as insurance, the kind of guy that can make a simple play and who is a mature force in the locker room.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Come on! D Steph, B Smith, McD, Ritcher!!!, Driver just to name a few that popped right into my noggin. I was always the Rangers when I played Blades of Steel.

I LOVE getting a 20 yr old D as insurance, the kind of guy that can make a simple play and who is a mature force in the locker room.
            Love the Badgers, hate the Rangers. Have to dislike them the second they get on the team. Such a sad state of affairs.

Comment

Love the Badgers, hate the Rangers. Have to dislike them the second they get on the team. Such a sad state of affairs.
              That makes me ache inside. So it's ok to hate Suter for being on the Wild? I just pretend he doesn't exist.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                That makes me ache inside. So it's ok to hate Suter for being on the Wild? I just pretend he doesn't exist.
                Of course not.

There is nothing wrong with playing for the Wild.

Comment

Actually, for those of you Philistines that hate the Wild, you should love Suter being there.

His contract, along with Parise’s, has completely shuttered the Wild’s ability to be anything but middling.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

You guys are weird. The only thing I care about the NHL is supporting the Gophers out there. I don't like the Wild because their two highest paid players right now are a Whioux and a badger. Winnipeg has a Gopher captain, so right now I'm all Winnipeg and Pittsburgh (Phil the Thrill + Bjugstad - Schultz)

Comment

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...0/shay-donovan
                      Back to the "recruiting" thread. I would guess that means Lamaster is moving to 2020 after being injured this year. I like the older defenseman, but he really hasn't shown any offensive skill in juniors. Hopefully he is a super solid lock down defenseman.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        Back to the "recruiting" thread. I would guess that means Lamaster is moving to 2020 after being injured this year. I like the older defenseman, but he really hasn't shown any offensive skill in juniors. Hopefully he is a super solid lock down defenseman.
                        Plus, it’s not like the NAHL is on par with the USHL.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Neutral Zone tweeted this about him....

Shay Donovan to Wisconsin. Mostly stay at home D who shuts down the rush and closes gaps quickly at 6'3". Adds stability in the back, makes a firm fist pass & trusts his feet. Gets shots off quickly. Still a bit raw but athletic w/upside as a 1998.
                          👤https://t.co/WtkC1y7kyE https://t.co/2aCjtxnF0g

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            Curious about the Lamaster change as well. Haven't seen that he's moving back a year, but it would probably make sense.

Comment

This. Was so happy when McD was traded to the Lightning.

Comment

Recruiting young isn't just restricted to hockey it seems.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...me-top-story-1

Comment

Working...
                                X