X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
    No worries. Wisconsin has 39 players listed as 2020/21. Thirty Nine.
    To be fair, there are maybe 5 guys on the spreadsheet who really aren't coming to UW this year and I was talking about goalies, of which there will be 3, a reasonable number. UW will have 2-4 early departures after this year, so 39 will be 30ish.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
      Wisconsin’s second team will beat your first team! 🤣🤣🤣
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Do you think TG has forgotten that we don’t have a JV team anymore?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
          Jealousy is a wasted emotion.
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 07-29-2019, 10:48 AM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            I don't SEE a helluva lot of excitement.

From Madison.com......
            "Cameron Rowe, who was released from his National Letter of Intent with North Dakota earlier this month, has made an oral commitment to the Badgers".

This "get" doesn't excite me at all. I was holding out an opinion on Grannon, but it appears he's nothing special either. I think these guys are committing because there aren't really any blue-chipper 'tendies lining up to come to UW any more, so they have a chance to play.

Maybe Osiecki can scour the landscape of Ontario and Québec for a tough-*** Canadian goalie when he's up there Musky fishing.
            To be fair, Rowe was the fourth ranked goaltender by NHL Scouting but was not selected. I'm encouraged he's headed to play for Peter Mannino, former DU 'tender. There is definite upside potential and as he indicates in the updated Milewski article he hopes to find consistency with more playing time this season.

Maybe it will be like Jim Craig (The movie Miracle)....when Craig Patrick tells Herb Brooks his game has been off and Herb asks him if he's ever seen him when his game is on? Maybe TG just needs to get him a 50-page psych evaluation and **** him off.
            Last edited by DPlaya; 07-29-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Sam Stevens has committed to play for Boston University. There is one forward commitment off the board for UW.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                Sam Stevens has committed to play for Boston University. There is one forward commitment off the board for UW.
                Spreadsheet has been updated.

Edit: I have also moved Liam Malmquist to '20 - '21.
                Last edited by gwhinwi; 07-29-2019, 08:40 PM.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Of the three unsigned recruits still listed for this year on GEH’s sheet, I only see de St. Phalle coming here, since he’s piled up a fair number of points in the USHL. (56 points in 71 games last year)

Bohlin is an instate kid, so maybe he walks on, but 8 points in 50 USHL games last year isn’t going to get him to the front of the logjam. Almquist didn’t set the USHL alight either, although he did get about a point a game in the NAHL.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Spreadsheet has been updated.

Edit: I have also moved Liam Malmquist to '20 - '21.
                    The kid is 131 pounds. He needs at least a year with the caps before getting to the Badgers.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Of the three unsigned recruits still listed for this year on GEH’s sheet, I only see de St. Phalle coming here, since he’s piled up a fair number of points in the USHL. (56 points in 71 games last year)

Bohlin is an instate kid, so maybe he walks on, but 8 points in 50 USHL games last year isn’t going to get him to the front of the logjam. Almquist didn’t set the USHL alight either, although he did get about a point a game in the NAHL.
                      All three are 19 year olds. If they arrive, assuming that would be next year, they would be 20 years old.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        All three are 19 year olds. If they arrive, assuming that would be next year, they would be 20 years old.
                        Which isn’t really an issue.

Although … now I’m curious how well players do when they arrive that late compared to 18-19 year olds.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          The kid is 131 pounds. He needs at least a year with the caps before getting to the Badgers.
                          He is playing in the BCHL this season I believe. My gut says the staff figures they would be replacing goal scoring next season and he will be here.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            He is playing in the BCHL this season I believe. My gut says the staff figures they would be replacing goal scoring next season and he will be here.
                            He was drafted by Madison, but didn't know he is headed to O'Canada....

Comment

Holloway is projected in the all too early but never wrong NHL draft @ #8 oal.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Holloway is projected in the all too early but never wrong NHL draft @ #8 oal.
                                Wow. He may be a one and done as well.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X