Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Once again flohockey is screwing up. I am trying to watch the UA_ game, but it isn't being aired. WCHA TV customer service always replied within 5 minutes to a customer support issue … with flo we are lucky to get a reply the next day.

Update: Got the game finally, after half of the first period was played.
    Last edited by Suze; 12-08-2018, 10:59 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Two steps forward, two steps back. Seems to be the story of our season.

Did Grigals get hurt or shoot his mouth off or something? He’s easily been our best goalie and he didn’t dress last night. Seems a bit odd. I feel bad for Anton Martinsson. It seems like his confidence is totally shot.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Two steps forward, two steps back. Seems to be the story of our season.

Did Grigals get hurt or shoot his mouth off or something? He’s easily been our best goalie and he didn’t dress last night. Seems a bit odd. I feel bad for Anton Martinsson. It seems like his confidence is totally shot.
        Grigals was ill, so he did not mouth off unlike a few other boneheads on the team.
        Four 10 minute misconducts for mouthing off in the last two weeks. And if my memory serves me, I don’t believe the refs changed any of their calls based on those discussions.
        ...and I think we took four steps back this weekend.

Comment

WCHA office confirmed transmission issues with FLO TV and Alaska Nanooks vs Lake State games from Carlson Center. The archived Friday game stops with a little over two minutes left in the second period. Saturday's rebroadcast is nowhere to be found...all it is says is overview...

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            Grigals was ill, so he did not mouth off unlike a few other boneheads on the team.
            Four 10 minute misconducts for mouthing off in the last two weeks. And if my memory serves me, I don’t believe the refs changed any of their calls based on those discussions.
            ...and I think we took four steps back this weekend.
            At least you didn't take so many steps back that you fell off the cliff …
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Bumpity bump.

Excited to get to the second half of the season!

GO NOOKS!

Comment

A lackluster start to 2019 that was eerily reminiscent of the first game against ASU.

Hoping for something better tonight.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Another near heartbreaker and yet a quick recovery to break the five game losing streak! Great weekend in net from Martinsson, we just need to find some scoring to give us a chance, including find a way to score now and then on a powerplay! Cutting down on the penalties definitely goes a long way in helping our defense, now if our opponents would stop taking penalties so we can play more 5x5.

Comment

Nanooks win!! Great goaltending again from Martinsson and winning the special teams battle in a big way! Hoping the Boys come out fired up tomorrow and earn some more points!

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                      Nanooks win!! Great goaltending again from Martinsson and winning the special teams battle in a big way! Hoping the Boys come out fired up tomorrow and earn some more points!
                      I watched most of the game, and the Nanooks looked really good. Congrats!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Great weekend of hockey, splitting with ninth ranked Bowling Green. Defense stepped it up against a good offense, with Martinsson and Dop in a goaltending duel. Though we only scored two non empty net goals, I thought the offense looked good with some great saves keeping the score down. Hoping for some points at Huntsville this week! Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                          Great weekend of hockey, splitting with ninth ranked Bowling Green. Defense stepped it up against a good offense, with Martinsson and Dop in a goaltending duel. Though we only scored two non empty net goals, I thought the offense looked good with some great saves keeping the score down. Hoping for some points at Huntsville this week! Go Nooks!
                          The team is finally coming together and playing well. They just can't find a way to score. They had BG on their heels a fair bit Saturday night, but just couldn't bury it. Martinsson played out of his mind and kept the 'Nooks in it through the Falcon's surge and the penalty trouble they got into in the second and early third periods. They went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the conference, let alone the NCAA. Having won handedly Friday, and with their chances to win Saturday, this series should prove to the team that with consistent effort top to bottom, they can earn some wins.

This Huntsville series is huge -- both teams are tied with 20 points and can really make the difference down the stretch. The Nanooks split with the Chargers in Fairbanks, however Alaska dominated the game in every aspect excluding the score on Friday. If they can be persistent offensively, they should have success this next weekend before getting a much needed week off.
                          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Chris Jandric did not make the trip to Huntsville. Losing him for this long is huge. Granted we've been OK, but his loss is certainly a blow to the power play.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                              Chris Jandric did not make the trip to Huntsville. Losing him for this long is huge. Granted we've been OK, but his loss is certainly a blow to the power play.
                              How long will he be out?

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                How long will he be out?
                                Largen indicated in last week's luncheon that he thought Chris was close. With a bye week right after Huntsville, I imagine an extra couple of weeks is probably just precautionary but I've not heard. Chris' return for GovCup would be huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X