Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 175

Thread: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

  1. #121
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,715

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Once again flohockey is screwing up. I am trying to watch the UA_ game, but it isn't being aired. WCHA TV customer service always replied within 5 minutes to a customer support issue … with flo we are lucky to get a reply the next day.

    Update: Got the game finally, after half of the first period was played.
    Last edited by Suze; 12-08-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Two steps forward, two steps back. Seems to be the story of our season.

    Did Grigals get hurt or shoot his mouth off or something? Heís easily been our best goalie and he didnít dress last night. Seems a bit odd. I feel bad for Anton Martinsson. It seems like his confidence is totally shot.

  3. #123
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,669

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Two steps forward, two steps back. Seems to be the story of our season.

    Did Grigals get hurt or shoot his mouth off or something? Heís easily been our best goalie and he didnít dress last night. Seems a bit odd. I feel bad for Anton Martinsson. It seems like his confidence is totally shot.
    Grigals was ill, so he did not mouth off unlike a few other boneheads on the team.
    Four 10 minute misconducts for mouthing off in the last two weeks. And if my memory serves me, I donít believe the refs changed any of their calls based on those discussions.
    ...and I think we took four steps back this weekend.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    242

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    WCHA office confirmed transmission issues with FLO TV and Alaska Nanooks vs Lake State games from Carlson Center. The archived Friday game stops with a little over two minutes left in the second period. Saturday's rebroadcast is nowhere to be found...all it is says is overview...

  5. #125
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,715

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Grigals was ill, so he did not mouth off unlike a few other boneheads on the team.
    Four 10 minute misconducts for mouthing off in the last two weeks. And if my memory serves me, I donít believe the refs changed any of their calls based on those discussions.
    ...and I think we took four steps back this weekend.
    At least you didn't take so many steps back that you fell off the cliff Ö
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  6. #126
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,030

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Bumpity bump.

    Excited to get to the second half of the season!

    GO NOOKS!

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    A lackluster start to 2019 that was eerily reminiscent of the first game against ASU.

    Hoping for something better tonight.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Another near heartbreaker and yet a quick recovery to break the five game losing streak! Great weekend in net from Martinsson, we just need to find some scoring to give us a chance, including find a way to score now and then on a powerplay! Cutting down on the penalties definitely goes a long way in helping our defense, now if our opponents would stop taking penalties so we can play more 5x5.

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Nanooks win!! Great goaltending again from Martinsson and winning the special teams battle in a big way! Hoping the Boys come out fired up tomorrow and earn some more points!

  10. #130
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,715

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Nanooks win!! Great goaltending again from Martinsson and winning the special teams battle in a big way! Hoping the Boys come out fired up tomorrow and earn some more points!
    I watched most of the game, and the Nanooks looked really good. Congrats!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Great weekend of hockey, splitting with ninth ranked Bowling Green. Defense stepped it up against a good offense, with Martinsson and Dop in a goaltending duel. Though we only scored two non empty net goals, I thought the offense looked good with some great saves keeping the score down. Hoping for some points at Huntsville this week! Go Nooks!

  12. #132
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    332

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Great weekend of hockey, splitting with ninth ranked Bowling Green. Defense stepped it up against a good offense, with Martinsson and Dop in a goaltending duel. Though we only scored two non empty net goals, I thought the offense looked good with some great saves keeping the score down. Hoping for some points at Huntsville this week! Go Nooks!
    The team is finally coming together and playing well. They just can't find a way to score. They had BG on their heels a fair bit Saturday night, but just couldn't bury it. Martinsson played out of his mind and kept the 'Nooks in it through the Falcon's surge and the penalty trouble they got into in the second and early third periods. They went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the conference, let alone the NCAA. Having won handedly Friday, and with their chances to win Saturday, this series should prove to the team that with consistent effort top to bottom, they can earn some wins.

    This Huntsville series is huge -- both teams are tied with 20 points and can really make the difference down the stretch. The Nanooks split with the Chargers in Fairbanks, however Alaska dominated the game in every aspect excluding the score on Friday. If they can be persistent offensively, they should have success this next weekend before getting a much needed week off.
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at https://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

  13. #133
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    332

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Chris Jandric did not make the trip to Huntsville. Losing him for this long is huge. Granted we've been OK, but his loss is certainly a blow to the power play.
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at https://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    Chris Jandric did not make the trip to Huntsville. Losing him for this long is huge. Granted we've been OK, but his loss is certainly a blow to the power play.
    How long will he be out?

  15. #135
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    332

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    How long will he be out?
    Largen indicated in last week's luncheon that he thought Chris was close. With a bye week right after Huntsville, I imagine an extra couple of weeks is probably just precautionary but I've not heard. Chris' return for GovCup would be huge.
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at https://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

  16. #136
    Seeing Other People
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    245

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Once again flohockey is screwing up. I am trying to watch the UA_ game, but it isn't being aired. WCHA TV customer service always replied within 5 minutes to a customer support issue … with flo we are lucky to get a reply the next day.

    Update: Got the game finally, after half of the first period was played.
    I got the same thing from BTN+ for a WMU-UM game. I can usually watch BTN+ games for free but I decided to pay 2 hrs before the game because I was having a UM friend over to watch the game. Of course, for some reason I get locked out of my account and of course BTN basically blows me off until the next afternoon. And then they tell me they won't give me a $15 refund. Well F U, I charged it back.

  17. #137
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    332

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    I don't know who this Joe Yates guy is but this dude has some video skills. Cool highlight reel from the BG win.

    https://youtu.be/6z5dENog6G8

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Defenseman of the week for Tristan Thompson and another goalie honorable mention for Anton. He should get the award for the whole month though, as long as they donít give it to someone just because they had more wins.

  19. #139
    Blogger
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    332

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Defenseman of the week for Tristan Thompson and another goalie honorable mention for Anton. He should get the award for the whole month though, as long as they don’t give it to someone just because they had more wins.
    Anton has won 4 of his 7 starts in January - he didn't start the first game against Northern Michigan, and didn't look particularly good statistically in game 2, although if you watch the highlights of that game, you'll see he didn't stand much of a chance on the goals that were scored. 2 power play goals, and another 5x3 power play goal allowed before the empty netter.

    The game we got blanked on Friday in Bemidji, he did only allow 2 goals on 35 shots which is quite respectable .943 save percentage.

    In January , he's made 202 saves and 11 goals allowed for a .948 save percentage and a 1.59 goals against average over those 7 games.

    Perhaps more impressively, his January improved both goals against average and save percentage tremendously. At the end of 2018, he was 3.78 GAA / .881 SV% to now 2.84 GAA / .909 SV%.

    He's had some tough breaks - there have been games he's looked great and the team tanked in front of him - first game against ASU, both games in Denver, second game in Mankato. The opposite is also true though, the team has looked good early on when Anton struggled (Saturday LSSU game at home). Hopefully the addition of Grigals pushes both of them to really improve. Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't seen Niko DellaMaggiore start at all this season. Obviously you start the guy that gives your team the best chance to win, and Martinsson is dialed in right now so I don't see a change happening anytime soon, but he's shown that he can handle games at this level.

    On another note, over on Twitter, I'm counting down some of my favorite highlights of the Governor's Cup series over the recent years I can find video for. It's not a ranked thing or anything like that, but just a fun way to create some hype for the series coming up. The FaceOff Club is also giving away a pair of reserved seat tickets for both nights as well over on Facebook.
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at https://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

  20. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post

    On another note, over on Twitter, I'm counting down some of my favorite highlights of the Governor's Cup series over the recent years I can find video for. It's not a ranked thing or anything like that, but just a fun way to create some hype for the series coming up. The FaceOff Club is also giving away a pair of reserved seat tickets for both nights as well over on Facebook.
    I always enjoy watching Nanook highlights, especially against the Seawolves! Looking forward to the rest! I may have to make a top five list of memories over on the gov cup thread. Anchorage fans could make a list also, they just may have to go farther back to complete the list. And yes, I know they still have a couple good moments in the last nine years, even without a trophy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •