Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 175

Thread: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

  1. #21
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,669

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    mmf would do it for 1/2...........
    The FCC would shut us down two minutes into the first period against UAA.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Lengthy article in the News Miner about the AD saga hopefully coming to an end. Also a blurb about Largen hiring a second assistant coach.

    https://www.newsminer.com/sports/uaf-...4768d36ad.html
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

    —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Sterling Steward named AD.

  4. #24
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,669

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    While I hope I am proven wrong, I can’t help but feel this is a terrible hire. I went to his public meet and greet and came away shaking my head. Not surprisingly, this hiring processed was a bungled mess. But this decision has been made and it’s too late to change anything. So I wish him the best of luck. But I sure hope the chain of command (such that it is) gets an earful regarding this hire, this process, and other recent hiring debacles. I am less than impressed with our Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.

    It would be hard to come up with a better passive/aggressive approach to shutter UAF athletics within the next few years than what is happening now. IMHO.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    While I hope I am proven wrong, I can’t help but feel this is a terrible hire. I went to his public meet and greet and came away shaking my head. Not surprisingly, this hiring processed was a bungled mess. But this decision has been made and it’s too late to change anything. So I wish him the best of luck. But I sure hope the chain of command (such that it is) gets an earful regarding this hire, this process, and other recent hiring debacles. I am less than impressed with our Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.

    It would be hard to come up with a better passive/aggressive approach to shutter UAF athletics within the next few years than what is happening now. IMHO.
    Looking on the bright side, our tradition of hiring AD’s with the same initials continues.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

    —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    962

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    And just like that...nice hire for Largen.

    https://alaskananooks.com/news/2018/...ant-coach.aspx
    Well, at least someone got a coach from DU.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Well, at least someone got a coach from DU.
    Well, they also have two of our former head coaches there.

  9. #29
    Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    2,030

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Annual blue/gold game is just over a week away! So ready for hockey to start!!

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    228

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Bruce Cech back on the radio call this season via KSUA. https://alaskananooks.com/news/2018/...19-season.aspx

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,778

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Bruce Cech back on the radio call this season via KSUA. https://alaskananooks.com/news/2018/...19-season.aspx
    With UA money ........... he must get a big fat raise.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  12. #32
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,715

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Bruce Cech back on the radio call this season via KSUA. https://alaskananooks.com/news/2018/...19-season.aspx
    Happy for Bruce. I hope UAA gets their games on the radio.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Bruce Cech back on the radio call this season via KSUA. https://alaskananooks.com/news/2018/...19-season.aspx
    Very good news. KSUA makes a lot of sense.

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    On a side note, I hear the WCHA is looking for a rink reporter at the Carlson Center this season.

    I’d like to nominate Alaska Hockey.

  15. #35
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,669

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    On a side note, I hear the WCHA is looking for a rink reporter at the Carlson Center this season.

    I’d like to nominate Alaska Hockey.
    I'd second that except I think he might be disqualified because English is not is native language (not that there is anything wrong with that)...
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,778

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    On a side note, I hear the WCHA is looking for a rink reporter at the Carlson Center this season.

    I’d like to nominate Alaska Hockey.
    That has Ice Angel tatooed all over it.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  17. #37
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,715

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    I'd second that except I think he might be disqualified because English is not HIS native language (not that there is anything wrong with that)...
    Fixed your post. Kinda ironic.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,149

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    First practice was yesterday. Let’s get this party started.

    https://www.newsminer.com/sports/a-ne...c4effdcdb.html
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

    —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

  19. #39
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,669

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    Welcome to the new kids on the block. Enjoy the journey.

    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  20. #40
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,669

    Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

    I still have too much time on my hands, so here is my approximate summary of last year’s conference stats. Approximate lost scoring is just a quick look at what last year’s seniors did. If teams lost other scoring studs then adjust accordingly. Returning goalies is just my best guess.

    I expect UAF to be 9 in the polls. But as a die hard fan, I expect us to finish 7th or maybe 6th if goaltending doesn’t collapse and we improve on special teams. History shows (not just last year) that it is not a coincidence that combined special teams pretty much seals your fate.

    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •