Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

The young me would make snide comments about your goal scoring, the wiser me knows we should not finish with more goals scored than you.

I guess Butcher is going to learn about his appeal mid season?
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      The young me would make snide comments about your goal scoring...
      Granted, we went scoreless at Arizona. The team was not mentally ready for NCAA play after putting up 13 goals on SFU. Since then we have played a couple teams that have been known to give teams a little trouble; SCSU and Denver. We have scored in each and every game, and more importantly, have been competitive in every game. Scoring won’t come easy for us this year, but we’ll see what happens when we get past this string of top ten teams. Coming up is MSU, which may be our toughest test yet. They just got beat and we are on the back side of a two week road trip.

On a positive note, we were 2/5 on the PP last night, which actually looked fairly decent for a change. And we were 5/5 on the PK. We need to stay out of the box against MSU, their PP is deadly.

Comment

Interesting weekend of hockey. We should have won last night, but that’s proof you need to play 60 minutes, not 58. Hopefully that’s a lesson learned.

The silver lining in this otherwise crappy start is they have been getting incrementally better each night out. Hopefully the guys don’t take next weekend off at the end of the two week roadie.

One thing we really need to tighten up is this habit of giving up goals in bunches. That seems to have happened every game this year; regardless if it’s a goal for or against we seem to lose focus for a couple minutes after.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          Granted, we went scoreless at Arizona. The team was not mentally ready for NCAA play after putting up 13 goals on SFU. Since then we have played a couple teams that have been known to give teams a little trouble; SCSU and Denver. We have scored in each and every game, and more importantly, have been competitive in every game. Scoring won’t come easy for us this year, but we’ll see what happens when we get past this string of top ten teams.
          We also had a lead in all four games against SCSU and Denver. Our guys can play; they just need to learn how to put it all together.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Some really lame calls that have turned into 3 power play goals. We aren’t doing much to score, but it should be a lot closer.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
              Some really lame calls that have turned into 3 power play goals. We aren’t doing much to score, but it should be a lot closer.
              Your guys had zero shots in the first and they have 5 shots with 11 minutes left in the 3rd. But it should be a lot closer? Ummm. Ok. If you say so.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

0-4, but it wasn’t that close. Almost to a man they are quicker and definitely more skilled. So the obvious strategy for us, 5x5 or pp, is to try and handle and/or over-pass the puck around in their zone…geez. Someone better let the Nooks know if they get a lane get the puck on net and fight for any rebound or garbage you might find. We played hard 5x5 and gave up very little, but we had zero effort on offense. They had four pp goals but didn’t really have to show off their pp passing skills. We continually let a man beat us down the slot on the entry rush for a weak side goal so they didn’t really have to set up their pp. Regroup and make it a game tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Your guys had zero shots in the first and they have 5 shots with 11 minutes left in the 3rd. But it should be a lot closer? Ummm. Ok. If you say so.
                  Not going to win any games without getting shots, we were outskated all night. By the time we got the puck they had been out there too long and would dump the puck and change. Our penalty kill took a step back from last week for sure. 5 on 5 we played much better defense, just couldn’t get anything going on offense.

Comment

We’ve played three top ten teams in three weeks. That should give some perspective. I just hope these guys stay together because it’ll get easier from here on out.

But tonight had to be some kind of record.

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

0-4, but it wasn’t that close. Almost to a man they are quicker and definitely more skilled. So the obvious strategy for us, 5x5 or pp, is to try and handle and/or over-pass the puck around in their zone…geez. Someone better let the Nooks know if they get a lane get the puck on net and fight for any rebound or garbage you might find. We played hard 5x5 and gave up very little, but we had zero effort on offense. They had four pp goals but didn’t really have to show off their pp passing skills. We continually let a man beat us down the slot on the entry rush for a weak side goal so they didn’t really have to set up their pp. Regroup and make it a game tomorrow.
                      Welcome to Seawolf hockey, for the better part of 25+ years.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Welcome to Seawolf hockey, for the better part of 25+ years.
                        We’ll be OK.
                        Disappointed with our opening series @ ASU, but felt the boys overall have held their own vs SCSU, @Denver and last night @MSU. Three top ten teams and two of those series on the road. 0-6-1 doesn’t look good but doesn’t surprise me at all. We still have a chance for the upset tonight. And then we have the rest of the conference.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Still looking for the first official win of the season. Getting 2 points in a game on the road is good, unless you did it by blowing another lead. If only we played in a league where you win by scoring the first goal of the game. We have scored first in 6 of the 9 games, the other 3 being we didn’t score at all. Looking forward to a good 60 minutes of hockey tomorrow and 3 points!

Comment

3-1 LSSU after two tonight.
                            LSSU has 3 pp goals.
                            Compare the Laker pk and pp to our pk and pp.

We play the same crap pk we have been playing for years. We pack everybody inside the dots and let teams either work any set play they want, or sit back and act like sitting ducks. We do not pressure the puck and make everybody look good. I guess we we have no confidence in our goalie, or we admit that every team is higher skilled than we are.

The Lakers (and almost every other team) pressures the puck right out to the boards and forces bad or rushed passed. Our pp could hardly set up because every team we play pressures the puck. This is on the coaches imho.

Comment

We pack everybody inside the dots and let teams either work any set play they want, or sit back and act like sitting ducks. We do not pressure the puck and make everybody look good. I guess we we have no confidence in our goalie, or we admit that every team is higher skilled than we are.

The Lakers (and almost every other team) pressures the puck right out to the boards and forces bad or rushed passed. Our pp could hardly set up because every team we play pressures the puck. This is on the coaches imho.
                              What I have seen for the better part of 25+ seasons for the Seawolves.

Comment

Nanooks win 4-3
                                The boys kept out of the box in the third and scored 3 unanswered goals.
                                They flipped the switch in the third and took it to the Lakers most of the period.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Working...
                                X