Clear All

Originally posted by alaska hockey View Post
    overrated........... Lucky you....
    uaa 5
    sfu 1

uaf 13
    sfu 1

uaf > uaa
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      uaa 5
      sfu 1

uaf 13
      sfu 1

uaf > uaa
      *only offense is better
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        *only offense is better
        I like our chances anytime we score 13 goals in one game. Sadly I don’t think that will happen nearly as often once the regular season starts.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

I like our chances anytime we score 13 goals in one game. Sadly I don’t think that will happen nearly as often once the regular season starts.
          Congrats, it was against a scrub BCIHL team. DII and maybe DIII material.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Congrats, it was against a scrub BCIHL team. DII and maybe DIII material.
            On the plus side, if the GNAC ever sponsors hockey SFU will have a leg up.

Comment

USCHO mixed us up with UAA in their WCHA preview. Can’t wait to see the coverage for the rest of the season.

Comment

USCHO mixed us up with UAA in their WCHA preview. Can’t wait to see the coverage for the rest of the season.
                They also said Largen is the youngest coach in D1 but Carle from Denver is.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                  They also said Largen is the youngest coach in D1 but Carle from Denver is.
                  It’s been corrected.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Article also has Ryker Leer with 20 points last year when he had 9. I guess it is just easier to say the recently named captains are the key returners rather than actually research.

Comment

Not how you want to start a season.

But, we rebounded nicely in the second and third periods. Just need to capitalize.

Win today.

Comment

ASUs two quick goals after the Nooks killed the 5x3 put them back on their heels. Never got it going again in the 1st. They played OK in 2nd and 3rd. Overall, too many “passes without purpose.” Didn’t put enough pucks on net. Young D looked tentative at times. Hope for a better showing/outcome today.

Go Nooks

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                            There is much to work on.

Comment

USCHO mixed us up with UAA in their WCHA preview.
                              No........... they called it.
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I took a look at where this year’s roster played juniors and came up with this list:

NAHL: 10
                                BCHL: 9
                                AJHL: 5
                                USHL: 3
                                OJHL: 1

A few observations...

1. We aren’t as reliant on the Alberta league as we have been in years past. Considering Parayko and Kunyk, among others, came out of there I’m not sure it’s entirely a good thing, but I think it shows a bit of a shift now that we are two seasons removed from Dallas Ferguson, who heavily recruited Alberta.

2. NAHL and BCHL are our bread and butter right now.

3. We have a few players from the USHL. This is a good sign, IMO. A couple seasons ago we didn’t carry any USHL guys on the roster. USHL has become the main pipeline for NCAA talent so its good to see even a few players come up from that part of the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X