Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Any Alaska fans coming to NMU for the playoffs?
    Already had other travel plans. If we get past NMU, the trip home will be diverted.
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
      Anton received the NCAA third star of the week for his performance against UAA.

Awesome!
      National Third star but not conference goalie of the week? Tolvanen did have more saves Friday than Martinsson had all weekend, but still Marty was sharp both nights with better numbers. Only the weird deflection off Renwick got by him.
      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
        National Third star but not conference goalie of the week? Tolvanen did have more saves Friday than Martinsson had all weekend, but still Marty was sharp both nights with better numbers. Only the weird deflection off Renwick got by him.
        Interestingly, the same thing happened a few weeks ago when Jurusik shut out UAA both nights and got the national honor but not the WCHA nod. Maybe the conference discounts good goalie numbers against UAA

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          Interestingly, the same thing happened a few weeks ago when Jurusik shut out UAA both nights and got the national honor but not the WCHA nod. Maybe the conference discounts good goalie numbers against UAA
          You mean when UAA played in Fairbanks? Ummm - UAA beat UAF 4-1 on Friday. They didn't get shut out on Saturday either, so not sure what you are referring to. Of the 4 games between the two schools, UAF only shut out UAA once.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
            You mean when UAA played in Fairbanks? Ummm - UAA beat UAF 4-1 on Friday. They didn't get shut out on Saturday either, so not sure what you are referring to. Of the 4 games between the two schools, UAF only shut out UAA once.
            Referring to when Tech’s Jurusik shut out UAA twice (end of Jan or early Feb, maybe, Sat. Game went to a shootout) got national goaltender of the week, and didn’t get the WCHA honor

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              Referring to when Tech’s Jurusik shut out UAA twice (end of Jan or early Feb, maybe, Sat. Game went to a shootout) got national goaltender of the week, and didn’t get the WCHA honor
              Oh yeah, sorry I misread your post. Who knows what these guys are thinking? It's not always fair, I agree!
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Thank you Nanooks. With all the uncertainty, every year feels like it could possibly be our last and this team and staff work hard to produce amazing young men no matter the problems they face. Some of these guys will stay in town and some go on to new adventures and every year I’m just so thankful for this program. Win or lose, I am so very proud of this team.

I do remain optimistic though for the future and I can’t wait until next season!

Comment

Thanks to the UAF Coaches & staff. Terrific people to work with! And thank you to the fans & people of Fairbanks! It’s always a pleasure to visit! Looking forward to the trip up there next year! You’re team took a nice step forward this year.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Well...****. Two goal leads each night and couldn’t hang on. Them’s the breaks.

I do think this team was better than their record indicated, and definitely better than last year’s team. That 0-7-1 start was just a killer..win even a couple of those non-conference games and we are singing a bit different tune.

If you look at how the WCHA shook out this year, we had success against Mankato and BG, but once again couldn’t get that Upper Peninsula monkey off our backs between Northern and Tech.

Having some stability in the coaching staff will be huge, assuming we can hang on to our assistants. Let the political chips fall where they may.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Well, it’s public now so here it is...moving hockey to the Patty Center is officially under consideration, due mostly to the Dunleavy Debacle.

https://news.uaf.edu/budget-update-march-13/
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Well, it’s public now so here it is...moving hockey to the Patty Center is officially under consideration, due mostly to the Dunleavy Debacle.

https://news.uaf.edu/budget-update-march-13/
                        I wonder if UAA would be now considering the same at the WFSC. Or, consider adding Ice to the AAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          I wonder if UAA would be now considering the same at the WFSC. Or, consider adding Ice to the AAC.
                          WFSC is the only option if they do move, as they have a nice locker room on campus and a crap one for visitors unlike the UA_ pouring millions of dollars of upgrades into a rental building instead of their own.......
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                            Anyone know what the seating capacity of the Farg is?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Anyone know what the seating capacity of the Farg is?
                              WFSC 750
                              1,300-seat Patty Ice Arena
                              What size is the ice in each one?
                              Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-15-2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                WFSC 750
                                1,300-seat Patty Ice Arena
                                What size is the ice in each one?
                                The ice in the Farg is NHL size. I discussed this with people in the UAA athletic department years ago, and they said the Farg could not be expanded and that it would not work to play hockey there. I think a move like this would absolutely kill recruiting.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X