• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    WFSC 750
    1,300-seat Patty Ice Arena
    What size is the ice in each one?
    I believe Patty is NHL size as well. This move nearly happened a few years ago, and IMO probably should have.

The long-term goal has been to remodel and expand the Patty Center into a facility that seats around 3000 for hockey and get out of the Carlson Center. The most likely scenario, especially in this environment, is using a
    public-private partnership. This is how the Wood Center was renovated and expanded a few years ago. But it’ll be a while before anything comes to fruition.

If they rip out the bleachers and put in actual seats, like they did on the basketball/volleyball side of the Patty a few years ago, and upgrade the sound, scoreboard, and a few other things it wouldn’t be a bad solution. It would be something similar to Ferris State’s setup with the low ceiling.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2018-2019

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      The ice in the Farg is NHL size. I discussed this with people in the UAA athletic department years ago, and they said the Farg could not be expanded and that it would not work to play hockey there. I think a move like this would absolutely kill recruiting.
      UAA Hockey is not a cat.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        The ice in the Farg is NHL size. I discussed this with people in the UAA athletic department years ago, and they said the Farg could not be expanded and that it would not work to play hockey there. I think a move like this would absolutely kill recruiting.
        I agree it would be extremely difficult to recruit too. Even 10s of millions $ wouldn't bring it up to par.
        Never been in the Patty Center so have no idea what it's like but I'm hoping with several million $ they could bring it up to something they could recruit too.
        Don't like to be in bed with UA_ but darn it like it or not we're in this thing together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Dunleavy already did that, just as they were starting to recover from the last time their necks were in the hangman’s noose.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Dunleavy already did that, just as they were starting to recover from the last time their necks were in the hangman’s noose.
            In addition to Dunleavy trying to send Alaska back to the territorial days, the other issue is the ice plant at the Carlson is dying a slow death.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              In addition to Dunleavy trying to send Alaska back to the territorial days, the other issue is the ice plant at the Carlson is dying a slow death.
              Is that the original ice plant from 1990?
              "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                Is that the original ice plant from 1990?
                Old school fix....... Beluga style . open back rollup........
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Former Ice Dog Logan Coomes is grad transferring from Merrimack to UAF. He’ll be eligible next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    Former Ice Dog Logan Coomes is grad transferring from Merrimack to UAF. He’ll be eligible next season.
                    Good player. Glad to see he landed on his feet.
                    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Nooks have picked up a commitment from Swedish native Didrik Henbrant. A forward 40 points on the season with NAHL Minot.

Comment

Working...
                      X