Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Interesting game last night, lots of shots but only one goal against a handful of shots, but no goals. The J&W goalies was on his game, but an awful lot of NU's shots seemed to be directed at the logo instead of the corners. Be interesting to see how J&W progresses in the future. Next we get the other new league member.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Exciting game Many shots wide or high I kept waiting for a fluke goal to do NU in Looking forward to this afternoon
      Last edited by Steve Day; 12-01-2018, 10:32 AM.
      Steve Day(NU71)
      Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
        Exciting game Many shots wide or high I kept waiting for a fluke goal to do NU in Looking forward to this afternoon
        Looked like more of the same. Cadets offense sputters no goals in 5.5 periods of play. A real learning year, I think

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Looked like more of the same. Cadets offense sputters no goals in 5.5 periods of play. A real learning year, I think
          Beat the #2 team in the country and your archrival one weekend, score 1 goal against the two last place teams in the conference the next. Tell-tale of a talented, young team.
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Would like to get Flint’s perspective on what he’s hearing and seeing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
              Would like to get Flint’s perspective on what he’s hearing and seeing?
              I think everyone’s been pretty accurate. Uneven team right now, capable of beating - or losing to - anyone. I’m still very confident that the boys will be there in the end. New systems take time. I am hoping, as we get into the second semester, that the lines get set. I think Coach has been experimenting, and that’s probably a good thing. He’s been clear that he’s interested in being the best team possible at the end of the year.

I do wonder if leadership, among the players, is a problem; in terms of getting up for “lesser” opponents. Pure speculation, but sometimes that’s a cause when a team plays up/down to their opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                I think everyone’s been pretty accurate. Uneven team right now, capable of beating - or losing to - anyone. I’m still very confident that the boys will be there in the end. New systems take time. I am hoping, as we get into the second semester, that the lines get set. I think Coach has been experimenting, and that’s probably a good thing. He’s been clear that he’s interested in being the best team possible at the end of the year.

I do wonder if leadership, among the players, is a problem; in terms of getting up for “lesser” opponents. Pure speculation, but sometimes that’s a cause when a team plays up/down to their opponents.
                End of the yr is when it matters most ,kind of like the ranking at the end of the yr is when it counts....

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  End of the yr is when it matters most ,kind of like the ranking at the end of the yr is when it counts....
                  No more rankings. Pairwise is where at.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    No more rankings. Pairwise is where at.

Pairwise is a ranking.

Comment

Great start for the boys. Just what they needed on the road...and in a rink where they’ve struggled before

Comment

6-4-1 at the break.

If told this at the beginning of the season, I think we might've been a little disappointed but not surprised. If told that they'd be 6-4-1 with a win over Adrian and a tie to Endicott, I think we would've been confused.
                        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Today was more of the same in terms of confusing results. The one consistent feature is good defense, but below average offense.

Comment

when norwich has been good they were very good-same thing when not so good--BUT- far more good --very encouraged to see what transpires in the second semester--

Comment

Btw, Mr. & Mrs. Prezde are in Jamaica enjoying their honeymoon.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Btw, Mr. & Mrs. Prezde are in Jamaica enjoying their honeymoon.
                                Don’t encourage him

Comment

Working...
                                X