Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 379

Thread: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Marys, GA
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    3 point weekend on the road is OK, plus they have the tie breakers over both Hobart and Skidmore if it comes down to that.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

  2. #142
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    3 point weekend on the road is OK, plus they have the tie breakers over both Hobart and Skidmore if it comes down to that.
    Definitely a good weekend. 3 points vs. those two is nothing to scoff at. As you mentioned, tiebreakers vs. those two is very helpful. Need a big weekend at home next weekend vs. UMass Boston and Babson otherwise the quarterfinal round could be on the road.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    674

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    A lot of parity in the NEHC this year with the teams bunched up. Obviously, the importance of next weekend needs no statement. However, if they can get a good showing there then the back-end of the schedule presents opportunity. As Suffolk showed us earlier this year, you can't take anyone for granted. However, after next weekend the top teams in the conference will be behind us, and 7 of the last 8 games are against the four teams at the bottom of the standings.
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    A lot of parity in the NEHC this year with the teams bunched up. Obviously, the importance of next weekend needs no statement. However, if they can get a good showing there then the back-end of the schedule presents opportunity. As Suffolk showed us earlier this year, you can't take anyone for granted. However, after next weekend the top teams in the conference will be behind us, and 7 of the last 8 games are against the four teams at the bottom of the standings.
    I think I’ve posted it before, but this team seems to play to the level of competition. They can bring it vs the “top” teams, but seem to struggle to play with the same intensity against lower ranked opponents.

    Therefore, I expect to see a great weekend of hockey!

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,298
    This league right now is as good top to bottom as it has ever been. There are no off nights. The three points this weekend were well earned against really tough opponents pn the road.
    This Norwich team right now is yet another solid
    group oif Cadets... on par with the teams we have seen through the years .. and with players like Chicoine, Ouderkirk and Borduas coming on they are going t get even better. But it is a much tougher league. So will it translate into wins?
    Stay tuned.

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    burlington,vt
    Posts
    148

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    well said puckvoice!!-very interested to see how this team does this upcoming weekend-i would never bet against them ,especially at home-

  7. #147
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    This league right now is as good top to bottom as it has ever been. There are no off nights. The three points this weekend were well earned against really tough opponents pn the road.
    This Norwich team right now is yet another solid
    group oif Cadets... on par with the teams we have seen through the years .. and with players like Chicoine, Ouderkirk and Borduas coming on they are going t get even better. But it is a much tougher league. So will it translate into wins?

    Stay tuned.
    6 teams well above .500 with another than has already beaten two of the teams when they’ve been ranked in the top 15.

    Definitely strongest year for the league since I’ve been here.

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    6 teams well above .500 with another than has already beaten two of the teams when they’ve been ranked in the top 15.

    Definitely strongest year for the league since I’ve been here.
    Prez... how does the league fit in nationally? D-3 is going to Pairwise this year. When do those numbers start to come out?

  9. #149
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Prez... how does the league fit in nationally? D-3 is going to Pairwise this year. When do those numbers start to come out?
    I heard rumors on the pairwise coming out this week. We’ll have to wait and see. I’m sure Chris, Ed and Russell will let us know.

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Bethel Vt.
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Another Hockey Tie Norwich and Endicott This time in Women's Hockey 2-2 at Endicott Monday Jan 14
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    674

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    White jerseys. I feel like I never see the white jerseys!
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    White jerseys. I feel like I never see the white jerseys!
    They’re beautiful

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Couple of ugly early turnovers aside, I REALLY like the way they’re playing so far. Aggressive, great forecheck. Lotta hustle.

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    674

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Couple of ugly early turnovers aside, I REALLY like the way they’re playing so far. Aggressive, great forecheck. Lotta hustle.
    George was right when he said they're playing great from their blue line out, struggling a bit in their zone.

    With that said, that was a beauty of shot by Hall.
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    674

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    I know Krb talks about how much Coach Ellsworth preaches focusing the process, but I think you can really see the fruits of that approach in watching this team. For example, tonight the passing was much cleaner and sharper. A marked improvement over the Endicott game a couple of weeks ago.
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    I know Krb talks about how much Coach Ellsworth preaches focusing the process, but I think you can really see the fruits of that approach in watching this team. For example, tonight the passing was much cleaner and sharper. A marked improvement over the Endicott game a couple of weeks ago.
    If they play like they did tonight, they’re as good as anyone. Excited to watch the continued progress.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Randolph, VT
    Posts
    175

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Haven’t been to as many games as usual this year but that was the cleanest passing I’d seen from this team thus far. Something had been missing from games before but tonight it really looked like a complete unit out there. Definitely room for improvement but thought after the first the play in our own end was better.

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Bethel Vt.
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    If they play like they did tonight, they’re as good as anyone. Excited to watch the continued progress.
    Just back from "THE BERG" Total Team Effort
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Cadets take 2 vs the top teams in the NEHC. Great weekend. Gotta keep on the gas. I think they’re hitting their stride.

    Tom Aubrun was ridiculous this weekend

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Randolph, VT
    Posts
    175

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Aubrun not player of the game?! George what’s going on?

    Haha just have to bust your chops but great weekend all around.

    Blanking the top two teams and a big swing in the standings.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •