Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Great Job Cadets, what an exciting game. I'll be watching next weekend.
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Wouldn't it be very cool to meet the Statesmen in the Finals????? I know... 1 game at a time.

Ok Cadets, on to Genny... and not the Cream Ale!

Comment

Anybody know when we will find out when and where we will play next Friday? I am hoping for a late game since I have to work until 7 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
          Anybody know when we will find out when and where we will play next Friday? I am hoping for a late game since I have to work until 7 PM.
          Probably in Wisconsin and probably the early game since the host will play the late game.
          #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
            Where at about 10:05 pm tonight.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
              The NCAA confirmed Geneseo and Norwich will play at 4 pm Eastern in Stevens Point.
              #OneKnight

Comment

Had to miss the quarterfinals due to work but I'm eagerly looking forward to the highlights.

Krb has said all year that Coach Cam preaches how he wants to be playing the best hockey in March. Now, the four hottest teams in the country will meet in Wisconsin. This team hasn't been the underdog in awhile, so it'll be interesting to see how they respond.
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

UW-Stevens Point ticket office: 715-346-4100
                  Just left a voicemail.
                  Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Looking forward to the potential of playing the Cadets one more time, but the mountain in front of the Statesmen on Friday looks daunting, however we will grind out one more win and see our familiar foes on Saturday..... get your part done Cadets....Go NEHC, Wisconsin is ours!

Comment

So, thanks to the NCAA, if you want to go out to Stevens Point, Wisconsin , it will cost you over $1000 per person in travel costs for airfare , hotel, rental car. At least if they had decided originally to hold it in Wisconsin, you could have purchased lower priced plane tickets in advance. Plus, no disrespect to Stevens Point, but getting there is no "box of chocolates". Let me know if Cadet fans have any good ideas, but this was pretty disrespectful by the NCAA to treat fans like this (IMHO). Really hoping for an NEHC final, but if Hobart has a miracle on ice and beats the Pointers, what would all those Wisconsin fans do with their tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                        So, thanks to the NCAA, if you want to go out to Stevens Point, Wisconsin , it will cost you over $1000 per person in travel costs for airfare , hotel, rental car. At least if they had decided originally to hold it in Wisconsin, you could have purchased lower priced plane tickets in advance. Plus, no disrespect to Stevens Point, but getting there is no "box of chocolates". Let me know if Cadet fans have any good ideas, but this was pretty disrespectful by the NCAA to treat fans like this (IMHO). Really hoping for an NEHC final, but if Hobart has a miracle on ice and beats the Pointers, what would all those Wisconsin fans do with their tickets?
                        Try flying into MSP and driving, it's only like 3.5 hours to SP from there...likely a much cheaper ticket.

r

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                          Wow you can tell Hobart sucked in the 80s and 90s...

While I agree the predetermined sites make it "easier" to plan, let's be honest...if it was predetermined to be in oh say Wisconsin I highly doubt you were buying your plane/hotels/rental before Saturday night. It would still be the same. It's a 13 hour drive to UWSP from Geneva, it's not like it's in California. We did this for YEARS. Best part is, the game is now all over the internet for you to see. You didnt have that option in the old days. You got your butt in a car with 4 other friends and drove.

#sorrynosympathy
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

It's a 13 hour drive to UWSP from Geneva, it's not like it's in California.

+1
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              Wow you can tell Hobart sucked in the 80s and 90s...

While I agree the predetermined sites make it "easier" to plan, let's be honest...if it was predetermined to be in oh say Wisconsin I highly doubt you were buying your plane/hotels/rental before Saturday night. It would still be the same. It's a 13 hour drive to UWSP from Geneva, it's not like it's in California. We did this for YEARS. Best part is, the game is now all over the internet for you to see. You didnt have that option in the old days. You got your butt in a car with 4 other friends and drove.

#sorrynosympathy
                              OK, OK...I am shamed... I JUST found my butt, a car and 3 friends(this was even harder than finding my butt) and will start driving on Thursday night.......got to see it live, I heard you can't believe everything on the internet

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                                OK, OK...I am shamed... I JUST found my butt, a car and 3 friends(this was even harder than finding my butt) and will start driving on Thursday night.......got to see it live, I heard you can't believe everything on the internet
                                You wont be disappointed. UWSP is a great place to watch hockey. Home crowd atmosphere. Cant wait.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X