Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

DD -- Will the new arrangement with Blueframe Tech for athletic event streaming apply to hockey as well? Will there be a charge associated? Will there be a roku/appletv app?

thx!
    r

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Quote Originally Posted by cetihcra View Post
    DD -- Will the new arrangement with Blueframe Tech for athletic event streaming apply to hockey as well? Will there be a charge associated? Will there be a roku/appletv app?

thx!
    r
    Yes. all home Norwich athletic contests will be streamed through Blueframe Tech. No charge associated for live viewing. Not sure on roku/apple TV yet. Will keep you posted.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Yes. all home Norwich athletic contests will be streamed through Blueframe Tech. No charge associated for live viewing. Not sure on roku/apple TV yet. Will keep you posted.
    Will the audio still be the DEV audio? I'm sure we will get a link for reaching the content when appropriate.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

I second the question about Roku. Having been let down by ESPN+ (what the hell is the point of a streaming app if I need a cable subscription in order to use it?), I would be really pleased to be able to stream NU football and hockey games this season on my big screen (without plugging in my laptop and going through all of that).
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    I second the question about Roku. Having been let down by ESPN+ (what the hell is the point of a streaming app if I need a cable subscription in order to use it?), I would be really pleased to be able to stream NU football and hockey games this season on my big screen (without plugging in my laptop and going through all of that).
    Two words...

Players Klub

$8 a month and you'll never need or want cable again...

I dumped cable tv but picked up YouTube tv for my tv. I receive 77 channels including local channels. I pay 49.99 per month versus 122.00 a month I used to pay for cable. Because ESPN is on YouTube tv I can stream the app free as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    I dumped cable tv but picked up YouTube tv for my tv. I receive 77 channels including local channels. I pay 49.99 per month versus 122.00 a month I used to pay for cable. Because ESPN is on YouTube tv I can stream the app free as well.

Again, I will say it again... PLAYERS KLUB!

370 US Stations...ALL ESPN, ESPN+, NHL Center Ice, all AHL Games, all Canadian Sports shows...plus all your regular Fox, NBC, NBCSN, NESN (yes that one). ...Showtime Starz, HBO, PayPerView...

$8 a month (just need internet and a firestick)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

370 US Stations...ALL ESPN, ESPN+, NHL Center Ice, all AHL Games, all Canadian Sports shows...plus all your regular Fox, NBC, NBCSN, NESN (yes that one). ...Showtime Starz, HBO, PayPerView...

I need to have local channels because my locatio won t work with an Antenna. I also like other channels besides sports.

I need to have local channels because my locatio won t work with an Antenna. I also like other channels besides sports.
    Name one station ...I bet I have it...and it does have some local stations...

Name one station ...I bet I have it...and it does have some local stations...
    WPTZ(NBC), WVNY(ABC), WCAX(CBS) WFFF(FOX) ION, CW, LAFF, I get 77 channels, unlimited DVR, Can take a ROKU anywhere there is internet and get my channels. I have 98 movies in my DVR library right now. All free.

WPTZ(NBC), WVNY(ABC), WCAX(CBS) WFFF(FOX) ION, CW, LAFF, I get 77 channels, unlimited DVR, Can take a ROKU anywhere there is internet and get my channels. I have 98 movies in my DVR library right now. All free.
    77...yawn...lol jk

77...yawn...lol jk
    Plus also have 65 other apps. Pluto TV. Crackle. TUBI. Fox Sports. ESPN. Food. Are just a few.

Plus a VPN?

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Plus a VPN?

Dont be skeered...streaming is NOT illegal...

Plus also have 65 other apps. Pluto TV. Crackle. TUBI. Fox Sports. ESPN. Food. Are just a few.
    Switching from app to app...fun.... lol for 5 times the same price with 1/4 the stations...you also need a cable subscription to get ESPN and half of the other apps...no thanks...cable companies have taken enough of my money over the years...

Colorado Cadets Fan

Switching from app to app...fun.... lol for 5 times the same price with 1/4 the stations...you also need a cable subscription to get ESPN and half of the other apps...no thanks...cable companies have taken enough of my money over the years...
    Be careful about those kinds of streams - their legality is questionable. They are retransmitting copyrighted material without permission. It is not known if consumers are at risk or not
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Yeah, ended up getting Sling TV. So I pay $50 for internet and $25 for a smaller TV package. Only downside was I had to choose between ESPN/ESPN2/EPSN3 and FS1/FS2/NBCSN. For college football, which was the primary driver, ESPN is the better package, but the FS1 package included more channels that the wife liked. At least now I'm set for NHL too with NBCSN. And with my Blues defending the Cup I assume they'll be on plenty.

I could've gotten a combined package of all the channels for $40, but when you factor in the $50 internet service I might as well just get cable if I go that route.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Yeah, ended up getting Sling TV. So I pay $50 for internet and $25 for a smaller TV package. Only downside was I had to choose between ESPN/ESPN2/EPSN3 and FS1/FS2/NBCSN. For college football, which was the primary driver, ESPN is the better package, but the FS1 package included more channels that the wife liked. At least now I'm set for NHL too with NBCSN. And with my Blues defending the Cup I assume they'll be on plenty.

I could've gotten a combined package of all the channels for $40, but when you factor in the $50 internet service I might as well just get cable if I go that route.
    Like I said. Hit me up and I can show you the way. They actually have a college football category now with all the channels (ACC, BIG10, PAC 12, SEC plus all the Fox Sports regionals and ESPNs) even if you want to be a Slinger, for $I more you get unlimited sports...

In the event anyone is interested in quenching their thirst for Norwich athletics until the first puck drop, Ronny Dimasi has begun a docuseries on Cadets football. It’s called “Behind the Shield”. Episode 1 has been released and is available here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x3uz97dSqPc

I have been toying with dumping cable all together, I need the YES channel and I believe only HULU carried YES. On a free trial I found out that they only televise the Yankee games an hour and half after the game is over.
    This PLAYERS CLUB looks interesting, I will look into that

Thread Information