Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
    Couldn't agree more. About ten seconds before Hall's goal, I was thinking "If Hobart kills this penalty too they're going to grab some serious momentum." It was the first (and only) time in the game I was seriously worried. Then came Hall, with about 20 seconds left in the power play. Just awesome!
    As Hall was carrying up ice I'm on the mike talking about the great job Hobart did in shutting out UMB in their own barn and how they were now doing the same thing to NU ... the next thing I saw was the puck hitting the back of the net!

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      As Hall was carrying up ice I'm on the mike talking about the great job Hobart did in shutting out UMB in their own barn and how they were now doing the same thing to NU ... the next thing I saw was the puck hitting the back of the net!
      It was a great call, George!
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
        Couldn't agree more. About ten seconds before Hall's goal, I was thinking "If Hobart kills this penalty too they're going to grab some serious momentum." It was the first (and only) time in the game I was seriously worried. Then came Hall, with about 20 seconds left in the power play. Just awesome!
        The biggest thing about that is our top PP was completely shutdown on both opportunities. Hall making that play was big on so many levels. What a tournament he’s had. Goals in every game of the playoffs so far.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

A Rivalry is Born- Nominated for "Best Edge of Your Seat Spectator Sport - Division III Men's Hockey, League - NEHC. Are you one of the many who talk to your computer while watching Norwich hockey online? I didn't think it was weird of me until Hall answered my prayers Saturday night. I wonder what he will say when I ask him to pay for my flight to the Div III Men's NCAA's later this month?

It was a great game for both teams and especially both goalies. Aubron and Lascalle had great back up tenders in the goal posts when needed, but handled most of the shots with pure skill and control. As is the trend now a days, many a player risked both life and limb by blocking shots, and going all out to get to the puck before the opponent. Both teams had their ups and downs, but both should be extremely proud of how they played the game. I am 99% sure we will be joined by Hobart in the final rankings coming out tomorrow. They have had a good season, and just like Norwich, peaking at the right time. As a spectator, I would be very happy to play Hobart one more time this season, but I am sure there are those who dread seeing such a intense opponent again.

I have noticed something with Norwich this second half of the season. I can only label it as "team work" and I think it can be attributed to Coach Ellsworth's style, Norwich's "Systems"and the individual readiness of the players. You can actually sense the "trust and comradery" Norwich possesses (? spelling, looks weird).They portray a sense of calm, certainty, and controlled intent as they work together. I have seen it in past Norwich teams but never as strong as it developed over time this year. It's a quiet confidence, not cockiness and not misleading. It is boldness mixed with a healthy dose of trust with your team mates and the "systems" ( To me, systems mean a series of preset plays and situations that has become ingrained by practice, and I could be totally wrong on this). What ever is going on, it is working well and I hope we'll see more of it in the short season about to start next weekend. Congratulations Cadets on a great job done by all of you, from the managers, trainers, sports media, administration, teachers, fans, players and to the coaches. You are awesome individuals who combine into an incredible team. Good Luck!!!

Can't forget the great media coverage through WDEV and NSN. Derrick Dunning, George Commo and guest color announcers, you bring the Cadets to Florida in "living color" of Maroon and Gold! Thank you all for a job well done!
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Great post 17'sfanNU.....love Hobart being part of the NEHC with a program like Norwich...somehow I think the rivalry has another critical encounter before the season is over....we will see

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
              Great post 17'sfanNU.....love Hobart being part of the NEHC with a program like Norwich...somehow I think the rivalry has another critical encounter before the season is over....we will see
              If Webb's projection is an indication of what the NCAA does, that could come in two weeks in Kreitzberg. That was a great game on Saturday.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                If Webb's projection is an indication of what the NCAA does, that could come in two weeks in Kreitzberg. That was a great game on Saturday.
                Maybe I'm crazy, but a bye scares me. When you're hot, stay hot. I know a lot of coaches agree with me; I'll have to find out where Cam stands on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                  Maybe I'm crazy, but a bye scares me. When you're hot, stay hot. I know a lot of coaches agree with me; I'll have to find out where Cam stands on it.
                  And if you have players with minor injuries, you probably like the bye to get everyone healthy.
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

Doesn't matter what we want because we got Trinity or UNE in Kreitzberg for the Quarters.

Definitely never know which is better (week of rest versus 'no weeks off') but I trust Coach to get the guys focused in the next couple weeks and come out with the same fire as they have had all second half.

3 NEHC teams in the tourney this year, that is great for the Conference.

Comment

I think home ice advantage, particularly in Kreitzberg. trumps the risk of a bit of rust so I'm glad to see Norwich placed in the quarterfinals. They're on a roll..... just give us three more wins in a row and let the champagne flow!

Not to get ahead of ourselves too much, but where would the D3 Frozen Four be? The only thing that I have been able to find is TBA.

P.S. Glad to see that Hobart made it in as an at-large pick.... well deserved.
                      Last edited by nujack; 03-04-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nujack View Post
                        I think home ice advantage, particularly in Kreitzberg. trumps the risk of a bit of rust so I'm glad to see Norwich placed in the quarterfinals. They're on a roll..... just give us three more wins in a row and let the champagne flow!

Not to get ahead of ourselves too much, but where would the D3 Frozen Four be? The only thing that I have been able to find is TBA.
                        Pack your cheesehead ...

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          Pack your cheesehead ...
                          Yeah... I saw that while watching the 2019 selection video.... now if the first 3 seeds could be upset in the quarters it wold be a much easier trip.

Where the heck is Stevens Point anyway? No bother, I'll look it up. It can't possibly be more remote than Oswego can it?

Good to see the Lady Cadets made it into the NCAAs too.

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                            Yeah... I saw that while watching the 2019 selection video.... now if the first 3 seeds could be upset in the quarters it wold be a much easier trip.

Where the heck is Stevens Point anyway? No bother, I'll look it up. It can't possibly be more remote than Oswego can it?

Good to see the Lady Cadets made it into the NCAAs too.
                            Norwich is the number 3 seed, so I don't really think you want that.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Norwich is the number 3 seed, so I don't really think you want that.
                              Sorry, you're right. I thought that they were the 4th seed since they were mentioned last in the presentation of the teams that were put in the quarterfinals and they never mentioned seeding on the show.

So if the 1 and 2 seeds lose in the quarterfinals then the national championship semifinal and final will be helf at Kreitzberg, right?

BTW, I think it is unlikely but one can only hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by nujack View Post
                                Sorry, you're right. I thought that they were the 4th seed since they were mentioned last in the presentation of the teams that were put in the quarterfinals and they never mentioned seeding on the show.

So if the 1 and 2 seeds lose in the quarterfinals then the national championship semifinal and final will be helf at Kreitzberg, right?

BTW, I think it is unlikely but one can only hope.
                                It will be in the west as whoever comes out in that bracket will have beaten the #1 team in the country. THe only chance of that changing is if Augsburg wins out, and is deemed unsuitable to host.
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X