• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    By the way, in case you missed them ...

Norwich Recruits - 2018-2019

1 Adam Mercer

Mercer is a 5-foot-11, 190-pound goaltender from Belchertown, Mass, who played for the Junior Bruins of the United States Premier Hockey League (USPHL) NCDC division. Mercer. He split time between the South Shore Kings and the Junior Bruins last season, playing in 18 games with a 2.64 goals against average and a .920 save percentage.

#4 Gabriel Chicoine

Chicoine is a 6-foot, 180-pound defenseman from St. Dominique, Quebec, who played for Les Inouk de Granby for the last three years in the Quebec Junior Hockey League. In 200 career QHJL games, he scored 22 goals and had 114 assists for 136 points. Last season, he was among the top scoring defensemen in the league with 11 goals and 47 assists for 58 points in 47 games played. In nine playoff games, he scored three goals and had four assists for seven points.

#5 Alex Monteleone

Monteleone is a 6-foot-1, 205-pound defenseman from Montreal, Quebec, who played for the Cornwall Colts of the Central Canadian Hockey League (CCHL) in 2017-18. In 47 games played, he scored three goals and had 10 assists for 13 points. He also had one assist in seven playoff games.

#11 Josh Vertentes

Vertentes is a 5-foot-10, 185-pound forward from Rehoboth, Mass., who played for the Boston Jr. Bandits of the USPHL-NCDC. Vertentes scored 23 goals and had 19 assists for 42 points in 50 games played.

#18 Sam DiBitetto

DiBitetto is a 5-foot-8, 175-pound forward from Hilton, N.Y., who played for Northwood Prep last season. In 58 games combined between the Prep and the 18U team, he scored 29 goals and had 32 for 61 points. He also had three points in three playoff games.

#19 Brett Ouderkirk

Ouderkirk is a 6-foor-0, 185-pound forward from Monkland, Ontario, who played for the Markham Royals of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL). He scored 29 goals and 68 assists for 97 points 108 games in the last two seasons with the Royals. Last year, he ranked among the league leaders with 23 goals and 47 assists for 70 points.

#26 Maxime Bourdas

Bourdas is a 5-foot-9, 166-pound forward from St. Cesaire, Quebec, who played with Chicoine on Les Inouk de Granby for the last three seasons. Bourdas 73 goals and 100 assists for 173 points in 135 games played in three seasons in Granby. Last year, he registered 33 goals and 61 assists for 94 points. He also added seven more points in six playoff games.

#29 Noah Williams

Williams is a 6-foot-0, 185-pound forward from Cortland, N.Y., who played for the Cornwall Colts of the CJHL and the Calgary Canucks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL). In 46 games, he scored five goals and had nine assists for 14 points. In seven playoff games with the Colts, he had three goals and an assist for four points.
    Is Coby Downs back this year? Noticed #18 is assigned to Sam DiBitetto. Haven't seen this season's roster as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
      Is Coby Downs back this year? Noticed #18 is assigned to Sam DiBitetto. Haven't seen this season's roster as yet.
      He marched with the team in the Labor Day Parade. Maybe a number change?

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        He marched with the team in the Labor Day Parade. Maybe a number change?
        I was thinking a number change, but was wondering. Top scorer last season as a freshman.

Comment

It turns out yours truly made a mistake....no conspiracy theories here folks. Coby Downs indeed back and in the same number #18. Sam DiBitetto will be #16.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            It turns out yours truly made a mistake....no conspiracy theories here folks. Coby Downs indeed back and in the same number #18. Sam DiBitetto will be #16.
            Thank you Mr. D.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              No dinner for you tonight!!
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well my hockey brain has been turned off for a couple of months. Feel like I need to get re-focused and caught back up. Excited for the Ellsworth Era to begin and watching DIII hockey.
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                  Well my hockey brain has been turned off for a couple of months. Feel like I need to get re-focused and caught back up. Excited for the Ellsworth Era to begin and watching DIII hockey.
                  I don't think the Norwich fan base is fully aware of what a home run hire this was for the Cadets. Cam Ellsworth is a rock star. I literally cannot say enough good things about him, and what I've already seen. Very excited for the season to start.

Comment

I am getting excited about this weekends games, will they be broadcast on NSN and WDEV? When are we going to see a roster on the Norwich website? I know, a lot of questions but inquiring minds want to know!
                    Go Norwich. Welcome to Coach Ellsworth.
                    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                      I am getting excited about this weekends games, will they be broadcast on NSN and WDEV? When are we going to see a roster on the Norwich website? I know, a lot of questions but inquiring minds want to know!
                      Go Norwich. Welcome to Coach Ellsworth.
                      Historically, there haven't been videos of the exhibition games. Looking at the schedule it looks like DEV will be there, but perhaps George or Derek can confirm that.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Historically, there haven't been videos of the exhibition games. Looking at the schedule it looks like DEV will be there, but perhaps George or Derek can confirm that.
                        Yes, I just looked at the schedule and saw no video icons, bummer. Should have an audio broadcast, right George?
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          There will be no video or live stats for Saturday’s game. Sunday will have live stats. Audio through wdev radio both days.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                            I don't think the Norwich fan base is fully aware of what a home run hire this was for the Cadets. Cam Ellsworth is a rock star. I literally cannot say enough good things about him, and what I've already seen. Very excited for the season to start.
                            Young Flint, have you observed any practices or collected any intel? Any of the recruits particularly impressive? What can you tell us?

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                              Yes, I just looked at the schedule and saw no video icons, bummer. Should have an audio broadcast, right George?
                              Sorry to report no radio this weekend ... possible Red Sox conflict Saturday and NASCAR Sunday ... our first broadcast will be the opener at Endicott on the 27th.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                                Sorry to report no radio this weekend ... possible Red Sox conflict Saturday and NASCAR Sunday ... our first broadcast will be the opener at Endicott on the 27th.
                                No secondary station to use when more "important" events are on?
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X