• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Woot woot, good grind!

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      Woot woot, good grind!

r
      "Grind" is definitely the right word for that game. Still trying to breathe normal.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

I didn't know Ouderkirk was an Ellsworth recruit. If that's the standard of recruit that we can expect under Coach Ellsworth then the future is mighty bright.
        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
          "Grind" is definitely the right word for that game. Still trying to breathe normal.
          Yeah, it was a pretty hard game to watch, not much flow. But W is a W, onto the real deal.

r

Comment

“I don’t care if we’re the best team in December...I want to be playing the best hockey we can in March” - Coach Cam Ellsworth

Comment

Also, with Prez as my witness, earlier this week I predicted Hobart scores first, and Hall ties it*

*I also went on to predict a 4-2 final with an ENG to seal it, but that won’t be mentioned since I was wrong
              Last edited by KrbFlint; 03-02-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Just Back from "The Berg" WOW
                Steve Day(NU71)
                Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                  Also, with Prez as my witness, earlier this week I predicted Hobart scores first, and Hall ties it*

I also went on to predict a 4-2 final with an ENG to seal it, but that won’t be mentioned since I was wrong
                  Guy standing next to me said ‘Hall will have something to say about this before the nights over’ probably 5 mins before he took the team on his back and scored that one. Nice to have someone with that clutch scoring.

Great game against a great opponent, honestly Norwich looked toasted in the 2nd til Halls goal. Well played 3rd and liked the way we played with the lead.

Comment

Intense game. Great outcome. It did turn out to be the low scoring game we expected from the #8 & #9 DIII goalies in the country.
                    I thought that some of our passing tonight was reminiscent of the early part of our season.
                    Sure to keep the #3 seed on Monday. Hoping for a bye, and a home game in 2 weeks.
                    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                      Guy standing next to me said ‘Hall will have something to say about this before the nights over’ probably 5 mins before he took the team on his back and scored that one. Nice to have someone with that clutch scoring.

Great game against a great opponent, honestly Norwich looked toasted in the 2nd til Halls goal. Well played 3rd and liked the way we played with the lead.
                      You lucked out. Guy standing behind me was a Hobart fan and kept touching me. At one point, I was convinced he was trying to take my wallet. Dead serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                        You lucked out. Guy standing behind me was a Hobart fan and kept touching me. At one point, I was convinced he was trying to take my wallet. Dead serious.
                        Needed some gas money for the long trek home haha

Comment

Congratulations to the Cadets on the win and the Championship. Good luck in the NCAAs...... will be biting nails to see if the Statesmen get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                            Congratulations to the Cadets on the win and the Championship. Good luck in the NCAAs...... will be biting nails to see if the Statesmen get in.
                            Hobart will be in. Awesome game last night. Really enjoying the rivalry being built up between the two schools. Last year was Hobart’s year on top and this year it was Norwich getting the better of the matchup.

Hope both teams make nice tourney runs!
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                              GREAT WIN BOYS ! ! ! ! ! Keep it rolling

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post

Great game against a great opponent, honestly Norwich looked toasted in the 2nd til Hall's goal. Well played 3rd and liked the way we played with the lead.
                                Couldn't agree more. About ten seconds before Hall's goal, I was thinking "If Hobart kills this penalty too they're going to grab some serious momentum." It was the first (and only) time in the game I was seriously worried. Then came Hall, with about 20 seconds left in the power play. Just awesome!
                                Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Working...
                                X