Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Results 361 to 379 of 379

Thread: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

  1. #361
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    The sad fact is, a bunch of front running, fair weather fans singing their praises tonight were pushing the panic button in December. The Ellsworth Era is going to be great, and a lot of people who don’t deserve to are going to enjoy it. There, I said it. Blame the beer.

    Great coach. Great kids. Great season.
    Well gee, thanks for telling us all how we should have felt last year. Maybe you can tell all of us what next years results will be, based upon your vast store of hockey knowledge.
    And no beer is being used as an excuse in this post.

  2. #362
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    Well gee, thanks for telling us all how we should have felt last year. Maybe you can tell all of us what next years results will be, based upon your vast store of hockey knowledge.
    And no beer is being used as an excuse in this post.
    I already said my post was harsh. Rather than being a coward and taking it down, I admitted my “mistake” and left it there.

    I also stand by my “hockey knowledge”. If you were to look through the entire history of my posts here, I think you’d find I’ve been consistently pretty freakin accurate.

    I don’t know what triggered you. What makes you think I was addressing you? I certainly wasn’t talking about our entire fan base. I posted something, as a fan, in the emotional aftermath of a tough loss to wrap up an unreal season. I have opportunities to be closer to things than a lot of posters. I heard the remarks and comments from “fans” early in the year, and saw the effects on coaches and players. And it ticks me off.

    I didn’t accuse you, or anyone else on USCHO for that matter, of anything so your response is interesting. I have reason to believe you have a very long history with NU hockey, which would certainly make you NOT a fair weather fan.

    Anyway, again, my post was pretty harsh, and that was wrong.
    Last edited by KrbFlint; 03-24-2019 at 09:11 AM.

  3. #363
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    I already said my post was harsh. Rather than being a coward and taking it down, I admitted my “mistake” and left it there.

    I also stand by my “hockey knowledge”. If you were to look through the entire history of my posts here, I think you’d find I’ve been consistently pretty freakin accurate.

    I don’t know what triggered you. What makes you think I was addressing you? I certainly wasn’t talking about our entire fan base. I posted something, as a fan, in the emotional aftermath of a tough loss to wrap up an unreal season. I have opportunities to be closer to things than a lot of posters. I heard the remarks and comments from “fans” early in the year, and saw the effects on coaches and players. And it ticks me off.

    I didn’t accuse you, or anyone else on USCHO for that matter, of anything so your response is interesting.

    Anyway, again, my post was pretty harsh, and that was wrong.
    And I stand by my post. Your attitude comes across with a ‘holier than thou’ tinge, ie. touting your hockey knowledge. I don’t post often anymore, but when I do it’s because I feel strongly about something. And I don’t engage often in post exchanges, at least not since kashmunnie left us.
    Most people know where to find me for discussions.

  4. #364
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    And I stand by my post. Your attitude comes across with a ‘holier than thou’ tinge, ie. touting your hockey knowledge. I don’t post often anymore, but when I do it’s because I feel strongly about something. And I don’t engage often in post exchanges, at least not since kashmunnie left us.
    Most people know where to find me for discussions.
    I’m sorry that you felt offended by my post. We can end the online debate. I’m a Norwich fan, through and through. I believe I have a lot of knowledge and experience as far as a number of team sports go, and I enjoy discussing them. If I came across as “holier than thou”, it is never my intention.

    I am a fairly hard-edged guy, admittedly. Three years ago, I read here, over and over, how NU’s program had been “ passed by” and “the league caught up”, and McShane’s “systems didn’t work”. It was, of course, all rubbish. And the following year’s title validated that stance.

    I have a problem with the people who jump on and off the bandwagon; it really bothers me. And there were a whole bunch of people (in general, not on the boards necessarily) who jumped off in December, said stupid things to players and coaches, and then spent the past week celebrating. I have a problem with that, but it doesn’t include (or diminish) the great Norwich fans I have “met” since I joined these boards.

  5. #365
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,727

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    I'm trying to remember what I was posting back in December. I think my thoughts were along the line of we need to give the new era time to gel. I was prepared for a non-NCAA tournament season, because of the lack of seniors. Lots of credit to Coach for hitting the ground running and getting off to such a great continuation of the winning hockey tradition in Northfield.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  6. #366
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,298

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Come on now Flint and Jerry!!!
    It was a great year and we all should be talking about that ... this is an AWFUL time for a Flame Fest!

  7. #367
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Come on now Flint and Jerry!!!
    It was a great year and we all should be talking about that ... this is an AWFUL time for a Flame Fest!
    I agree. It wasn’t my intention to offend anyone here, I made an ill advised post in a moment of emotion and frustration. I have since admitted my mistake. I ended my post with “Great Coach. Great kids. Great year” or something like that, and I meant it. I don’t agree with Jerry’s characterization of my posts/intentions, but I can see where he is coming from. I’ll leave it at that, and try to be more careful with my “posts of passion”.

    I’m beyond ecstatic with the way this season went, and couldn’t be more excited for the future. Replacing a legend is tough, but we’ve got the right man for the job, a great team coming back, and can recruit in the wake of another title game appearance.

  8. #368
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Not to slight the current team or their accomplishments but everyone is always asking "who's coming in next", well currently Norwich has two "committed" players for next year via eliteprospects.com

    Jonathon Banovetz

    Niks Krollis

    Krollis was named the EHL defenseman of the year as well and has played for the Latvian U-20 National team.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  9. #369
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Not to slight the current team or their accomplishments but everyone is always asking "who's coming in next", well currently Norwich has two "committed" players for next year via eliteprospects.com

    Jonathon Banovetz

    Niks Krollis

    Krollis was named the EHL defenseman of the year as well and has played for the Latvian U-20 National team.
    Obviously, given the success and state of the program, McShane was a great recruiter. But, I feel like Coach Ellsworth has the tools to elevate it even more. Young, relentlessly positive guy with experience at the top rung of DI. Plus, Norwich has always had a beautiful campus, but given the recent upgrades, it's another strong selling point.

  10. #370
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BackoftheNet, NY
    Posts
    44

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Although the sting of coming so close to another Championship is still fresh, congratulations to the Cadets for a great season . Looking forward to another chapter in the new Hobart-Norwich rivalry in 2019-2020. By the way, if I had a vote , Aubrun was the NCAA all tournament goalie, and unfortunately for Hobart we will see his talent next year, but if the pattern holds, next year is our turn😀
    Last edited by Bartman; 03-25-2019 at 07:09 AM.

  11. #371
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,727

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Although the sting of coming so close to another Championship is still fresh, congratulations to the Cadets for a great season . Looking forward to another chapter in the new Hobart-Norwich rivalry in 2019-2020. By the way, if I had a vote , Aubrun was the NCAA all tournament goalie, and unfortunately for Hobart we will see his talent next year, but if the pattern holds, next year is our turn��
    I like the way this budding rivalry is developing.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  12. #372
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I like the way this budding rivalry is developing.
    I’ll say it. Hobart is norwich’s #1 rival right now. In just two short years.

  13. #373
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,727

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I’ll say it. Hobart is norwich’s #1 rival right now. In just two short years.
    I would guess that is true, but from this distance it is hard to verify.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  14. #374
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    145

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Great game ... great season ...
    Congrats to UWSP ... They deserved it!

    One complaint ..
    I don't always pay much attention to all tournament teams... you wouldn't believe how some of them are selected .. but if you are going to pick one at least get it right.

    That Tom Aubrun did not make the team is a disgrace!
    Totally agree.... Aubrun was a total stud in the net (ok, perhaps other than that second goal in the Geneseo game).

    I have one other complaint.... isn't D3 hockey advanced enough today that they should have the national championship weekend at a neutral site?

    Great season... great post-season... great national championship run and lost in overtime to a great team that had the Cadets looking out of gas at the end. Can't wait till next year.

  15. #375
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404
    Quote Originally Posted by nujack View Post
    Totally agree.... Aubrun was a total stud in the net (ok, perhaps other than that second goal in the Geneseo game).

    I have one other complaint.... isn't D3 hockey advanced enough today that they should have the national championship weekend at a neutral site?

    Great season... great post-season... great national championship run and lost in overtime to a great team that had the Cadets looking out of gas at the end. Can't wait till next year.
    1 more time in the next 3 years of this. I’m sure there will be plenty of feedback from this one on many aspects.

  16. #376
    wants to see mountains West Texas Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    7,547

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Just got back from Wisconsin yesterday. Great games, and the cadets showed amazing discipline after going down 0-2 against UWSP. Home ice was a real advantage (and not just due to the fans), but as one of the players said afterward: 'That's the advantage you get when you go undefeated all year.' Class all around, and I'm going to miss this team. At least we'll have most of them back next year, and can hope that Aubrun gets the recognition he should've had last Saturday!
    Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

  17. #377
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    In the event you haven’t heard, NU women’s coach (and former Cadet) Mark Bolding has accepted the head women’s job at Yale.

  18. #378
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    AHL Rockford Ice Hogs annual team awards for the 2018-2019 season- Unsung Hero: William Pelletier. Man of the Year: William Pelletier. Congratulations William from a Norwich Alumnus.

  19. #379
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    674

    Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfe123 View Post
    AHL Rockford Ice Hogs annual team awards for the 2018-2019 season- Unsung Hero: William Pelletier. Man of the Year: William Pelletier. Congratulations William from a Norwich Alumnus.
    Awesome honors! Glad to see him doing well!
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •