Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Seems like we've been seeing the names Ouderkirck, Brassard, and Borduas in the scoring a lot lately. Looked it up and didn't realize that our top 6 scorers include 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores.
    With Aubrun coming back, I think Norwich could be VERY good next year.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

I'd say revenge has been served after that 1-0 loss earlier this season...

Cadets up to fourth in the pairwise, jumping Williams and Eau Claire....

9-0-2 in last 11...trail Babson by one point for 2nd place...
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

ON TO Rhode Island & Johnson & Wales Keep IT Up Boys
        Steve Day(NU71)
        Go Cadets

Comment

Norwich leads 4-1 after falling behind 1-0 early. Brett Ouderkirk continues his red-hot week with two goals. TJ Dockery and Sam DiBitetto also with goals for the Cadets.

20 minutes left in regulation...Skidmore leads Babson 1-0 after 2 and UMass/Hobart tied 2-2. Could be a huge league points day and potentially put NU back in contention for the regular season title.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

And another Norwich win, 5-1. Bring it home boys!!!
            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

12 straight unbeaten...tied with Babson for second place in league standings with 23 points and I believe holding the tiebreaker with more wins.

How's this for a scenario....Norwich sweeps NEC and Southern Maine, Babson sweeps home and home with UMass Boston...all three tie with 27 points....
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

In that scenario, with UMB and the Cadets with 13 wins, and Babson with 12, what are the next level tiebreakers after more wins?
                The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Big Game tonight! Hope the Cadets continue their strong team play while getting some revenge for the loss at NEC's barn (quite literally) earlier this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                    Big Game tonight! Hope the Cadets continue their strong team play while getting some revenge for the loss at NEC's barn (quite literally) earlier this year.
                    Norwich has not lost since December 8th at NEC.
                    NEC has not lost since November. 17th.

Comment

What a game. What a win.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                        What a game. What a win.
                        I wasn't able to turn it on until the third period this week, but looked like a good crowd too!
                        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

I'll ask again. In the scenario that has UMB and the Cadets with 13 wins, and Babson with 12, all 3 with 27 points, what are the next level tiebreakers after more wins?
                          Last edited by peddler; 02-08-2019, 08:28 PM.
                          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                            I'll ask again. In the scenario that has UMB and the Cadets with 13 wins, and Babson with 12, all 3 with 27 points, what are the next level tiebreakers after more wins?
                            I don't know but usually in ties in points the tiebreaker is head-to-head results.

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
                              I don't know but usually in ties in points the tiebreaker is head-to-head results.
                              If it is a 3 way tie, the tie breaker is the records in the games among the the three.

If Babo beats UMB tomorrow, those records would be

Babo 3 - 1 - 0
                              Norwich 2 - 2 - 0
                              UMB 1 - 3 - 0

Babson would get 1st and after that it gets complicated to break the tie between Norwich and UMB - head to head would be equal, both teams would have the same number of wins. The old ECAC East rule would then be to compare records vs. the top 4 in the league. If Hobart is 4th, Norwich has a better record agains the top 4 than UMB (4-2-0 vs. 2 - 3 -1)

If UMB beats Babo, then UMB is first and Norwich second (if they lose to USM, they still would have the second tie breaker (league wins) over Babo.)

Thus Norwich seems to be guaranteed the number 2 seed no matter what.

The important thing is to keep winning to hang on to the high ranking in the PWR.
                              Last edited by NUProf; 02-08-2019, 11:16 PM.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I'm pretty sure in the event of a three-way tie assuming a Babson and Norwich win today, Babson is the 1, Norwich is 2 and UMass is 3. Babson is 3-1, Norwich is 2-2, UMass is 1-3 vs. the three tied teams giving Babson the No. 1 spot.

I'm 98 percent sure that Norwich would be the 2 seed and UMass would be the 3 seed due to Norwich having a 2-0 record vs. Hobart and UMass being 1-0-1 as long as Hobart stays at No. 4 today and isn't jumped by New England College.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X