• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
    To Paraphrase Bill Belicheck

ON TO HOBART
    Cooler heads will prevail.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Perhaps it's weird to feel like you "got away" with a 4-2 win on hostile ice, but that's what it felt like to me. Norwich did a good job of capitalizing on all of the Hobart penalties in the second, but it really felt like Hobart controlled play when it was 5-on-5. Outstanding performance by Aubrun. Not sure what happened on that second goal, but he had a terrific night with 34 saves.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        Perhaps it's weird to feel like you "got away" with a 4-2 win on hostile ice, but that's what it felt like to me. Norwich did a good job of capitalizing on all of the Hobart penalties in the second, but it really felt like Hobart controlled play when it was 5-on-5. Outstanding performance by Aubrun. Not sure what happened on that second goal, but he had a terrific night with 34 saves.
        You’re not wrong. Impressed with how well the boys kept their poise while the Statesmen were losing theirs. 2-0 vs Hobart.

Comment

On to SKIDMORE
          Steve Day(NU71)
          Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
            On to SKIDMORE
            Be a huge lift for this team to take 4 points on the road for the first time this season on a weekend...Skidmore has been playing some good hockey in their last 10 games. A win puts NU in much better position to try and get a home first round playoff game.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

3 point weekend on the road is OK, plus they have the tie breakers over both Hobart and Skidmore if it comes down to that.
              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                3 point weekend on the road is OK, plus they have the tie breakers over both Hobart and Skidmore if it comes down to that.
                Definitely a good weekend. 3 points vs. those two is nothing to scoff at. As you mentioned, tiebreakers vs. those two is very helpful. Need a big weekend at home next weekend vs. UMass Boston and Babson otherwise the quarterfinal round could be on the road.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

A lot of parity in the NEHC this year with the teams bunched up. Obviously, the importance of next weekend needs no statement. However, if they can get a good showing there then the back-end of the schedule presents opportunity. As Suffolk showed us earlier this year, you can't take anyone for granted. However, after next weekend the top teams in the conference will be behind us, and 7 of the last 8 games are against the four teams at the bottom of the standings.
                  Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    A lot of parity in the NEHC this year with the teams bunched up. Obviously, the importance of next weekend needs no statement. However, if they can get a good showing there then the back-end of the schedule presents opportunity. As Suffolk showed us earlier this year, you can't take anyone for granted. However, after next weekend the top teams in the conference will be behind us, and 7 of the last 8 games are against the four teams at the bottom of the standings.
                    I think I’ve posted it before, but this team seems to play to the level of competition. They can bring it vs the “top” teams, but seem to struggle to play with the same intensity against lower ranked opponents.

Therefore, I expect to see a great weekend of hockey!

Comment

• This league right now is as good top to bottom as it has ever been. There are no off nights. The three points this weekend were well earned against really tough opponents pn the road.
                      This Norwich team right now is yet another solid
                      group oif Cadets... on par with the teams we have seen through the years .. and with players like Chicoine, Ouderkirk and Borduas coming on they are going t get even better. But it is a much tougher league. So will it translate into wins?
                      Stay tuned.

Comment

well said puckvoice!!-very interested to see how this team does this upcoming weekend-i would never bet against them ,especially at home-

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          This league right now is as good top to bottom as it has ever been. There are no off nights. The three points this weekend were well earned against really tough opponents pn the road.
                          This Norwich team right now is yet another solid
                          group oif Cadets... on par with the teams we have seen through the years .. and with players like Chicoine, Ouderkirk and Borduas coming on they are going t get even better. But it is a much tougher league. So will it translate into wins?

Stay tuned.
                          6 teams well above .500 with another than has already beaten two of the teams when they’ve been ranked in the top 15.

Definitely strongest year for the league since I’ve been here.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            6 teams well above .500 with another than has already beaten two of the teams when they’ve been ranked in the top 15.

Definitely strongest year for the league since I’ve been here.
                            Prez... how does the league fit in nationally? D-3 is going to Pairwise this year. When do those numbers start to come out?

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                              Prez... how does the league fit in nationally? D-3 is going to Pairwise this year. When do those numbers start to come out?
                              I heard rumors on the pairwise coming out this week. We’ll have to wait and see. I’m sure Chris, Ed and Russell will let us know.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Another Hockey Tie Norwich and Endicott This time in Women's Hockey 2-2 at Endicott Monday Jan 14
                                Steve Day(NU71)
                                Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
                                X