Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the event of a three-way tie assuming a Babson and Norwich win today, Babson is the 1, Norwich is 2 and UMass is 3. Babson is 3-1, Norwich is 2-2, UMass is 1-3 vs. the three tied teams giving Babson the No. 1 spot.

I'm 98 percent sure that Norwich would be the 2 seed and UMass would be the 3 seed due to Norwich having a 2-0 record vs. Hobart and UMass being 1-0-1 as long as Hobart stays at No. 4 today and isn't jumped by New England College.
    Didn't I say that? You could have I was correct, you know
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The Berg is just about empty today. I really wish the Saturday games were 7:00 pm, instead of 4:00.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        The Berg is just about empty today. I really wish the Saturday games were 7:00 pm, instead of 4:00.
        NEHC rules. Has been that way since it was called the ECAC East. When I arrived at Norwich in 1980 Saturday league games were in the afternoon. Non-league games on Saturday can be evening games.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          NEHC rules. Has been that way since it was called the ECAC East. When I arrived at Norwich in 1980 Saturday league games were in the afternoon. Non-league games on Saturday can be evening games.
          I know. I wish they would change the rule.

Comment

Crowd filtering in a bit

Comment

Great recovery of this game and the whole season Cadets! You have become a serious contender, so much talent from top to bottom team! Congrats to senior's Beecy and Robertson, but you are not done yet. Rest up for Suffolk next weekend. Love being able to watch you guys online.
              There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Anyone else having difficulty getting the D3 hockey.com website up? I have tried everything and two different servers and all I get is site can't be found.

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                  Anyone else having difficulty getting the D3 hockey.com website up? I have tried everything and two different servers and all I get is site can't be found.
                  Yes, I get the same results as you do no matter what I tried to do.

NU56
                  Old Member
                  Maybe the Oldest

Comment

• Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                    Yes, I get the same results as you do no matter what I tried to do.
                    It has been sporadic all week.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      It has been sporadic all week.
                      Just got on it 5 minutes ago
                      The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Well we did our job, and ended the regular season as the 2nd seed in the conference playoffs. Suffolk at home next Saturday.
                        The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
                          Well we did our job, and ended the regular season as the 2nd seed in the conference playoffs. Suffolk at home next Saturday.
                          Heck of a stretch run ... now the second season!
                          A word of caution ... this is the new NEHC, not the old ECAC East... there are no guaranteed walkovers anymore.
                          I think the odds have never been higher for a top four team to get knocked off ...
                          The Cadets first job will be make sure it doesn't happen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            Heck of a stretch run ... now the second season!
                            A word of caution ... this is the new NEHC, not the old ECAC East... there are no guaranteed walkovers anymore.
                            I think the odds have never been higher for a top four team to get knocked off ...
                            The Cadets first job will be make sure it doesn't happen to them.
                            +1

Comment

Prez, will whatever how many games we play on home ice for the NEHC conference title be at 7PM? It would certainly make me happy so I can be home and watching on line to cheer the team on from afar! I work on Saturday's for the next few weeks till 4, get home around 5, don't want to miss an ounce of action.

Also, is indicative that the NEHC has as a whole become stronger and more competitive league with the fact that we have had 3 - 4 teams ranked in the top 15 pair wise/RPI rankings over the past few weeks? Right now, Norwich is 4, UMB 5, Hobart 8 and Babson a close 16. From my perspective watching the games and following the results, I think the NEHC is one of the most competitive leagues in the east, maybe even the nation. I would be interested in hearing other poster's thoughts on this.

Happy play offs everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                                Prez, will whatever how many games we play on home ice for the NEHC conference title be at 7PM? It would certainly make me happy so I can be home and watching on line to cheer the team on from afar! I work on Saturday's for the next few weeks till 4, get home around 5, don't want to miss an ounce of action.

Also, is indicative that the NEHC has as a whole become stronger and more competitive league with the fact that we have had 3 - 4 teams ranked in the top 15 pair wise/RPI rankings over the past few weeks? Right now, Norwich is 4, UMB 5, Hobart 8 and Babson a close 16. From my perspective watching the games and following the results, I think the NEHC is one of the most competitive leagues in the east, maybe even the nation. I would be interested in hearing other poster's thoughts on this.

Happy play offs everyone!
                                Norwich men will be playing at 7pm on Saturdays for as many rounds as it hosts. FWIW, the women will play at 3pm every Saturday too no matter what.

Cuts into your work time but for those that don’t have to, hope you can come out and support the ladies too!
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X