• Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

FOURTH??

https://www.uscho.com/2018/10/25/hob...petitive-nehc/

That should fuel the fire a bit

Comment

Exciting news before the game actually starts. Former Coach Mike McShane will occasionally do play by play per George Commo. Yeah, dreams come true.

Good luck Coach Ellsworth and all the players! So good to have you back playing.
      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
        Exciting news before the game actually starts. Former Coach Mike McShane will occasionally do play by play per George Commo. Yeah, dreams come true.

Good luck Coach Ellsworth and all the players! So good to have you back playing.
        I’m assuming you meant color commentary along with George on the call?
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Even though it goes in the books as a tie, what a great start. For a young squad to battle back from that deficit against a good team is a great sign. Excited to see it live next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I’m assuming you meant color commentary along with George on the call?
            Absolutely, sorry for the error, I was so excited, I misplaced my words. That occasionally happens as you get older (wonder what my excuse is???)

Great start to the season Coach Ellsworth and Cadets, way to fight back and Tie against a tough team.

Anyone else remember the game at Kreitzberg two years ago with Endicott? Same result, and we won the NCAA's that year. Just saying... good start!
            Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 10-27-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Absolutely, sorry for the error, I was so excited, I misplaced my words. That occasionally happens as you get older (wonder what my excuse is???)
              Doesn't ever happen for me
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Home opening weekend coming up ... the Pony's and the Statesmen coming to town ... so what do you think folks?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                  Home opening weekend coming up ... the Pony's and the Statesmen coming to town ... so what do you think folks?
                  Four point weekend for Wick!

Comment

three point weekend with win over skidmore and tie with hobart

Comment

Originally posted by dwb View Post
                      Sounds about right.
                      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by dwb View Post
                        I'll only be happy with four points, especially on home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          I hope we will trounce both of these teams. The Cadets are a young team, packed with talent, but not yet used to playing with each other. So maybe we'll trounce Skidmore and tie Hobart. I would be okay with that.
                          I don't see a loss in either of the games as long as we get back some of the injured and no further injuries occur.

Comment

I hope we will trounce both of these teams. The Cadets are a young team, packed with talent, but not yet used to playing with each other. So maybe we'll trounce Skidmore and tie Hobart. I would be okay with that.
                            I don't see a loss in either of the games as long as we get back some of the injured and no further injuries occur.
                            Don't go all "Oswego" on us here. Hobart represents a significant challenge for this young team. I think realistically we will hope for a win, but we shouldn't be disappointed with less as long as the team plays well. This is the front end of the usual NU 4 year cycle, and there's a lot of maturation that is going to happen between now and the end of the season.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Don't go all "Oswego" on us here. Hobart represents a significant challenge for this young team. I think realistically we will hope for a win, but we shouldn't be disappointed with less as long as the team plays well. This is the front end of the usual NU 4 year cycle, and there's a lot of maturation that is going to happen between now and the end of the season.
                              Sounds about right to me. Glad to see some action on this board. I was afraid we would go down the board tubes earlier (like our former big rival Middlebury, which is now Caselton according to my grandson). But things are picking up. I had hoped to see one of the first games before coming to Florida, but fell down the outdoor stone steps instead. Recovering OK and looking forward to tonight's game on TV. Glad to hear our new coach is being well received. It's a 100 year old hockey program we are watching and hopefully it will continue on many more years.

NU56
                              Old Member
                              Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                                Sounds about right to me. Glad to see some action on this board. I was afraid we would go down the board tubes earlier (like our former big rival Middlebury, which is now Caselton according to my grandson). But things are picking up. I had hoped to see one of the first games before coming to Florida, but fell down the outdoor stone steps instead. Recovering OK and looking forward to tonight's game on TV. Glad to hear our new coach is being well received. It's a 100 year old hockey program we are watching and hopefully it will continue on many more years.
                                Hope you are feeling "up and about" well soon. Florida has been dry and warm during the day, cooling down nicely when the sun goes down. We're getting some rain today which we need. What area are you from in Northern NY? I am originally from Plattsburgh, and used to be a Cardinal Hockey fan until I moved to Central Vermont and saw the Cadets play the Cards. I have been Maroon and Gold since- better coach-better players-better discipline=better hockey!

As for Norwich, I know hoping to at least tie Hobart maybe asking too much, I agree with Prof, as long as they play well, I will be pleased.
                                Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 11-02-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X