Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2018-19 Season Thread: The Ellsworth Era begins

Just got back from Wisconsin yesterday. Great games, and the cadets showed amazing discipline after going down 0-2 against UWSP. Home ice was a real advantage (and not just due to the fans), but as one of the players said afterward: 'That's the advantage you get when you go undefeated all year.' Class all around, and I'm going to miss this team. At least we'll have most of them back next year, and can hope that Aubrun gets the recognition he should've had last Saturday!
    Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

In the event you haven’t heard, NU women’s coach (and former Cadet) Mark Bolding has accepted the head women’s job at Yale.

Comment

AHL Rockford Ice Hogs annual team awards for the 2018-2019 season- Unsung Hero: William Pelletier. Man of the Year: William Pelletier. Congratulations William from a Norwich Alumnus.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe123 View Post
          AHL Rockford Ice Hogs annual team awards for the 2018-2019 season- Unsung Hero: William Pelletier. Man of the Year: William Pelletier. Congratulations William from a Norwich Alumnus.
          Awesome honors! Glad to see him doing well!
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

This season's schedule is now posted. Twelve weeks to go!
            Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

DD -- Will the new arrangement with Blueframe Tech for athletic event streaming apply to hockey as well? Will there be a charge associated? Will there be a roku/appletv app?

thx!
              r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                DD -- Will the new arrangement with Blueframe Tech for athletic event streaming apply to hockey as well? Will there be a charge associated? Will there be a roku/appletv app?

thx!
                r
                Yes. all home Norwich athletic contests will be streamed through Blueframe Tech. No charge associated for live viewing. Not sure on roku/apple TV yet. Will keep you posted.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Yes. all home Norwich athletic contests will be streamed through Blueframe Tech. No charge associated for live viewing. Not sure on roku/apple TV yet. Will keep you posted.
                  Will the audio still be the DEV audio? I'm sure we will get a link for reaching the content when appropriate.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I second the question about Roku. Having been let down by ESPN+ (what the hell is the point of a streaming app if I need a cable subscription in order to use it?), I would be really pleased to be able to stream NU football and hockey games this season on my big screen (without plugging in my laptop and going through all of that).
                    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                      I second the question about Roku. Having been let down by ESPN+ (what the hell is the point of a streaming app if I need a cable subscription in order to use it?), I would be really pleased to be able to stream NU football and hockey games this season on my big screen (without plugging in my laptop and going through all of that).
                      Two words...

Players Klub

$8 a month and you'll never need or want cable again...
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                        I dumped cable tv but picked up YouTube tv for my tv. I receive 77 channels including local channels. I pay 49.99 per month versus 122.00 a month I used to pay for cable. Because ESPN is on YouTube tv I can stream the app free as well.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          I dumped cable tv but picked up YouTube tv for my tv. I receive 77 channels including local channels. I pay 49.99 per month versus 122.00 a month I used to pay for cable. Because ESPN is on YouTube tv I can stream the app free as well.

Again, I will say it again... PLAYERS KLUB!

370 US Stations...ALL ESPN, ESPN+, NHL Center Ice, all AHL Games, all Canadian Sports shows...plus all your regular Fox, NBC, NBCSN, NESN (yes that one). ...Showtime Starz, HBO, PayPerView...

$8 a month (just need internet and a firestick)
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Again, I will say it again... PLAYERS KLUB!

370 US Stations...ALL ESPN, ESPN+, NHL Center Ice, all AHL Games, all Canadian Sports shows...plus all your regular Fox, NBC, NBCSN, NESN (yes that one). ...Showtime Starz, HBO, PayPerView...

$8 a month (just need internet and a firestick)
                            I need to have local channels because my locatio won t work with an Antenna. I also like other channels besides sports.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              I need to have local channels because my locatio won t work with an Antenna. I also like other channels besides sports.
                              Name one station ...I bet I have it...and it does have some local stations...
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Name one station ...I bet I have it...and it does have some local stations...
                                WPTZ(NBC), WVNY(ABC), WCAX(CBS) WFFF(FOX) ION, CW, LAFF, I get 77 channels, unlimited DVR, Can take a ROKU anywhere there is internet and get my channels. I have 98 movies in my DVR library right now. All free.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X